Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

My little conspiracy that this was all worked out last year, until Dan held up the sale puts me at ease. 

I'm certain it's Johnson and everyone knows it and that he already has his coordinators lined up.

Either way, he was a hot name last year, so I'm sure BJ has had his conversations with his eventual staff.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan's podcast with Standig

A.  Sheehan thinks Johnson the favorite

B.  Sheehan thinks if not Johnson then Quinn.

Don't know if that's what he is hearing or just a guess.  I know he knows someone close to one of the minority owners.

C.  Standig thinks Johnson is the favorite but not slam dunk

D.  Harris and his clique are very tight lipped so this is about what others are saying around the league

E.  Standig if he had to pick another if not Johnson said McDonald but hard call between him, Quinn, Morris

F.  Standig also said one insider type he knows told him McDonald isn't the favorite for any of these jobs 

So Slowik is on the outs?

Wondering if they interviewed both Anthony Weaver and MacDonald in hopes of trying to entice one of them to come over as the DC. They may need some sort of additional title but Weaver doesn't get as much convo as he may deserve. 

Also regarding MacDonald, I loved Roquan's take on his abilities. I imagine MacDonalds take is similar about the stud LB. They both made Queen a lot of money this coming year regardless of where he ends up. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

My little conspiracy that this was all worked out last year, until Dan held up the sale puts me at ease. 

I'm certain it's Johnson and everyone knows it and that he already has his coordinators lined up.

Either way, he was a hot name last year, so I'm sure BJ has had his conversations with his eventual staff.

Bring on Ben Johnson.

predictions for his coordinators...

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.15.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.15.35 PM.png

• Haha 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb down 3

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

It's been the worst kept secret in the NFL.  LOL

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

So Slowik is on the outs?

Wondering if they interviewed both Anthony Weaver and MacDonald in hopes of trying to entice one of them to come over as the DC. They may need some sort of additional title but Weaver doesn't get as much convo as he may deserve. 

Also regarding MacDonald, I loved Roquan's take on his abilities. I imagine MacDonalds take is similar about the stud LB. They both made Queen a lot of money this coming year regardless of where he ends up. 

I've not heard of late any of the insider types thinking Slowik is a front runner here, some nationally seem to think he doesn't get any of the openings, sounds like right now judging by buzz his best shot is Atlanta.

As someone who wants Ben Johnson by a good margin over someone else, I think the biggest threat to that feels like Dan Quinn. 

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

My sources have confirmed that Ben Johnson will be the Washington coach next season. 

is that @RWJ?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

It feels like yesterday when I looked at head coaches and they were all old men.

Now 3/4's of them are ten years younger than I am.

I'd like to believe it's just a paradigm shift in the nfl but then I remember gibbs was 7 years younger than I am now when he was first hired.

Such is life.

Trust me-- the disparity only gets  worse as the years and the decades fade away; the slow attrition of old friends, family, and loved ones and worst of all outlasting some of their children leaves permanent scars in your atrophying soul.

Until one day you look around and you're suddenly the oldest person in nearly every room or situation that you encounter.

And you whisper to yourself the constant mantra, "Do not go gently into that good night..."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I think Slowik is now going to end up in Atlanta. That is a stacked team that would have been in the playoffs with just slightly better QB play. He can grab Bo Nix or McCarthy and likely have that team in the playoffs or winning the division year 1

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted this on 1/23. :)  Thanks though. 👍

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Will be interesting to see how quickly this fanbase turns against Johnson if the Lions offense gets shut down this weekend 😀

If they do, they do a win for us and a loss for the Lions.  I think Johnson is better than that though. We shall see. :)  

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Will be interesting to see how quickly this fanbase turns against Johnson if the Lions offense gets shut down this weekend 😀

If they get shut down it will be due Johnson spending too much time evaluating DC options and our roster! 😁

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2