Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

It's hard for me to look back at all the times I supported Ron. I am ready for a Josh clean sweep! 

Ditto. However, I always caveated it with he was the best we could hire here. We are now a viable option for the best candidates. I'd love to see Ben Johnson or Kevin Smith here.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This morning I'd have said no way are we trading anyone, but now that there is a new boss on the head sets and someone who supposedly reports to Ron, while also being a direct line to Harris, I think maybe some things do happen.

This is a great hire. The guys brilliant.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's why I started the thread. The little snow ball has left the mountain top and is beginning to grow as it rolls. I wouldn't be surprised to see more hires coming in.

We can build our FO around the GM/HC, so the new GM can step into a well run machine and that should be pretty attractive in the hiring process. 

Exciting time to be a fan of this franchise. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stihl89 said:

Just lol

Chris Russell is the Ron Rivera of sports radio--he clearly doesn't understand any of the modern game and just gets angry at it, like an old man, trying to return soup to a deli.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's why I started the thread. The little snow ball has left the mountain top and is beginning to grow as it rolls. I wouldn't be surprised to see more hires coming in.

We can build our FO around the GM/HC, so the new GM can step into a well run machine and that should be pretty attractive in the hiring process. 

Exciting time to be a fan of this franchise. 

Both the Nationals and Commanders have been the slowest teams in their respective leagues to adopt analytics and the available technologies and then turn around and make excellent hires to rectify that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Both the Nationals and Commanders have been the slowest teams in their respective leagues to adopt analytics and the available technologies and then turn around and make excellent hires to rectify that.

Yep. But in fairness to the Nats, they at least had Mike Rizzo running things and the guy knows the game of baseball as well as anyone. That can sort of make up for analytics. We've never had anyone like that for the Commanders, so the lack of analytic approach REALLY hurt.

2 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Just lol

Is Shen's job gameday analytics or more of a team/roster building analytics? 

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yep. But in fairness to the Nats, they at least had Mike Rizzo running things and the guy knows the game of baseball as well as anyone. That can sort of make up for analytics. We've never had anyone like that for the Commanders, so the lack of analytic approach REALLY hurt.

And anyone they did have: McVay, Shanahan, etc., they ran out of the building because of hurt feelings.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

And anyone they did have: McVay, Shanahan, etc., they ran out of the building because of hurt feelings.

Wait are you saying that you think that the head coaches in the league, (Shanahan, McVay, LaFleur, McDaniel, O'Connell) , left because of hurt feelings?