Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no Patriot Way. There is having the GOAT QB taking less than market value contracts so you can stack great teams. 

That is becoming more apparent with every passing day. Without Brady, Belichick looks like he did with the Browns in the 90s. None of his former assistant coaches have ever turned their teams into anything decent either. Guess it helps when your HOF QB is willing to take less $$$ because his supermodel wife makes 4x as much as he did...

Maybe that will be a new draft strategy: evaluating the hotness of a rookie QB's girlfriend/wife. I'm sure that will fit into some kind of algorithm when it comes time to negotiate a new contract...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That is becoming more apparent with every passing day. Without Brady, Belichick looks like he did with the Browns in the 90s. None of his former assistant coaches have ever turned their teams into anything decent either. Guess it helps when your HOF QB is willing to take less $$$ because his supermodel wife makes 4x as much as he did...

I mean he's still a great coach, but Brady made up for a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Joe Gibbs is better. Can you imagine Gibbs with a real QB, let alone the greatest of all time?

That depends...are we talking Gibbs 1.0 or Gibbs 2.0?

Gibbs 1.0 would just say "QBs? We don't need no stinkin' QBs!" and then put Theismann, Williams, and Rypien in the lineup.

Gibbs 2.0 would waste a timeout while pondering how to answer that question. And then get flagged on the next play for having 12 men on the field.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Ron’s only card is Sam Howell and he’s playing it for all it’s worth!

Poor kid, taking all those sacks and now has to carry Ron.

This guy has been getting in front of mics as a HC for over a decade and still doesn't get better. He's acting like it's not his front office guys and him signing FAs or drafting long snappers in the 5th round. Imagine if he loses this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean he's still a great coach, but Brady made up for a lot. 

If Brady got Jay he wouldn’t have a SB ring. He might be the northeastern equivalent to Rivers or Herbert.  Especially early.  Later, when he had earned his bones, he could probably have dictated anything he wanted.  But not early.  

You need good coaching and good playing.

In NE, the patriots had both for 20 years.  

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Ron’s only card is Sam Howell and he’s playing it for all it’s worth!

Josh be like: 

IMG_0503.gif.ad3ac9ecba50d249ea51fb373b0a37fe.gif

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If we find a way to lose this weekend you get the pitchforks I will bring the torches.

I think they’re already out. 

I kindof want our defense to be completely exploded against the Giants so Ron has no choice but to can JDR after the Dallas game.  Just because it will make me feel better.  

If they lose the next 2 I think Josh kindof owes it to the fans to can Ron and end the speculation and start the off-season.  

I don’t think that’s going to happen.  But I’d be fine if it did.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I kindof want our defense to be completely exploded against the Giants so Ron has no choice but to can JDR after the Dallas game.  Just because it will make me feel better.  

If they lose the next 2 I think Josh kindof owes it to the fans to can Ron and end the speculation and start the off-season.  

I think Josh will just let it play out to the end of the season. Certainly for Ron. But the shortlisting will already be underway.

As for Del Rio you could replace him with life sized stuffed toy and get similar results to what are already getting. If we look bad on D against the Giants I’d fire him for cause. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think Josh will just let it play out to the end of the season. Certainly for Ron. But the shortlisting will already be underway.

You’re probably right but I also wouldn’t be shocked if they wanted to get a start on officially interviewing candidates and needed Ron and Martin out of the way to do so.  

After the Dallas thanksgiving game would be a good time to do that.  Also, if they have any thought of EB as a candidate, would be a good extended job interview. 

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

As for Del Rio you could replace him with life sized stuffed toy and get similar results to what are already getting. If we look bad on D against the Giants I’d fire him for cause. 

I have a 4 foot stuffed Olaf I’d be happy to donate to the cause. 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Maybe that will be a new draft strategy: evaluating the hotness of a rookie QB's girlfriend/wife. I'm sure that will fit into some kind of algorithm when it comes time to negotiate a new contract...

He actually did OK with the Browns given the handicaps (the move, the competition and a bare cupboard). It is more of the fact that a 70+ year old may not have as much energy as he did 15-20 years ago plus he has a model of how to run a team that was successful which may not work as well as it did and might have only worked due to ownership (he was thought to be on the hot-seat according to most experts as late as November 2001), a little luck, innovation of the type yet to be seen a lot and quickly turning the team into winners (many players love winning and will put up with loads of crap if they win) as winners tend to continue to win while losers tend to continue to lose (talent and coaching ability is not only thing different between winners and losers). While a big reason was a QB GOAT, this GOAT did not make outrageous salary demands, played at a high-level for years (most coaches will have a bad year or two because they are developing a guy) and was probably the de-facto OC for several of the seasons.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s completely ridiculous. You think 62 games, utilizing six first rounders and two second rounders, spending eight figure salaries on two CBs and trading Trent Williams for a CB and LB is enough time and resources to properly evaluate JDR?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

That’s completely ridiculous. You think 62 games, utilizing six first rounders and two second rounders, spending eight figure salaries on two CBs and trading Trent Williams for a CB and LB is enough time and resources to properly evaluate JDR?

I recognized the sarcasm and I am proud of myself!!!!!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But its just as much speculation that he would consult with Steelers brass as it is with him speaking within his circle to those tied to the 76ers. 

100%. He's probably talking to everybody.

Ron’s entire act is just downright shameful.  Have some dignity and respect and just tell the truth about what ails the team.  He can’t possibly believe these pseudo Jedi mind tricks are going to work on the media and general public.  That we’ll just forget all about the defense he’s had 4 years to build that can’t stop a nosebleed, that the entirety of his offseason acquisitions both in draft and FA have been complete failures, and the list goes on.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ron’s entire act is just downright shameful.  Have some dignity and respect and just tell the truth about what ails the team.  He can’t possibly believe these pseudo Jedi mind tricks are going to work on the media and general public.  That we’ll just forget all about the defense he’s had 4 years to build that can’t stop a nosebleed, that the entirety of his offseason acquisitions both in draft and FA have been complete failures, and the list goes on.  

He might believe it.

Another possibility is he can’t really say what the problem is, because you don’t want to just blast your players and coaches, because that wouldn’t play well inside the building and he still has to coach the guys, at least until he doesn’t.

”Yeah, Jack hasn’t been able to adjust his defenses quickly enough, we can’t get pressure with either of the guys we paid significant money too, clearly Bunter and Martin have absolutely no idea what they are doing half the time, and since they are the last line of defense, when it fails, you have big plays.  

Davis hasn’t developed like we had hoped, that’s a bad evaluation on the part of Martin and myself.  But since he can’t cover, that puts us in a bit of a bind.  

The whole defense was predicated around using safeties instead of LBs, and now we’re down a starting Safety and LB and the backups aren’t good enough.

And Jack isn’t doing a good enough job putting players into positions to be successful.  Our blitzes are slow and predictable, we played several games of man defense when we should know we shouldn’t do that, and we’ve fallen in love with doing things which aren’t working.”

I mean, that’s probably as polite a way of describing it.  But Ron can’t really say any of that. 

I’m not excusing the drivel he’s putting out there.  I wish he would just mumble something incoherent, and the. Ask for the next question.  Whether he knows (I think he does) the truth or not, he can’t say it, and the excuses he’s making are a total bad clown show.  

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, peanut0862 said:

Seems like four years ago we couldn't get anyone to even interview for the job and now we don't even want BB

That's when an honorable ex Super Bowl winning LB with many years of coaching experience including as a fairly successful HC took over the team as our new HC.

With him he brought a DC with a storied background as successful LB, DC and HC.

Also a young gun OC with a famous and successful OC and HC (not successful ☹️)

Filled us up with great expectations of a bright future, even with a twit of an owner