Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

BB is washed. Hardest of passes.

BB   should retire.  If he coaches beyond 23, it's only so he can break the total wins record.  Tom Brady covered up alot of BB's poor drafting. Once Tom was gone, you saw how bad BB was as gm. You definitely don't want him as gm and that's what he probably will still insist.

An owner that hires him would be hiring him, #1 to sell tickets.  See, I just hired the coach who won 6 Superbowls. I can see several owners doing that. Panthers, Raiders, Buccaneers and maybe even Chargers.  I hope Josh doesn't have that have that same mentality.  If Dan was still the owner, this would be a move he would make.  

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

BB   should retire.  If he coaches beyond 23, it's only so he can break the total wins record.  Tom Brady covered up alot of BB's poor drafting. Once Tom was gone, you saw how bad BB was as gm. You definitely don't want him as gm and that's what he probably will still insist.

An owner that hires him would be hiring him, #1 to sell tickets.  See, I just hired the coach who won 6 Superbowls. I can see several owners doing that. Panthers, Raiders, Buccaneers and maybe even Chargers.  I hope Josh doesn't have that have that same mentality.  If Dan was still the owner, this would be a move he would make.  

And on top of all of your points, BB is the same HC who went with no offensive coordinator for a long time with a very young starting QB. Doesn't sound like a very good plan. I hate BB and want no part of him. Will never forget when he ran up the score on Joe Gibbs during Gibbs II....I'm loving him getting his ass kicked every week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

And on top of all of your points, BB is the same HC who went with no offensive coordinator for a long time with a very young starting QB. Doesn't sound like a very good plan. I hate BB and want no part of him. Will never forget when he ran up the score on Joe Gibbs during Gibbs II....I'm loving him getting his ass kicked every week. 

What he did last year with Mac Jones was criminal. That alone should discourage someone from hiring him but owners are desperate.

I think he would ruin Herbert. Better Harbaugh or a top oc go there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We've talked about him on other threads over the years.  In theory, he wouldn't be my top want.   But he'd be in the mix.  As much as i like anayltics, I am a little hesitant for the guy in charge majoring in anayltics and not scouting.  I recalled one article about how he'd be an unconventional choice because usually the anayltics guys isn't in charge but instead a complement to the GM.  If he were in charge I believe he'd be the first anayltics guy as the actual GM?  I wouldn't oppose it, but it feels a bit of a roll of the dice.  But I wouldn't be opposed to it either.  

Granted Roseman didn't major in scouting but runs that team.  So did Bruce Allen though and he sucked.  I guess for me depends on how he'd interview.  And alas we wouldn't be privy to that.

For me, personally, it would be an argument for him and not against him. To me, the primary role of a general manager is to manage people and departments and not micro-manage. If you don't have a personal background in scouting, you will probably be less prone to your own biases when watching film and rely more heavily on the input you get from your team (which in theory should lead to a more nuanced discussion). Now the same is obviously true for the other direction. You might lean more heavily towards your own background which in that case would be analytics. But since the goal of analytics is primarily to work with objective data in order to detect patterns and as a consequence exploit market opportunities, I think a bias in that regard is considerably less problematic than in the other direction. I would also assume that coming from an unconventional background will help a team to keep an eye for the unconventional (or looking for the next edge as he himself calls it).

I think Halaby is way closer to Roseman than to Bruce Allen, whose father was a coach and a front office member and his brother is a politician. I don't think that is comparable to a person who came with no pedigree, started as an intern and grinded his way upwards solely with good work.

I can absolutely understand why some would opt for something else but to me, it would be a brave move and inspire confidence that our new ownership is willing to try something new and push for new horizons rather than choosing the "safe option". It would be the complete opposite of hiring e.g. Bill Belichik which I think would probably be one of the hires I would hate the most. Nothing against him, he is one of the greates to ever do it, but I don't think he is fit for building an NFL roster in the modern NFL and on top of that it would feel like same old, same old.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Panninho said:

For me, personally, it would be an argument for him and not against him. To me, the primary role of a general manager is to manage people and departments and not micro-manage. If you don't have a personal background in scouting, you will probably be less prone to your own biases when watching film and rely more heavily on the input you get from your team (which in theory should lead to a more nuanced discussion). Now the same is obviously true for the other direction. You might lean more heavily towards your own background which in that case would be analytics. But since the goal of analytics is primarily to work with objective data in order to detect patterns and as a consequence exploit market opportunities, I think a bias in that regard is considerably less problematic than in the other direction. I would also assume that coming from an unconventional background will help a team to keep an eye for the unconventional (or looking for the next edge as he himself calls it).

I think Halaby is way closer to Roseman than to Bruce Allen, whose father was a coach and a front office member and his brother is a politician. I don't think that is comparable to a person who came with no pedigree, started as an intern and grinded his way upwards solely with good work.

I can absolutely understand why some would opt for something else but to me, it would be a brave move and inspire confidence that our new ownership is willing to try something new and push for new horizons rather than choosing the "safe option". It would be the complete opposite of hiring e.g. Bill Belichik which I think would probably be one of the hires I would hate the most. Nothing against him, he is one of the greates to ever do it, but I don't think he is fit for building an NFL roster in the modern NFL and on top of that it would feel like same old, same old.

I work in political campaigns.   And I've done a bit of everything, paid communications, polling, phone banking. If someone put me in charge, which happens from time to time, having that holistic experience helps me see the big picture and I can evaluate everyone else's job because I've done it.  I've seen from time to time, that someone with a single focus speciality is put in charge.  Lets say a pollser.  It's more of a risk because they see things from mostly that one lense. 

The metahpor if you work with a hammer than everything looks like a hammer. From what I've observed, its either a colosssal hit in those cases or a major failure.   Not saying that's the case here but we all idenitify patterns from our own experience and that's mine.

That's why i mentioned from my point of view the interview is key.   Personality and drive can overcome holistic type of experience in a field.  Bruce Allen IMO is a money guy.  But he was poor at running a team because from what I gathered his ego.  He wanted to be seen as an evaulator too.  He was according to some an obnoxious negotiator who let emotions impinge on contracts among other things.  Putting a non scout in charge of a position that is scouting driven was a disaster IMO.

Roseman on the other hand had his ups and downs.  But he learned from his experiences and grew from them versus doubled down on the patterns that failed him initially.  As a dude his personality and drive are clearly special.  As much as I like anayltics, and have taken some heat for it in other threads -- I still do not think anayltics is the primary way to evaluate.  It's the Robin-not the Batman.

For me Halaby would be an interesting choice for Harris in particular for better or worse because Harris' fans and critics focus on anayltics.  His fans likes that he uses it as a tool.  His critics think his GM is too much an analytics guy and that's why the 76ers haven't reached the pinnacle.  Personally, I don't know.  I follow the Yankees and the story about their demise by some who cover them is over reliance on anayltics.  

So is short, if we are became the first team in the NFL run by an anayltics guy -- then to me Halaby's personality-drive-ability to listen and work to others would be key for me.  And I got no idea how he would fare on that front.    So to me it would be all about the interview and background check.  Because I know I definitely don't want anayltics to trump traditional scouting. 

EB is going to get his shot to take over this team and I think he gets a chance this year as interim coach.  The offense has not lacked fire and intensity this year.  EB has produced and he's intense and precise.

Magic LOVES winners and EB has won Super Bowls.  Magic LOVES production and execution.  I guarantee EB will get Magic's endorsement.  If EB can prove to bring in a good staff then it is a no-brainer to me.  I would let EB call the offense as usual but having him be the voice of the team could take this team to a new level.

Just a waiting game....EB is our guy.

25 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Feels like such a Snyder move trading for an old HC that can’t GM.

Yeah it would be dissappointing to me.  The one thing that reassures me is Keim scoffed that this is what's going on with Sheehan the other day.  Coming off like I don't think so.

13 minutes ago, Dexter said:

EB is going to get his shot to take over this team and I think he gets a chance this year as interim coach.  The offense has not lacked fire and intensity this year.  EB has produced and he's intense and precise.

Magic LOVES winners and EB has won Super Bowls.  Magic LOVES production and execution.  I guarantee EB will get Magic's endorsement.  If EB can prove to bring in a good staff then it is a no-brainer to me.  I would let EB call the offense as usual but having him be the voice of the team could take this team to a new level.

Just a waiting game....EB is our guy.

To each their own but that would be the other one I am rooting against.

No Belichick no EB. Please...:ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah it would be dissappointing to me.  The one thing that reassures me is Keim scoffed that this is what's going on with Sheehan the other day.  Coming off like I don't think so.

I may only do it if he has zero personnel control and he brings McDaniels with him as OC. At least we know Bill can run a good defense without needing a ton of resources

Edited by method man

3 minutes ago, method man said:

I may only do it if he has zero personnel control and he brings McDaniels with him as OC

I would dislike it but not hate it if it happened where he had no personnel control.  For sure I wouldn't want him with personnel control.

Under Dan we've mostly been going with older coaches especially ones on their 2nd ride.  They don't seem to have that hunger that second time.  I've heard some players for example talk about Shanny in that regard -- that he wasn't the same here the way he was in Denver.  Not driven that same way.

I'd love to get that young version of Joe Gibbs.  Roll the dice.

Some say wasn't Jay that type of roll of the dice.  I don't think so.  Jay wasn't billed as this killer coaching prospect at the time.  

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would dislike it but not hate it if it happened where he had no personnel control.  For sure I wouldn't want him with personnel control.

Under Dan we've mostly been going with older coaches especially ones on their 2nd ride.  They don't seem to have that hunger that second time.  I've heard some players for example talk about Shanny in that regard -- that he wasn't the same here the way he was in Denver.  Not driven that same way.

I'd love to get that young version of Joe Gibbs.  Roll the dice.

Some say wasn't Jay that type of roll of the dice.  I don't think so.  Jay wasn't billed as this killer coaching prospect at the time.  

I am with you. I’d rather take Ben Johnson any day over BB. The other thing with BB is I think he would bring a strong coaching staff with him but there is no successor I would take out of that group - at his age, he has a few years left in him max

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To each their own but that would be the other one I am rooting against.

No Belichick no EB. Please...:ols:

yeah my sentiments exactly and to take a bit further  (and I'll get destroyed for saying this) but I think Turner could have done the same  w/Howell that we are seeing w/EB and we'd probably have a better rushing attack too.....I don't want EB as HC either 

7 minutes ago, method man said:

I am with you. I’d rather take Ben Johnson any day over BB. The other thing with BB is I think he would bring a strong coaching staff with him but there is no successor I would take out of that group - at his age, he has a few years left in him max

I don't think Belichick would be a disaster.   He works hard is stll a good defensive mind and i presume he would be driven to show he's not all about success with just Brady.

But i also think the "Patriot Way" is archiac.   The tough guy, no frills approach is boring -- and if you win boring is fine but if you don't win we already got a boring dude running the show who doesn't win.

If you want to win the fan base back,  nothing worse if the idea is to both lose and be boring doing it.  Bruce started that path with Dan and we haven't escaped that dungeon, yet.

The Patriots are not just bad but they are boring IMO.

Get a young up and coming coordinator, bring some innovation.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think Belichick would be a disaster.   He works hard is stll a good defensive mind and i presume he would be driven to show he's not all about success with just Brady.

But i also think the "Patriot Way" is archiac.   The tough guy, no frills approach is boring -- and if you win boring is fine but if you don't win we already got a boring dude running the show who doesn't win.

If you want to win the fan base back,  nothing worse if the idea is to both lose and be boring doing it.  Bruce started that path with Dan and we haven't escaped that dungeon, yet.

The Patriots are not just bad but they are boring IMO.

Get a young up and coming coordinator, bring some innovation.  

I think the Patriot Way works only if BB is at the head of the table and, even then, it is starting to break down. Public tiffs with Mac Jones and guys like Jack Jones and JC Jackson being undisciplined show that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, method man said:

I think the Patriot Way works only if BB is at the head of the table and, even then, it is starting to break down. Public tiffs with Mac Jones and guys like Jack Jones and JC Jackson being undisciplined show that

Patriot coaches have generally struggled elsewhere.  The "Patriot Way" isn't hot for locker room morale apparently among other things.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Here's Albert Breer's take on Dan Patrick show - he claims most talked about with BB is Commanders and Dallas.

There's a connection between Harris and Pats owner who both went to Harvard business school.

I watched it prevously.

I like Breer.  But I like Keim even more.  Both Ohio State guys.  I liked that Keim scoffed at the idea the other day, coming off like he seriously doubts it. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched it prevously.

I like Breer.  But I like Keim even more.  Both Ohio State guys.  I liked that Keim scoffed at the idea the other day, coming off like he seriously doubts it. 

Hope Keim is right!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Here's Albert Breer's take on Dan Patrick show - he claims most talked about with BB is Commanders and Dallas.

There's a connection between Harris and Pats owner who both went to Harvard business school.

They will pull anything out of something these days to validate their opinion… so cause Kraft and Harris went to business school at Harvard it’s his opinion that gives BB the HC gig here… LOL