Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

5 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Ok, that's enough punishment for the day. Im gonna (in no particular order) eat some pie and do some illegal stuff! Happy Thanksgiving ES!! 

can’t believe you choose Thanksgiving to commit tax fraud, wow 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

“Going to evaluate and get it corrected”

when ? LMAO been saying this crap for 4 years 🤣

Is that Ron?  I get the stock presser responses, and I'm no psychologist, but his last couple times behind the mic seem reeeeeeeeally "**** it I'm done".  

Sucks really.  I never had less disdain for a coach I wanted gone.  Love Ron for some reason.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This was the only game left on the schedule that I could stomach a win.  I will be furious if they muster one down the line.  

Don’t worry it ain’t happening as long as RR is still the HC….this team has clearly given up (specially on D) I can see what most ppl think is the only game we have a chance to win and that’s the Rams… they’ll win by 10 imho… and the Jets (whoever their QB will be then) he’ll look like Brady 2.0…. 

15 minutes ago, Redwards said:

You feel that way, fine.

But I'm gonna trust the new GM.  If there's a dude sitting there that the GM loves, and that GM is not enamoured with Sam Howell, I have zero problem taking the QB.  There will ALWAYS be O linemen to find.  You cannot say the same about franchise QB prospects.   We may not be picking that high again, and you get an O line, but then don't have the answer at QB.  You've got a good but not good enough QB to get you to mid-draft level.  Meaning you have to trade the farm to go get one.

QB is too difficult a position to find.  O lineman are not.  If the new GM loves what is attainable and isn't sold on Sam, I have zero problem with it.  Again, sit him a year if you're that concerned with keeping him healthy.  It isn't like bad teams of the past that ended up with a franchise QB only selected that QB when they had great protection.  You take them when they are there IF you love them.  

Whatever the next GM wants to do is just fine with me.

If the GM to decided to draft a QB instead of shore up the line somehow and I’m not going to be a believer in the GM. It’s painfully obvious how bad our OL is. 

If they somehow get quality pieces via trades leading up to the draft, sure, I’m open to whatever. I don’t see how but hey, who knows.

• Like 3

I predicted this to a tee in the prediction thread, where I said that the team would keep it close with the Cowboys, and then the damn would break in the 2nd half, and we lose 48-14.  I was so close to the original score, DAMN!!

I hope I’m right about my other prediction, that Ron Rivera and JDR have coached their last game here in DC.  Come on Josh, make me 2-2!!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I don’t really agree with you , what makes Caleb Williams a diva??

we have 90 mil in cap and also 4 good picks if we did go Caleb or Mayes . 

There aren’t any FA linemen of note. 

Williams is a diva because he is. Listen to the things he’s said and done. He doesn’t handle criticism well.

He may wind up being lights out, he has the skills to be, but the diva stuff usually doesn’t end well in the locker rooms.

I’d rather trade back, grab an OL and then if they really want grab a Michael Penix type in the draft than sit at a top 3 pick and take Williams. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

tons of reports from their beat writers that they’re prepared to move on if they’re in position for the top two guys. 

anything could happen, of course, I’ll be rooting for every single bad team in the league to win every week (except us) 

We are so bad right now, this team could very well end up 4-13. The teams with worse records right now don't have the talent this team has. This season really has been a good deal about how bad the coaching has been.

Man, you know your franchise is scraping the bottom of the barrel when your post game live show is being done from an exit ramp at Dallas stadium. Not on news desk, three guys standing iat the corner of an exit ramp talking about the game. This is pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Thats why I think it will be tough, is a new GM willing to take on the risk of passing on a blue chipper for Sam, not an easy decision for anyone.

I know Sam is solid and could be a good NFL starter but some of this will be about business and ego.

Bears have two of the top 3 picks....we could trade up with them and get into even better QB position if they want to move back and pick up an extra 1st next year. In other words, one of the top 2 QB's on the board is starting to come into view if we want to pay the price.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

Yep.  Thats all i want is one win on thanksgiving once every 3 or 4 years.  

Then why bring up Synder winning a Thanksgiving game.  Who gives a ****.

They hired an analytics guy and made moves that the team never made in synders tenure.  Does that mean they'll be amazing?  No.  But hardly just buying beers and having parties.  

2 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I honestly couldn't care less if they fired everyone tonight or waited until after the season's over. All the coaches (except Bieniemy?) will be gone before next season.

I can’t see anyone staying. The next HC will likely be an offensive minded coach and he won’t want to retain EB.

Neither do I. His play calling in short yardage and general run game design are awful. We also have some weird spacing on routes in the passing game. He’s just not the answer as an OC.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Is that Ron?  I get the stock presser responses, and I'm no psychologist, but his last couple times behind the mic seem reeeeeeeeally "**** it I'm done".  

Sucks really.  I never had less disdain for a coach I wanted gone.  Love Ron for some reason.

Yes.  It’s like a broken record. Very political post game. No emotion, no blame, just cookie cutter responses.   

tired of the “we will watch the tape and get it corrected “   If that is his one job , then he has failed miserably 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, London Kev said:

I honestly couldn't care less if they fired everyone tonight or waited until after the season's over. All the coaches (except Bieniemy?) will be gone before next season.

And honestly why should he be the only 1 returning? Howell success? Howell would have had success under Turner… I don’t remember the last time I saw (on multiple occasions today) where 2 players were in the same area, a player in motion (Dotson) running into BRob on a 4th and 1 pretty much making the tackle himself, and the lack of a OL scheme and running game, yet another game a RB held under 100yds… EB hasn’t done anything imho to merit him staying 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I can't remember last time I had to tune them out like that to not interfere with me spending time with my family like that.

They didn't deserve the time of day today...i don't know what Harris has left to evaluate...everyone is going to tune everyone out officially now, fire or don't fire, the Titanic finally snapped in half on its way down tonight...

6 minutes ago, LetsBCooley said:

We are so bad right now, this team could very well end up 4-13. The teams with worse records right now don't have the talent this team has. This season really has been a good deal about how bad the coaching has been.

the coaching is potentially league-worst or close to it, but also this roster probably isn’t as talented as whatever you’re thinking. imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There’s literally trash dumpsters, rolling by behind Brian Mitchell, D

hall, and the other guy as a doing post game live. It’s like a war zone. The franchise has  completely given up on anything respectable for the rest of the year, so let’s go ahead and get rid of that dumbass coach too

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I can’t see anyone staying. The next HC will likely be an offensive minded coach and he won’t want to retain EB.

Neither do I. His play calling in short yardage and general run game design are awful. We also have some weird spacing on routes in the passing game. He’s just not the answer as an OC.

Yeah, the direction of the NFL is these young offensive gurus that better relate to today's NFL players...

Bieniemy isn't a dinosaur by age standards, but way he has to be defended for how he talks to players he might as well be.

All you mentioned on his scheming is icing on the cake in the big picture.

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

We all knew it was going to end this way. On another note, I can't stand listening to Jim Nantz and Tony Romo. They have to be the most boring announcing team ever.

I call him Jim Nonce. It sounds like I’m just saying his name in a British accent, but I mean it in a mean way