Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

On 10/27/2023 at 7:34 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

kpixn9-21gadgetjlg.jpg?w=535

Live look at Ron's Analytics Machine.....or what he calls "The RAM"

30 minutes ago I saw this post. I just returned from taking a pee and the back of the magazine that was sitting on the tank had an ad for this exact phone with the same phone number.  The magazine was AARP.  I'm not kidding.  

• Haha 3

https://theathletic.com/4804587/2023/08/28/nfl-agent-survey-taylor-rodgers-goodell/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=discord

Good, bad or ugly, Adam (Peters) does it the right way. He treats people with compassion, even when it’s a bad situation. He’s always honest. You know where you stand. I’m surprised he has not gotten a general manager job to this point. I think that if you’re a team looking this year, to put it bluntly, you would be dumb to look anywhere else. I think he is the best in the business.”

... “Aaron (Hineline) is exceptional. He’s almost never wrong, finds guys early in the process and unearths important character info.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what i noticed the buzz is driven by the idea that we've made deals with SF.   Outside of that i've not hear any beat guy mention that as a rumor. 

From a pedigree standpoint though he seems intriguing.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/7-personnel-executives-who-will-be-2024-nfl-general-manager-candidates/

49ers-logo-e1676994742626.png Adam Peters, Asst. GM, 49ers

When John Lynch was hired as the San Francisco 49ers’ general manage in 2017, one of the first things he did was steal the highly regarded Peters away from the Denver Broncos.

Peters spent seven years with the Broncos as an area scout, a national scout, their assistant director of college scouting and finally, their director of college scouting.

The year before Lynch, Peters and coach Kyle Shanahan arrived, the 49ers were 2-14. In the past four years, they’ve made it to the NFC Championship Game three times and the Super Bowl once.

Peters interviewed for the Giants’ GM job last year that went to Joe Schoen. He also interviewed for the Tennessee Titans GM job this year but declined an interview with Arizona for its GM opening.

“He seems to be very comfortable where he is,’’ said Mike Tannenbaum, a former NFL executive and current analyst for The 33rd Team. “But if he wants to be a GM somewhere else, he certainly will have some opportunities.’’

Does not substantiated and more like a wish but Finlay at least mentioned the name.

Like I said, I would not complain. They have built a nice roster in San Francisco and he seems absolutely qualified. It's just that I admire the progressive and aggressive way of how the Eagles do business and I would love to do that for a change. Looking at how the 49ers have done it doesn't give me the same level of excitement as I get when I look at the Eagles. We also already hired our current GM from that exact 49ers front office. I have no idea how much responsibility he actually has and how he would maybe operate differently sans Rivera but I would argue that so far the results have not been intriguing.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Does not substantiated and more like a guess but Finlay at least mentioned the name.

Like I said, I would not complain. They have built a nice roster in San Francisco and he seems absolutely qualified. It's just that I admire the progressive and aggressive way of how the Eagles do business and I would love to do that for a change. Looking at how the 49ers have done it doesn't give me the same level of excitement as I get when I look at the Eagles. We also already hired our current GM from that exact 49ers front office. I have no idea how much responsibility he actually has and how he would maybe operate differently sans Rivera but I would argue that so far the results have not been intriguing.

I saw that.  But yeah at this point alas no real rumors.  But as to Peters profile, i wouldn't mind it either.  I am intrigued.

Keim has veered a little in today's podcast where in the past he more or less suggested lets hold off on the off season,  While today he talked about the process of hiring a GM first, hiring an offensive minded HC.  He was also spitballing a bit.  But Keim rarely completely spitballs without having a reason to -- so wonder if he has heard some rumbilings.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Does not substantiated and more like a wish but Finlay at least mentioned the name.

Mayhew is a dinosaur retread. He's also basically just a figurehead GM. Peters seems like the complete opposite of that.

• Like 2

49ers Dodge a Bullet With Assistant GM Adam Peters

It looks like the potential of 49ers assistant general manager Adam Peters leaving for the Texans is nothing more than hot air.

The 49ers dodged a bullet with assistant general manager Peters. Losing him at this point in time would be fairly gut wrenching and arguably the biggest departure to the 49ers had it happened. Luckily for them it is nothing more than a scare at best. 

Peters has been with the 49ers since 2017 and was brought in under Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. He has spent the last two seasons as the assistant general manager. Prior to that, he was the vice president of player personnel. Plenty of Day 2 and 3 draft pick hits have been because of the Peters. He is a guy they must retain at all costs. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-dodge-a-bullet-with-assistant-gm-adam-peters

Jose Luis Sanchez III

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I saw that.  But yeah at this point alas no real rumors.  But as to Peters profile, i wouldn't mind it either.  I am intrigued.

Keim has veered a little in today's podcast where in the past he more or less suggested lets hold off on the off season,  While today he talked about the process of hiring a GM first, hiring an offensive minded HC.  He was also spitballing a bit.  But Keim rarely completely spitballs without having a reason to -- so wonder if he has heard some rumbilings.

To me it would be an absolute shock if we brought back the Rivera crew. I just don't see that happening. After what we have learned about Harris, Rivera and his guys look like the complete opposite of what Harris values (regarding operations, not making any assessments of them as a person). So I think it is reasonable to assume that the search has long started in the background.

Since I do not think Harris wants to make a decision regarding the coaches, he will naturally have to hire a GM first - which is also the sensible thing to do. And looking at recent trends, defensive performance is so much more unstable than offensive performance, so I think you need to go for a promising offensive mind as a HC. Losing a promising offensive coordinator is much more painful than losing the defensive couterpart - so I think you want to have some sustainability on that side of the ball if possible, hence the offensive coaching approach.

I know way to little to be strongly advocating for one person over another. But if I could choose, I think my ideal pick for next GM would be Alec Halaby, the assistant GM for the Eagles who was the team's vice president of football operations and strategy until '21. Just sounds like a young, innovative mind who grinded his way upwards from an untraditional background. He also went through the process of overcoming organizational barriers with analytics and data-driven business models within the Eagles while working with an owner who wants to be progressive and on the forefront of innovation. It sounds like the perfect fit for us with a new owner and an organization that is so far backwards that it will be hard to implement this new mindset.

But even beyond that, he just seems like a super smart guy (Harvard graduate) who could be a Howie Roseman clone.

Meet the Eagles' analytics whiz who keeps pushing forward

Eagles assistant GM Alec Halaby has come a long way in the NFL but continues to lead the Eagles' charge in analytics.

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/meet-the-eagles-analytics-whiz-who-keeps-pushing-forward/535122/

• Like 2

With Peters, he would pair well with Slowik Jr given the two worked with each other for years in SF. He and Ben Johnson also share a common connection in Adam Gase. Gase was OC in Denver while Peters was there and Johnson was on Gase’s staff in Miami.

A FO that does not get talked about at all that we should be looking at is Tampa’s. They built a strong loaded roster before Brady got there and just needed the QB to show what it was capable of. They have faded a little but but their 2018-2020 drafts were awesome

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

30 minutes ago I saw this post. I just returned from taking a pee and the back of the magazine that was sitting on the tank had an ad for this exact phone with the same phone number.  The magazine was AARP.  I'm not kidding.  

Right. I looked for the Jitterbug phone that is marketed to AARP members. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buffalo fired their OC after making the playoffs 5 out of 6 years because Allen routinely throws interceptions.

Yet it would be a knee jerk reaction to **** can JDR so soon after... changing owners? Cmon Harris 31st in points allowed - the only downside risk is... getting a better draft position.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Buffalo fired their OC after making the playoffs 5 out of 6 years because Allen routinely throws interceptions.

Yet it would be a knee jerk reaction to **** can JDR so soon after... changing owners? Cmon Harris 31st in points allowed - the only downside risk is... getting a better draft position.

I know I'm probably the 4,346,345 person to say or thing this, but I'm not expecting changes during this season. Even if deserved. The Bills were considered to be an AFC-leading team and desperate. This is a last-ditch thing. That said... Rivera has seemed to wave the white flag already and know he's a dead man walking, thus no coaching changes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

As for Weidl, Ashburn is only 4 hrs away from Pittsburgh...and with potential new facilities even closer? Wouldn't be that hard to get back and forth...

It's funny you posted that bc last night I was reading up on some these GM candidates and googled the drive between Pitt and DC lol. His resume is attractive, working for 3 great FO in Pitt, phi, and Baltimore.   He seems to be a very strong candidate.  If he and his wife feel strongly about staying close to Pitt, we could be very attractive bc how many opportunities will arise to be the lead GM that close to home.  

36 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I know I'm probably the 4,346,345 person to say or thing this, but I'm not expecting changes during this season. Even if deserved. The Bills were considered to be an AFC-leading team and desperate. This is a last-ditch thing. That said... Rivera has seemed to wave the white flag already and know he's a dead man walking, thus no coaching changes.

Also it is not just anybody replacing Dorsey, it is Joe Brady who was the hottest assistant coach in football a few years ago and was headed on that McVay sort of trajectory before he bombed in Carolina. This is a great opportunity for him to finish this season strong, have another strong season next year and then land a HC gig in the 2025 offseason.

We don't have anyone remotely close to Brady to replace JDR

• Like 3

1 hour ago, method man said:

Also it is not just anybody replacing Dorsey, it is Joe Brady who was the hottest assistant coach in football a few years ago and was headed on that McVay sort of trajectory before he bombed in Carolina. This is a great opportunity for him to finish this season strong, have another strong season next year and then land a HC gig in the 2025 offseason.

We don't have anyone remotely close to Brady to replace JDR

Exactly. 

Rivera doesn't have really anyone appealing on staff to take over.  This is something beat reporters have talked about. 

Some say Bieniemy but he's still learning on the job to be offensive coordinator.

IMO our best shot for a clean break from this current coaching staff isn't to keep it alive by creating a spinoff series of it.  I don't want a spinoff series.  I want a clean break.  

• Like 6

Sitting here working with The Pat McAfee show on the background and Dan Orlovsky is his guest.  Dan drops people in the know that he's talked to says there is going to be a mutual parting of Patriots and Belichick at the end of the season.  Not only that but there's an agreement with another team.

Okay, who knows but that would be the worst news possible if it's the Commanders.

Hope it's the Raiders, Bears or Chargers.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Sitting here working with The Pat McAfee show on the background and Dan Orlovsky is his guest.  Dan drops people in the know that he's talked to says there is going to be a mutual parting of Patriots and Belichick at the end of the season.  Not only that but there's an agreement with another team.

Okay, who knows but that would be the worst news possible if it's the Commanders.

The guy 71 years old they would be crazy to bring him in. How many more years they think he will coach

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Hope it's the Raiders, Bears or Chargers.

I pray it's not us, but Im not worried about bc it doesn't make any sense for him to come here.  We don't have our GM in place, new ownership is looking to build something new with their vision, and after just hiring an analytics guy, I expect the hires to be young up and comers, not dinosaurs.

I think any team would be foolish to hire belichick at this point in his career, but I could see the chargers doing it.  They are a sloppy team with bad coaching, but have a ton of talent.  They may want to see belichick clean up the sloppiness and see if he can get them a ring.  Allen, ekeler, mack are all aging, and they might prefer bill over a young guy with growing pains if they feel their window is closing.

9 hours ago, Panninho said:

To me it would be an absolute shock if we brought back the Rivera crew. I just don't see that happening. After what we have learned about Harris, Rivera and his guys look like the complete opposite of what Harris values (regarding operations, not making any assessments of them as a person). So I think it is reasonable to assume that the search has long started in the background.

Since I do not think Harris wants to make a decision regarding the coaches, he will naturally have to hire a GM first - which is also the sensible thing to do. And looking at recent trends, defensive performance is so much more unstable than offensive performance, so I think you need to go for a promising offensive mind as a HC. Losing a promising offensive coordinator is much more painful than losing the defensive couterpart - so I think you want to have some sustainability on that side of the ball if possible, hence the offensive coaching approach.

I know way to little to be strongly advocating for one person over another. But if I could choose, I think my ideal pick for next GM would be Alec Halaby, the assistant GM for the Eagles who was the team's vice president of football operations and strategy until '21. Just sounds like a young, innovative mind who grinded his way upwards from an untraditional background. He also went through the process of overcoming organizational barriers with analytics and data-driven business models within the Eagles while working with an owner who wants to be progressive and on the forefront of innovation. It sounds like the perfect fit for us with a new owner and an organization that is so far backwards that it will be hard to implement this new mindset.

But even beyond that, he just seems like a super smart guy (Harvard graduate) who could be a Howie Roseman clone.

Meet the Eagles' analytics whiz who keeps pushing forward

Eagles assistant GM Alec Halaby has come a long way in the NFL but continues to lead the Eagles' charge in analytics.

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/meet-the-eagles-analytics-whiz-who-keeps-pushing-forward/535122/

This guy reads as extremely intriguing. My radar's up on him for sure after seeing this. 

• Like 1