Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Could be Harris waits until the EOS but when we get torched in Dallas I think Harris will have had enough and heard enough to drop the ball on RR and he and if JDR want to quit too, I THINK EB will be the intern HC and he selects one of the defensive coaches to be his DC, if JDR goes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, skins island connection said:

When Gibbs II was hired, they said 'rest easy'.

When they drafted RGIII, they said 'rest easy'.

When Kirk Cousins began playing good they said 'rest easy'.

When they drafted Chase young they said 'rest easy'.

I'd like to see this team get back to some form of perennial contention before I PERMANENTLY 'rest easy'...🥺

I hear you.  I really do. 

But all those things you listed have one thing in common: a Dan Snyder-owned team.  (And for the record, I NEVER bought into the Chase Young hype.  I wasn't impressed enough with the guy and was in total "Prove It To Me" mode from the jump.  I wanted a QB.)

We have a completely different owner now.  The new ownership group is a 180 degree turn from Snyder.  AND...Harris is an experienced owner.  He's the literal antithesis of Dan.

This season was ALWAYS going to be a waste the moment is was clear the team wouldn't be sold until mid-summer.  There was nothing Harris could possibly have done at that point that would have salvaged this incredible waste of a year filled with an overabundance of marginally-talented players and a coaching staff that is in the bottom 1-3 of the league.   Heck, the moment Ron hired Martin Mayhew a few years ago, I knew it was over.  

This season sucks, it's disheartening, more of the same, a waste of time, etc.  For sure.  But try and take a step back and objectively look at the details.  For the first time in over two decades, they are very, very different.  In a good way where it counts.  

From the moment the H.O.G. became official stewards of the franchise, the REAL season was always only just beginning this January.  Everything else was just something we had to "get through". 

This offseason it's on.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I hear you.  I really do. 

But all those things you listed have one thing in common: a Dan Snyder-owned team.  (And for the record, I NEVER bought into the Chase Young hype.  I wasn't impressed enough with the guy and was in total "Prove It To Me" mode from the jump.  I wanted a QB.)

We have a completely different owner now.  The new ownership group is a 180 degree turn from Snyder.  AND...Harris is an experienced owner.  He's the literal antithesis of Dan.

This season was ALWAYS going to be a waste the moment is was clear the team wouldn't be sold until mid-summer.  There was nothing Harris could possibly have done at that point that would have salvaged this incredible waste of a year filled with an overabundance of marginally-talented players and a coaching staff that is in the bottom 1-3 of the league.   Heck, the moment Ron hired Martin Mayhew a few years ago, I knew it was over.  

This season sucks, it's disheartening, more of the same, a waste of time, etc.  For sure.  But try and take a step back and objectively look at the details.  For the first time in over two decades, they are very, very different.  In a good way where it counts.  

From the moment the H.O.G. became official stewards of the franchise, the REAL season was always only just beginning this January.  Everything else was just something we had to "get through". 

This offseason it's on.  

Well said.  

I still don't get why so many were enamored with Martin Mayhew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Well said.  

I still don't get why so many were enamored with Martin Mayhew.

Was anyone enamored with Mayhew? I know he got some credit for the trade down in 2022 but that's about it. Just about everyone knows he's just GM in name only and is subservient to Ron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Was anyone enamored with Mayhew? I know he got some credit for the trade down in 2022 but that's about it. Just about everyone knows he's just GM in name only and is subservient to Ron.

I recall when news broke that Kyle Smith was gone many were saying no biggie, because Mayhew was coming to town 

On 11/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, Rufus T Firefly said:

Really hope there is nothing to BB speculation. Might kill my fandom once and for all.

I suspect there isn't actually much o it. It feels like feedback loop. Started off with someone saying they heard it, which turned out to be they heard it from people outside the organization speculating it could be something that might happen. Then that turns into lots of people repeating that they heard it and on and on and soon it's wildfire. without anything real to base it on. 

I dont think it can be seen as a "bad look" to fire Ron mid season. Harris did not pick Rivera, he inherited him, gave him a chance and Ron has failed miserably.

The initial surge in atrendance to start this year will drop as this season progresses and the ineptitude continues, while I doubt it will have a huge impact financially, a half empty stadium  will not sit well. Having said that I still would wait until we get a GM and do this thing right. Everyone knows that firing Ron mid season is nothing more than a gesture to appease the fans. As much as it sucks continue to take our lumps and do it right.

Sorry, responded to wrong post.

Edited by Chris 44

45 minutes ago, ananoman said:

I recall when news broke that Kyle Smith was gone many were saying no biggie, because Mayhew was coming to town 

I’m going to need receipts on that.

Most of Ron’s first year moves were met with the side eye.

Trading Trent, dumping KOC, and eventually parting ways with Kyle were all moves that most of us weren’t cool with, but accepted as we had no other real choice but to hope for the best.

There was absolutely no fanfare for either of the Marties.  More like just grin and bear it, hope for the best - because many of us hadn’t grown disdain for Ron yet.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m going to need receipts on that.

Most of Ron’s first year moves were met with the side eye.

Trading Trent, dumping KOC, and eventually parting ways with Kyle were all moves that most of us weren’t cool with, but accepted as we had no other real choice but to hope for the best.

There was absolutely no fanfare for either of the Marties.  More like just grin and bear it, hope for the best - because many of us hadn’t grown disdain for Ron yet.

Exactly this. Most of us were pissed that Kyle was leaving, especially after what looked like a good draft at the time and arguably the 2nd best FA class of the Snyder era.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

58 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Yeah I call bull. I don't think one person thought that. Me personally I wasn't as big a Kyle Smith supporter as others, but absolutely nobody was excited at the thought of replacing him with Martin freaking Mayhew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

I dont think it can be seen as a "bad look" to fire Ron mid season. Harris did not pick Rivera, he inherited him, gave him a chance and Ron has failed miserably.

The initial surge in atrendance to start this year will drop as this season progresses and the ineptitude continues, while I doubt it will have a huge impact financially, a half empty stadium  will not sit well. Having said that I still would wait until we get a GM and do this thing right. Everyone knows that firing Ron mid season is nothing more than a gesture to appease the fans. As much as it sucks continue to take our lumps and do it right.

Sorry, responded to wrong post.

Glad you edited, because I was just getting ready to tangle. 

3a28db1c2ba7bec303b18c1ade6c5df6.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I call bull. I don't think one person thought that. Me personally I wasn't as big a Kyle Smith supporter as others, but absolutely nobody was excited at the thought of replacing him with Martin freaking Mayhew.

Plenty of supporters of Mayhew. I know I had seen them posting somewhere and it took me all of 2 seconds to find something on a FB Commanders fan group

IMG_0037.jpeg

Edited by ananoman
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Plenty of supporters of Mayhew. I know I had seen them posting somewhere and it took me all of 2 seconds to find something on a FB Commanders fan group

IMG_0037.jpeg

The people who post in the Facebook groups are complete nincompoops. There is a reason the posters here post here - this is a group of sharp fans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ananoman said:

IMG_0037.jpeg

Tangling with Facebook fans is like opening your mouth, diving head first into the sewer, and then wondering why you taste ****. 

Facebook (and twitter) fan groups rarely represent the discourse we have going on here, to be honest with you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Conn said:

Tangling with Facebook fans is like opening your mouth, diving head first into the sewer, and then wondering why you taste ****. 

Facebook (and twitter) fan groups rarely represent the discourse we have going on here, to be honest with you. 

You stated it better than me lol

14 minutes ago, ananoman said:

IMG_0037.jpeg

Glad to see ya back around Cooleyfan93! There can't be THAT many people in this fanbase who take Facebook idiots seriously, so this has to be you!

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, method man said:

The people who post in the Facebook groups are complete nincompoops. There is a reason the posters here post here - this is a group of sharp fans

Well here is a post from this site in support of Mayhew.  I redacted the poster name etc to protect the guilty.  I’m telling you, there were a bunch of fans in support of the hire

IMG_0038.jpeg

Edited by ananoman

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

Those poor souls on Facebook are on the edge of their seat thinking we have a shot at the playoffs.  If they only knew this place existed then they could come to terms with reality and dive into hockey or basketball lol

• Haha 1