Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: No Thanks...

KDawg

So, uh… with Del Rio getting **** canned today do we think that had more to do with the argument on the sideline with EB yesterday or performance? My assumption is whatever the argument was is what spawned the firing because… why wouldn’t performance firing have been done weeks ago?

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Imagine if they fed him the rock some more, Robinson, has been great.

I still believe in Terry and Dotson if they scheme it up well.

Need another WR, speed back, O line, and a better coodinator.

I will say this we really need a big, body possession receiver.  Terry and Dotson, if schemed up properly I think would be quite consistent. Let's not forget Robinson is probably hitting his stride now, given what he went through.  I really want a dynamic TE.  I know it  may be asking for too much, but that would really help this team, in addition to some key pieces for the O line.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Do you have a source for this one? Was it on a podcast or written report?

He flat out says it on his (Keim's) podcast.  Was actually shocking to hear how matter of fact he was about it too.  Named Charles Leno as one of the players.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

Moving chairs around while the Titanic is sinking

Kind of. I think of Del Rio more as part of the iceberg.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I don't think I've heard a former player defend using shotgun with regularity on short yardage.  They all seem to hate it.  lol

It defies logic. 

Our whole running game is badly designed, called and blocked. Plus the play action game does not tie into the running game and the fakes look half hearted. It just feels like the running game is an afterthought that’s not really a part of an overall offense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it were a written report, I'd have posted it that way.  It's on a Keim podcast, that point below was among the points. 

Going to be a long last stretch. Not ideal for a young QB trying to win a long time job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't figure out why Allen gets love and Payne does not when Payne has been the far better player for 2 seasons now. I have no problem keeping Payne, I've always felt that Allen has been overrated. He had one good year, his contract year. This year he has been invisible yet we see Payne every week.

That was painful to watch our team get embarrassed with the country watching. I know we will be rewarded in April but man this is no fun now.  

I like Jon Allen because he is a captain who has shown repeatedly how much he cares. Reaves, Mclaurin and Sam for the same reason. I don’t mind keeping Payne also. 

There are players we have here that would be here despite the current coaches. Those are the player I picked. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

I will say this we really need a big, body possession receiver.  Terry and Dotson, if schemed up properly I think would be quite consistent. Let's not forget Robinson is probably hitting his stride now, given what he went through.  I really want a dynamic TE.  I know it  may be asking for too much, but that would really help this team, in addition to some key pieces for the O line.  

Agree, its another reason why if on the off chance they land at #3, Marvin Harrison Jr. isn't a luxury pick -- its a need.  Granted O line is the bigger need but I am not passing over a special player like that

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, its another reason why if on the off chance they land at #3, Marvin Harrison Jr. isn't a luxury pick -- its a need.  Granted O line is the bigger need but I am not passing over a special player like that

I’m starting to think there is half a chance we get a shot at Harrison. If we do it’s a no brainer, move Dotson to the slot. We can maybe package the two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and a future pick to get back into the bottom of the first to get an OT. More likely though we get our pick of the OTs or Bowers.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I’m starting to think there is half a chance we get a shot at Harrison. If we do it’s a no brainer, move Dotson to the slot. We can maybe package the two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and a future pick to get back into the bottom of the first to get an OT. More likely though we get our pick of the OTs or Bowers.

Yeah it feels to me 25% shot or so at Harrison.  It would be about us landing at pick #3 or one of the other QBs shooting up.   More likely Bowers versus Fashanu or Alt.  But if they lose out, they have a shot at #3.  Going through the other teams schedules in the mix, they have easier schedules and many of them still play each other. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 hours ago, profusion said:

I was the real winner yesterday, because I spent a wonderful day with my family rather than watch this atrocity.

Same. I tuned in for a little bit after halftime because I was curious. Was the team still ass?

They were.

Went back to enjoying my family time.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

So, uh… with Del Rio getting **** canned today do we think that had more to do with the argument on the sideline with EB yesterday or performance? My assumption is whatever the argument was is what spawned the firing because… why wouldn’t performance firing have been done weeks ago?

Argument on the sideline?? I totally missed that, but I was at work and only caught bits and pieces of the game.