Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

My understanding is Quinn has already had one virtual meeting and one in-person interview for a total of 2 completed interviews to date.

He's apparently scheduled for a second in-person interview early next week which will also be his 3rd total interview.

10 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

So, reading the original Rappaport tweet, which says:

Could be Standig having some confusion, "second in-person" vs "second, in-person", or they're scheduling a 3rd meeting before a 2nd has even occurred.  Seems like confusion.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

13 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Could be Standig having some confusion, "second in-person" vs "second, in-person", or they're scheduling a 3rd meeting before a 2nd has even occurred.  Seems like confusion.

Who's on first?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Can’t be any other result at this stage can it. Nothing else will wash IMO.

I'd be stoked w/ Slowik too.

Quinn is like 5th or 6th on my list. Hopefully Seattle locks him in the back room and won't take no for an answer.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Johnson or Slowik for me. 

I have also said Slowik/Williams was my preference over the Johnson/Maye crowd.

but it doesn’t appear to be heading that way and therefore it won’t wash with the masses.

Wow, I didn't see Atlanta going with Morris. If I were them I'd have gone with an offensive guy but he must have blown them away.

I really like Morris as a coach and leader.

Poor Billy B, no place to go...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

He didnt turn down the interview with Blank like he did with Tepper. 

Talking about seeing what has transpired with Blank since he interviewed the first time plus I believe he interviews with us first and we are flying out to him.  I don't know if Blank is or not.  We are going to lock Ben up.  :)  

Just now, DWinzit said:

Wow, I didn't see Atlanta going with Morris. If I were them I'd have gone with an offensive guy but he must have blown them away.

I really like Morris as a coach and leader.

Poor Billy B, no place to go...

Retirement would be nice for BB

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Heard on 106.7 a few minutes ago that we recently setup another interview with Quinn early next week.

THIS WILL BE QUINN'S THIRD INTERVIEW.

No one gets a 3rd interview unless you are seriously considering hiring him.

I had my heart set on Johnson and he may still be out 1st choice and we're just covering our behinds with Quinn but if our brain trust goes for Quinn I'm good with it.

I just wonder who our OC would be?

P.S.

Hmm, if Quinn comes might we have a shot at Micah Parsons if Dallas doesn't resign or franchise him?

I wonder if we’re doing it to try and figure out Dallas’s defense?  Alternatively we may be doing it to put more pressure on Ben Johnson if this is a gig he really wants.  Just the skeptic in me talking.

• Like 1

So ... there's now just two spots left?

Us and Seattle?

So interesting. I know there are a lot of candidates out there, but I am shocked we filled all of these for the most part and you've still go Quinn, Slowik, Johnson, McDaniel, Vrabel out there ...

Is there a chance we hire Ben Johnson and get someone like Vrabel to come be the DC? That's gotta be unlikely right? He wouldn't come agree to DC this atrocious defensive mess?

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Falcons are morons. It also leaves Rams with open DC spot along with Dolphins.  We might not get a premium guy unless Veabel is willing to take a step down. 

If Canales doesn't retain Evero, then that would be my target.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So ... there's now just two spots left?

Us and Seattle?

So interesting. I know there are a lot of candidates out there, but I am shocked we filled all of these for the most part and you've still go Quinn, Slowik, Johnson, Vrabel out there ...

Is there a chance we hire Ben Johnson and get someone like Vrabel to come be the DC? That's gotta be unlikely right? He wouldn't come agree to DC this atrocious defensive mess?

I’d say anything is possible, but Vrabel could wait assuming he’s still collecting a check. However, what you suggest would be my dream scenario: Ben Johnson and DC Vrabel

Whille I liked what I've read abut Ben Johnson's leadership skills-charisma compared to Slowik.    I don't get the vibe he matches Quinn on that front.  So am a little worried. :ols:

I get the idea that its not all about play calling.  Keim mentioned talking to people around the league some coordinators are liked but not seen as HCs.  I get that. 

So I am not in the camp that play calling is everything.  You can be a good playcaller and suck as a HC.  And you can be a nonplay caller and be a good HC.

But I am in the camp of splitting it in the middle.  And that's how Ben Johnson feels to me.  Plus I do favor offense over defense.   And I do favor a coach on their first act over the 2nd act.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Standig's "third interview" does also appear to be at odds with Breer's tweet from Monday.

• Like 1