Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Harris, who has a basketball background and was managing partner for a group that purchased the Philadelphia 76ers in 2011, has reached out to people in the NBA on structuring the Washington Commanders’ front office similar to what we see in the NBA.

(...)

What is expected is the release of assistant coaches and the coordinators. Few expect defensive coordinator Wink Martindale or offensive coordinator Mike Kafka to be retained. People from Kafka’s team confide in me that they don’t expect the former college quarterback to survive.

Spitballing here, but not sure that makes 100% sense. Harris owned 5% of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the last 3 years, so he got an inside look up close at how one of the best orgs in the league runs things. I would tend to think he would be consulting with old Steelers acquaintances before asking basketball people how he should structure the Commanders front office. And I would think these conversations would be more private....

Also - not for nothing, but Mike Kafka is a KC Chiefs guy who learned under Andy Reid. If Commanders clean house completely and EB goes, they could bring Kafka in as OC (if he's available) and have continuity with Sam Howell, since he's more than familiar with the Reid version of the WCO.

Really hope there is nothing to BB speculation. Might kill my fandom once and for all.

I suspect there isn't actually much to it. It feels like a feedback loop. Started off with someone saying they heard it, which turned out to be they heard it from people outside the organization speculating it could be something that might happen. Then that turns into lots of people repeating that they heard it and on and on and soon it's wildfire. without anything real to base it on. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Spitballing here, but not sure that makes 100% sense. Harris owned 5% of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the last 3 years, so he got an inside look up close at how one of the best orgs in the league runs things. I would tend to think he would be consulting with old Steelers acquaintances before asking basketball people how he should structure the Commanders front office. And I would think these conversations would be more private....

Also - not for nothing, but Mike Kafka is a KC Chiefs guy who learned under Andy Reid. If Commanders clean house completely and EB goes, they could bring Kafka in as OC (if he's available) and have continuity with Sam Howell, since he's more than familiar with the Reid version of the WCO.

Maybe.  But its just as much speculation that he would consult with Steelers brass as it is with him speaking within his circle to those tied to the 76ers.  The 76ers play a stones throw away from the Eagles.  I know Joe Banner, ex-GM of the Eagles talked about having mutual connections to Harris and he's talked about knowing Harris some but he also said he is close to someone who is close to Harris.  The sports world comes off a bit incestuous.

Tony Pauline typically isn't bad when he shares gossip.  Not perfect.  but he's no clown either. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

20 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Bill B. Comes here and takes Sam to the next level and wins 4 more SBs. I guess I will have to try and live with that. 

Bill has had a really difficult time picking an OC recently.  

If he comes here, which I don’t think he will, he might retain Beinemy as OC.  It would actually make a lot of sense. 

But I doubt it happens.  I think he’s going to find his way back to the Giants.  

Which isn’t ideal for us. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Breer just now.    in short it came off as to Belichick, that its not something he had a direct source on but its a rumor in his circles.  And he thinks that Belichick might be willing to give up personnel control.   And it could be in a football Czar role. 

My guess still is no considering Keim (and Sheehan now) said they heard they'd hire the GM who would hire the coach.

Keim specially referenced an offensive minded HC. He wasn’t reporting that as a fact just saying that’s what he expected would happen. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If he comes here, which I don’t think he will, he might retain Beinemy as OC.  It would actually make a lot of sense. 

I wouldn’t fear Belichick at the Giants at all. I don’t think they will move on from Daboll - if they do we could do a lot worse than hiring him! 

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Oh they know they’re gone. lol

Sooner the better for that clown. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dexter said:

EB is going to get his shot to take over this team and I think he gets a chance this year as interim coach.  The offense has not lacked fire and intensity this year.  EB has produced and he's intense and precise.

Magic LOVES winners and EB has won Super Bowls.  Magic LOVES production and execution.  I guarantee EB will get Magic's endorsement.  If EB can prove to bring in a good staff then it is a no-brainer to me.  I would let EB call the offense as usual but having him be the voice of the team could take this team to a new level.

Just a waiting game....EB is our guy.

I wish RR would dismiss JDR and let EB appoint the interim DC....I don't care if it's one of his neighbors who coaches pee wee football, just move on from JDR. 

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yes. EB has to be the OC. Should have said that earlier. That is the only way it would make any sense. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean obviously Del Rio wouldn't wanna trade two starters from his unit but bro you gotta tow the company line man. 

Dude knows he is gone, he don't gotta tow squat. Only guys w/ job security tow line, like a player after he gets his money.

Weird to see that transpire in the face of the stories about the team wanting the freelancer gone tho. Goes against the narrative.

Count me as one against going the BB route, even more so if we’re trading for him.  I want a young, offensive minded guy.  With that said, BB does bring gravitas and pedigree (which can only help FA and player buy in), has experience working with young qbs, and for a new GM, he represents less risk than the unproven, young hotshot.  Between BB and Howell, maybe we’d essentially have a lot of options for an up-and-coming play caller.  Even so, hope we don’t go that route….

Why people still believe that Belichick would come here is beyond me.  It would be worse than Rivera x1000.  His best days are way behind him.  He's a defensive coach like Rivera which means he would bring in his own guys to work with Sam which would mess him up and set us back another decade.  Total disaster of a hire if it comes to fruition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

The problem with Belichick is the”Patriot way” takes 2-3 years to install by finding selfless players. The next problem with that is it follows a pattern of Snyder getting the name.

There is no Patriot Way. There is having the GOAT QB taking less than market value contracts so you can stack great teams. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Galdi git an unsolicited text from somebody close to the HOG who said there are no truth to the rumors Bill is coming here.  Something like “Josh and Mitch are looking to build a solid foundation for the future not chase or market for short term success.”

I have a guess who that’s from: Ambassador Howard Gutman.  Who has been on Al’s podcast a bunch of times and is a friend of Mitch.  The fact the text referenced “Josh and Mitch” which is how Gutman refers to them is why I’m guessing it’s him.  

Regardless of if I’m right or not, somvsiy took the time to text Al to say there’s no truth to the rumors and it was solid enough to mention, I think it’s very likely it’s true.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

The rumor made no sense from the get go. If Snyder were still here? Absolutely. Or even if it were a Bezos or someone who is completely new to owning sports franchises. But Harris has experience and knows that the best route to sustained success is building a solid foundation under a GM and HC combo that'll be here for the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

The problem with Belichick is the”Patriot way” takes 2-3 years to install by finding selfless players. The next problem with that is it follows a pattern of Snyder getting the name.

The Patriot Way is dead and unable to be installed ever again. It was a unique culmination of an adaptable schematic mind being about a decade ahead of his fellow coaches and a franchise QB that was given the stability and support to eventually grow into the GOAT, until he could carry the franchise once they no longer had the other advantages. Unlikely to ever be repeated—but certainly not by Belichick. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Galdi git an unsolicited text from somebody close to the HOG who said there are no truth to the rumors Bill is coming here.  Something like “Josh and Mitch are looking to build a solid foundation for the future not chase or market for short term success.”

salute-officer.gif

• Haha 7