Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If we end up with the 3rd or 4th pick I think its bad news for Sam, I dont think Carolina or Az are picking QB which means our new GM gets to pick his guy and one of the top 2 QBs coming out of college.

I know people love Sam and our O line is poor but I think it will be hard to pass up for whoever is making that decision. 

I think you might be right..... Howell looks OK but is he as good a prospect as one of the top guys coming out? We also could trade with another team and get a good stash of picks if someone else wants to jump up and grab a QB. Tough call potentially for the new GM.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

45-10. I thought it would be bad, but I'm stunned at how bad it was. It didn't feel like a 45-10 game but the scoreboard confirms it.

**** dallas, **** everything..

I think I had it about 48-13.  Something like that.  Nothing they do stuns me anymore. 

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No, we don’t. I don’t know what Sam Howell is. I also don’t know what Caleb Williams is besides a diva and Drake Maye is because they’ve both choked all year. But yes, let’s draft a QB and watch them get crushed into pixie dust because there are no FA answers to the OL. 

Fix the line and stop putting it off. Just get it freakin done. THEN worry about the quarterback. You want to draft a mid round QB? Go for it. Let him compete. But taking a QB early is basically condemning their career.

I don’t really agree with you , what makes Caleb Williams a diva??

we have 90 mil in cap and also 4 good picks if we did go Caleb or Mayes . 

2 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

He now plays a 17 game schedule, not a 16, 14, or 12 gamer.  The NFL is pass-happy.  He's never done anything significant in the post season and never will.

Sorry but playing 1 extra game for 2 seasons since 2012 isnt the reason hes compiled those stats.  I agree he has little post season success, but if plays longer and esp if he does find more postseason success he’ll have a shot.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You put Sam Howell behind the Cowboys line and he’d have the 4 TDs and be eating turkey out of plastic tubs. 

Draft a LT, add a LG in free agency and move Leno to RT. Hope Stromberg can play C.

Lets see what Howell does after a year of experience and work some actual blocking.

Howell has bad coaching. A bad O line. A bad defense 

He has to play hero ball coming from behind. And he had everything on his plate in essentially his rookie season.

He was a baller through most of today. Feels like he’s a one man army. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, there’s nothing really wrong with that in a vacuum. 

The play calling was actually fairly balanced until the score for completely away from them.  

No other QB has more than 5 such games on the entire season.  His turnovers will come way down if he can just be asked to throw it at a normal volume. And he doesn't throw enough TDs to make up for it.

Edited by justice98

Just now, kingdaddy said:

I think you might be right..... Howell looks OK but is he as good a prospect as one of the top guys coming out? We also could trade with another team and get a good stash of picks if someone else wants to jump up and grab a QB. Tough call potentially for the new GM.

I still think you run it back with Howell one more year and try to build around him. If he doesn't get over the hump, then you go all in on the next draft at QB. Sam's problem sometimes -- at least it seems to me -- is he tries to do too much. Likely because the team's defense could lose to a top high school team.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PerryMason said:

Sorry but playing 1 extra game for 2 seasons since 2012 isnt the reason hes compiled those stats.  I agree he has little post season success, but if plays longer and esp if he does find more postseason success he’ll have a shot.

All the more reasons not to trade 1st rounders to move up for a QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

I know it means nothing in the grand scheme of things....

But how is that bucket/turkey leg not a penalty for excessive celebration?  I noticed one of Dallas' relievers doing Josh Norman's bow and arrow celebration for no flag either.

the bow and arrow thing is fine as long as it’s not directed towards another player (in which case it would be taunting) 

the turkey let thing is probably also fine. I watched Tyreek Hill grab a fan’s phone from the stands and do a backflip on Instagram live after scoring a TD last week lol, but before the game the refs warned him not to flash his signature peace sign at defenders while he runs away from them 

They’re way more concerned with “taunting” than celebrating now, they changed the rules on celebrations a while ago after being called the No Fun League for almost a decade 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Arizona would absolutely take QB. So would Chicago, New England, and New York. The Panthers don’t own that pick, the Bears do

Yep, my fault but I haven't seen anything definitive that the Bears are moving on from Fields and the same with AZ, a lot of things need to happen for us to get in that spot but the Bears and Giants both have 3 winnable games left. Based on today's strength of schedule we would win the tiebreaker with the Giants but our SOS will go up by season's end so we'll see.