Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

If we end up with the 3rd or 4th pick I think its bad news for Sam, I dont think Carolina or Az are picking QB which means our new GM gets to pick his guy and one of the top 2 QBs coming out of college.

I know people love Sam and our O line is poor but I think it will be hard to pass up for whoever is making that decision. 

Carolina traded their pick to the Bears. Bears likely do pick a QB. So do the Giants. I think AZ does as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I think you might be right..... Howell looks OK but is he as good a prospect as one of the top guys coming out? We also could trade with another team and get a good stash of picks if someone else wants to jump up and grab a QB. Tough call potentially for the new GM.

Actually, I think if we decide to get a qb and not go with Sam; think that the coach will have a big say. The gm would make the ultimate decision but, if the gm and coach aren't in  sync over qb; that will lead to problems eventually.  Whether we build with Sam or go elsewhere; that's up to the new regime.  Sam needs to play as best as he can with our ****ty team for his own future sake. Whether that's with us or with another team.

3 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

1994. Those wonderful Norv years 😴

Back then Cards were in division. So, we went 0-8 in the division in Norv's first year.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Miami will drop 70 on us. San Francisco will have  a game similiar to DAllas today.   The Dallas backups in the finale could well repeat today's performance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This team has Quit 

You are correct.  They quit on this coaching staff. Not surprising, but stands to reason.

It's finished, and the ownership has made that determination.  Yeah,it sucks to be humiliated like this, but this coaching staff has made their bed.

New ownership, New beginning,  new team in 2024. Personally, I'm excited for the future. Hence why I don't give a flying **** about this season.

I will continue to give RR credit for weathering the Snyder hurricane regardless of what others say, but I've realized RR cannot take us to the next level

So time to make changes at the seasons end. 

HTTR!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

A late(r)-season turnaround by the D isn't coming the way it did during the previous 3 years of Rivera; the D is now a joke, as are our chances of making the playoffs. That being the case, the remainder of this season will be about Howell to me. He continues to do a lot right, and I liked the improvement he showed in hitting his outlets when they were there. But there's still something missing. He keeps on resorting to escaping to his right (which has worked out at times, but not always), and he still misses open guys at times: there was a play when McLaurin was wide open in the middle of the field for what would've been a 1st down, but Howell didn't see him.

1 hour ago, TheItalianStallion said:

A late(r)-season turnaround by the D isn't coming the way it did during the previous 3 years of Rivera; the D is now a joke, as are our chances of making the playoffs. That being the case, the remainder of this season will be about Howell to me. He continues to do a lot right, and I liked the improvement he showed in hitting his outlets when they were there. But there's still something missing. He keeps on resorting to escaping to his right (which has worked out at times, but not always), and he still misses open guys at times: there was a play when McLaurin was wide open in the middle of the field for what would've been a 1st down, but Howell didn't see him.

If you’re referencing the play I think you are, McLaurin was coming across the middle and Howell did see him but pressure was coming towards his spot so he had to step up prior to throwing and as he stepped up he got sacked. If he threw without moving the ball sails/he fumbles. 

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

Carolina traded their pick to the Bears. Bears likely do pick a QB. So do the Giants. I think AZ does as well.

Agree.

Yeah except for an occasional mock that highlights that Marvin Harrison is so good that he will leapfrog one of these QBs -- there is no indication that Caleb and Maye aren't going 1 and 2.

I was listening to a Bears insider who said asking his sources with the team, heck yeah they'd take a QB if picking 1 and 2.  The Cards I hear mostly the same thing.  I think in both cases they have to be careful to telegraph it now considering if they don't pick top 2 they might be stuck with what they have.

But I'd guess right now 95% chance or so whatever teams land 1 and 2, they will take Caleb and Maye and won't trade back.  That's what happens when bad teams can draft potentially elite QBs, they take them, and don't put the picks up for sale. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Miami will drop 70 on us. San Francisco will have  a game similiar to DAllas today.   The Dallas backups in the finale could well repeat today's performance.

I don't think Dallas will play backups against us in the last game,  they did it last year and lost some rhythm in the play-offs 

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

NFL historically bad defense confirmed.  

4 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Yeah the thing that's not right is our historically bad Offensive line against a sack monster attacking D like the Cowgirls and that's the result you are going to get.   Honestly,  Howell cannot be properly evaluated with this ****ty line.   

Howell is praying for this **** show to be over. He is being used as pinata for a coaching staff that doesn't belong in the NFL and all he wants is a new beginning.....feel bad for the dude. Someone send that young man a medium rare A-5 Wagyu ribeye seared and buttered to 131 degrees.

• Like 1

By the way, Carolina has exhibited why trading up is usually a really bad idea. They traded their first, which could have been Marvin Harrison to pair with Bryce Young, for a QB who is struggling and doesn’t show much in the way of promise. Rough.

Meanwhile, Chicago is demonstrating why you trade back.

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 2

11 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

and he still misses open guys at times: there was a play when McLaurin was wide open in the middle of the field for what would've been a 1st down, but Howell didn't see him.

I don’t know the play you’re talking about but from the way you describe it, I’d say if that is probably not on Sam. Quarterbacks aren’t supposed to see every open receiver. They have a progression of where they are looking and if that’s not the spot he was supposed to be looking at, it’s not his problem.

• Thumb up 2