Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

Just now, LetsBCooley said:

I actually like Romo because he's gives very good analysis, but Nance is a Nancy! The only problem I had with Romo today was him gobbling about how good a roster the Cowboys are to win the SB(at least 4 times he said it). It's just so foolish to proclaim that. Cowboys keep failing against the Eagles/49ers, and we know Dak constantly comes up short against the real good teams.

Romo gave great analysis, like actually, his very first year as a commentator when he was fresh out of the league. He talked too much and rambled and got excitable, but he was insightful, if a bit overrated because he could “predict” plays out of certain alignments, and fans liked his magic trick.

Then he got his HUGE contract right after that and never watched tape again, he’s awful now. Doesn’t do any research, doesn’t put in any time before the broadcast, and just spouts garbage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My mom who knows very little kept talking about how small, weak, and slow our guys look compared to Dallas.

The talent difference is just obvious.

Talent makes a difference, but I don't think our players are small. If you have the right coaching, there are Schemes to make the players better.

There is not one person who is untouchable on this team. We do not have a hall of famer in their prime. It will take at minimum 3 years to be legitimate contenders, if it even happens that quickly. In three years the guys who you think are untouchable now, will be in year 8-10 of their career. A smart group would gut this team, as a long term strategy.

1 minute ago, LetsBCooley said:

Talent makes a difference, but I don't think our players are small. If you have the right coaching, there are Schemes to make the players better.

The problem with our WRs is just like the one we have with our RBs: they are all the same type of player.  

You gotta diversify.  We have small-ish WRs that always have to make contested catches because they don't get a lot of separation.  And they all present a little bit smaller targets when we are in the redzone.   We need a few different types.  A tall, big boy would be welcome.

30 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

In Ron's presser the last question was about about Del Rio and EB getting into it on the sidelines, supposed J Allen and some other players were also involved.  I missed the first 3 quarters so I'm curious if they showed it on the broadcast and what happened.

Awesome. I totally called the second happening of Buddy vs Gilbride in the beginning of the season.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am torn from feeling that Ron well deserved to be fired to I don’t what Bieniemy and I think they have a good shot to lose out with Rivera at the helm  

Right it costs you nothing to wait and watch your draft get better and better….theoretically. No reason to make a move now. It doesn’t help you short or long term. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redwards said:

The problem with our WRs is just like the one we have with our RBs: they are all the same type of player.  

its a glaring weakness of this team and something I've been calling for the past couple of seasons. We need to release Pringle or Crowder and poach a taller WR, or two, from someones practice squad to see if they can help Sam down the road. Take some shots on youth these last 4-5 games. It's time to move on from older players and start auditioning younger ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Right it costs you nothing to wait and watch your draft get better and better….theoretically. No reason to make a move now. It doesn’t help you short or long term. 

Well, firing sends a message to the players and others that will be coming into the org that they mean business. It also may help with morale simply because it’s like pulling off the bandaid.

But I agree. Ultimately it doesn’t do a thing right now. Unless you have someone on staff you want to evaluate in a different role for research purposes… EB as HC, Kerrigan as DC, Tavita Prichard as OC, etc.

Just now, BleedBNG said:

Why do we line up in shot gun all the time when we only need 1 yard to get? It happens a lot. Kinda doesn’t make sense

A question a lot of fans are asking.

EB doesn’t wanna run it and no one really understands why but him 

• Thanks 1