Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.


Koolblue13

Recommended Posts

We have a couple threads about firing Ron and one about Harris in particular, but with the hiring of Eugene Shen I think we may start seeing more moves happen. I figure a thread dedicated to our rebuild would be good. It's clear that RonMart is going to be cleared out at seasons end at the latest, so time to look forward.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/26/commanders-analytics-eugene-shen/

 

A hallmark of Josh Harris’s sports ownership has been his investment in sports science and analytics, using advanced treatments and data to try to give his teams advantages, no matter how small.

“Wherever we can create an edge — if we can make our players feel better, if we can accommodate their lives a little bit better, if we can set up for training better — we’re going to look at all that stuff,” he said in July. “... It takes time, and it takes investment.”

 

The hire, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter, was a months-long process that began during training camp, shortly after Harris finalized his $6.05 billion purchase of the Commanders. The final decision, that person said, was discussed and reviewed across football operations, business operations and ownership, and all were aligned.

 

Drewry will remain on the headset during games, and he and Biro, along with director of football solutions Seenu Tulluri and football solutions developer Gayatri Nambiar, will report to Shen.

 

more at link

 

GM- Adam Peters

HC- Quinn
OC- KK

DC- Joe Whitt jr

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

The analytics will tell you that 160lb corners don't work out in the NFL. Dinosaur Ron is slowly being pushed out. 

 

lol, that's likely so.  Ditto stacking your salary and draft picks to defense in an offense dominated league. Ditto squandering time outs and not knowing how to use the game clock.

 

The last thing Ron needed is a Harvard educated mathametician giving Harris his take about the current operation.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

lol, that's likely so.  Ditto stacking your salary and draft picks to defense in an offense dominated league. Ditto squandering time outs and not knowing how to use the game clock.

 

The last thing Ron needed is a Harvard educated mathametician giving Harris his take about the current operation.

I reckon Harris can work that all out for himself to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

 

Ironically, his issues aren't size-related, they're ability-related.

 

He's dead last against the run among corners.  Finlay mentioned that its in the soup about what bothers this regime about his start so far.  His size matched to the run game was one of the potential red flags before the season started.

 

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I reckon Harris can work that all out for himself to be honest.

 

Am sure.  Ron's coaching career looks dead as doornail.  But this hire certainly won't help any of his very long shot dreams of being here next year. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

He's dead last against the run among corners.  Finlay mentioned that its in the soup about what bothers this regime about his start so far.  His size matched to the run game was one of the potential red flags before the season started.

 

I was thinking about his skills as a DB, which are pretty bad at this point, regardless his size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

 

I was thinking about his skills as a DB, which are pretty bad at this point, regardless his size.

 

Agree it been bad all the way around but his size has also been in the mix of the narrative.  I recall an anayltics guy saying Forbes succeeding as a pro would be a total unicorn at that weight.  Will see but so far that's played out as part of the narrative.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Am sure.  Ron's coaching career looks dead as doornail.  But this hire certainly won't help any of his very long shot dreams of being here next year. 

Ron will 100% know he’s done here already. Same for Mayhew and the others. They are simply seeing out time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Ron will 100% know he’s done here already. Same for Mayhew and the others. They are simply seeing out time. 

 

I get the vibe from listening to Keim explain that Ron's outward sell is similar to what he heard he's doing in that building that Ron might think he has a fighting chance.  Even though I agree he does not.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I get the vibe from listening to Keim explain that Ron's outward sell is similar to what he heard he's doing in that building that Ron might think he has a fighting chance.  Even though I agree he does not.

Maybe a wild chance he gets like an advisory role, or ambassador type role. No idea in what capacity. Maybe he just gets kicked out. Perhaps a short period of goodwill exists from Harris. Maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Maybe a wild chance he gets like an advisory role, or ambassador type role. No idea in what capacity. Maybe he just gets kicked out. Perhaps a short period of goodwill exists from Harris. Maybe.

"Coach Rivera and his entire staff have done magnificent work over the past 4 years and have been at the forefront of this organizations successes. However; I believe it is time for a change as we move forward within the Commanders organization, Im confident that wherever coach Rivera lands he will be successful and a tremendous asset to that organization".

  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Maybe a wild chance he gets like an advisory role, or ambassador type role. No idea in what capacity. Maybe he just gets kicked out. Perhaps a short period of goodwill exists from Harris. Maybe.

 

I doubt he gets any role.  I can see though Ron being delusional maybe right to the end because he's come off plenty delusional for quite some time this off season.

 

Keim suggesting he (this regime) is shocked by the season start because they thought they built in their minds a really good roster -- so with that in mind maybe they expect things to turn around?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

"Coach Rivera and his entire staff have done magnificent work over the past 4 years and have been at the forefront of this organizations successes. However; I believe it is time for a change as we move forward within the Commanders organization, Im confident that wherever coach Rivera lands he will be successful and a tremendous asset to that organization".

Well, I think I should point out first, Brian, in all fairness, that we are not in fact the rescue committee. However, I have been asked to read the following prepared statement on behalf of the Movement. Uh, 'We, the People's Front of Judea, brackets, officials, end brackets, do hereby convey our sincere fraternal and sisterly greetings to you, Brian, on this, the occasion of your martyrdom.'

 

Your death will stand as a landmark in the continuing struggle to liberate the parent land from the hands of the Roman Imperialist aggressors, excluding those concerned with drainage, medicine, roads, housing, education, viniculture, and any other Romans contributing to the welfare of Jews of both sexes and hermaphrodites. Signed on behalf of the P.F.J., etcetera.' And I'd just like to add, on a personal note, my own admiration for what you are doing for us, Brian, at what must be, after all, for you, a very difficult time.

 

singing For he's a jolly good fellow! For he's a jolly good fellow! For he's a jolly good fellow! And so say all of us!

 

(This is all I could think of when I read your "prepared statement")

 

 

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An analytics-focused advisor can immediately give ownership recommendations on roster decisions like trading pending FAs vs. re-signing them & can also give perspective on adequate trade value.

 

This is a potentially big move. Ideally you want a "football guy" in the GM seat making these decisions, but in the absence of that given the RonMart set up, Shen can recommend trading Sweat as an example to Harris, who can give the mandate to RonMart.

 

This is potentially an integral part of becoming deadline sellers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

 

I was thinking about his skills as a DB, which are pretty bad at this point, regardless his size.

That's what triggers me more than anything. He doesn't look smooth at all attacking the ball. He just awkwardly flails at it. I was expecting someone like Deangelo Hall who just looked like another WR attacking the ball. 

 

 

Regarding the topic, I can't wait to see who Harris hires. I think you're gonna see a massive influx of intellect and analytical acumen. No more dinosaurs like the Marties. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...