Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Our guys have gotten burned plenty in man this year. You’ve got tons of snaps to evaluate for the DB’s. You can change anything you want these last 5 weeks but it isn’t going to remotely resemble getting a new defensive scheme to evaluate these guys in. Just doing more of one thing or another that they’ve already been getting beat in this year. There is no magic bullet 

I'm not saying there is a magic bullet, I'm saying fire JDR and bring in someone who will blitz more and ask the defense to play more aggressively. Hell, maybe someone has a career game because of it and he gains trade value? Start cutting vets and poaching practice squad players from other very good teams or promote your own guys so they can play under a different coach than JDR. Every game is an opportunity to learn about your future....

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

That non-PI call on that McLaurin deep ball is still pissing me off. It seems holding a WRs back arm on deep balls on what would be game changing plays is nothing more than frowned upon.

Meanwhile, JDRs defense has WRs wide open deep yet again. 

SHOOT. THE. GLASS.

image.gif.514f349d2d6e20df623393cd2aa8b8fa.gif

Just now, Andre The Giant said:

That’s a really stupid thing to say for an owner that has won 3 SBs. 

Really stupid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm not saying there is a magic bullet, I'm saying fire JDR and bring in someone who will blitz more and ask the defense to play more aggressively. Hell, maybe someone has a career game because of it and he gains trade value? Start cutting vets and poaching practice squad players from other very good teams or promote your own guys so they can play under a different coach than JDR. Every game is an opportunity to learn about your future....

I’m fine with all of that in principle, I’m just saying that you can’t install a new scheme in 6 weeks so what you’re going to get is just a higher instance of one look or another that we’ve already been getting beat in all season. We’ve played a ton of man on the outside. We haven’t blitzed much, I’ll give you that. Quan and Jamin would probably flash a bit more doing that, at least. But we’d just get burned differently. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

I’m fine with all of that on principle, I’m just saying that you can’t install a new scheme in 6 weeks so what you’re going to get is just a higher instance of one look or another that we’ve already been getting beat in all season. We’ve played a ton of man on the outside. We haven’t blitzed much, I’ll give you that. Quan and Jamin would probably flash a bit more doing that, at least. But we’d just get burned differently. 

Today we blitzed Dak and nearly caused a turnover but a Dallas WR caught the deflected ball over our db's. But the blitz was clearly effective and one of the few times Dak was rushed into a bad throw. We need someone to come in here and tell these guys "I don't care what happens moving forward, we're bringing pressure and living with the results". Look at what the NYG defense did to us with all of that pressure? Sam carves up the Eagles but can't carve up the NYG? The NYG defense sucks, they just have a much better d-coordinator. I agree we can't devise a new system in 5 weeks but we can call plays much more aggressively with a new play caller. That's all I'm really asking for. Kam Curl unleashed.....Jamin Davis unleashed....bring the fight to them over this zone coverage bull****. 

8 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

We know Josh Harris grew up in the DC area as a huge Skins fan.....let's hope he's pissed off right now about today's results and acts on it by canning JDR at a minimum. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What an absolute waste of 4 years, anyone that actually believes Rivera brought “respect” to this organization is just wrong, Cam Newton made him he’s nothing of a head coach without him and he was hardly one here…any other owner would have fired him after last year it was probably just known internally that Snyder was going to sell so he lucked out one more year as a nfl head coach.

If sale could;ve happened be approved in the spring; Ron would've been fired.

I see no reason anyone on staff is kept behind.  And while I like Sam, and I like Allen, Allen is about to be on his third contract and heading down hill possibly, Unless you intend to let him walk without compensation, a trade could be coming next year,a nd I'm okay with that.

You have to catch enough of your players when they are young and be successful or things get weird with cap space.   

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Most of the players drafted by this regime wouldn’t even be on most rosters in this league 

how can you tell when supposedly their coaches and schemes suck?

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’d be more comfortable trading Allen if Phidarian Mathis hadn’t exploded that first time he stepped on the field.

Mathis is more a Payne than an Allen

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

how can you tell when supposedly their coaches and schemes suck?

The coaches and schemes of this staff does suck, but they're also stubborn about their scheme and not tailoring it to the players strengths.  They don't make adjustments.  It's a combination of the coaches and the players

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1