Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

If Seattle doesn't hire BB, and it looks like BB won't have a HC job this season, what is he going to do?  He isn't going to the college ranks.  He could become an analyst like Sean Payton did, but I don't see him wanting to be a member of the media that he seems to loathe.  You know he wants to be a HC again to get that record, so he probably wants to stay active in the league.  At one of his last pressers with the pats, he stressed how much he loves prepping a team and game planning etc (probably as a hint to owners that he would be open to not having personnel control, but that didn't seem to work).

So, in order to continue to do what he loves, and stay in the league, if Harris were to pay him handsomely... BB as DC?  Sounds nuts, and highly unlikely, but maybe a possibility?  .1% chance?  As Lloyd Christmas once said, "so you're telling me there's a chance!"

BB would be an invaluable mentor to Ben Johnson as he learns the ropes as a head coach.  He would be worth a record breaking coordinator salary.  

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

You're starting to scare me some SIP. 

--shivers--

I got my hopes and dreams all set up for an impending Johnson announcement next week and your circumspect post has me on edge with the shakes.

It's gonna be a long weekend, so much tension and uncertainty, don't know what to do...

image.thumb.png.afc7e7ed4ac5fd9b7d1faa352b958046.png

You freaking too, CITR.  Take some deep breaths, Bro.  @Hitman#21 to Aisle 1 for some backup here.  We need to calm down our Brother CITR down!  😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That would be a bit more realistic than whoever said Ben as HC and Mac as DC.  Dallas fans are pissed as well as social media with Quinn and rightly so.  He never has his playoff teams ready for the big game.  Regular season, Yes, playoffs, No.

Except when he won in the Super Bowl in 2013 for Seattle and went back again in 2014 and took Atlanta to the Super Bowl. “Never” is not quite the right word. 

• Like 1

I THINK it ends up this way:

Seattle: MacDonald

Washington:  Johnson

One thing is for sure we will know what direction this team is going in if one of Baltimore or Detroit loses.  

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I see that Falcons fans are taking this well. 

Screenshot_20240125_145601_Chrome.jpg

Oh my.  Raheem has a way of calming players and the team down.  That's the special quality he's always had.  In the recent videos I watched of him, he really impressed me since I last saw any of him when he was here.  They will grow to like him and I think he will do well.  He will play the Dan Campbell part. If Blank is smart, he will.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Falcons brass wants to know how the fanbase is responding to the hire, and they see "I yearn for the sweet release of death". 😂

If "He who shall not be named" was their owner it would be the prelude ti another Fassell to Zorn type of fiasco.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Giants will. He could be the Giants coach in 2025 in my opinion. Dallas and Philly will also have new coaches. Ben Johnson will the most tenured coach in the NFC east in 2025.

Potential openings:

Boys- Would have to work with the Joneses.

Eagles- Would have to work with Lurie and GM Roseman

Giants- Would Mara give BB full control? He just might, I agree

Bills- Would have to work their Gm but could get Bills over the hump.

Jets- Johnson would give Bill full control. Could he work with a 41 year old Rodgers?

Chicago- Would Bears give full control? He’d have a qb in Williams.

Tampa-  Bucs could be willing to give full control.

New Orleans- Probably have to work with Gm.

Jacksonville- Khan might be willing to give control.

Well, that’s next years problem.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Oh my.  Raheem has a way of calming players and the team down.  That's the special quality he's always had.  In the recent videos I watched of him, he really impressed me since I last saw any of him when he was here.  They will grow to like him and I think he will do well.  He will play the Dan Campbell part. If Blank is smart, he will.  

I get the exasperation. Raheem was their interim coach for half a season when they fired Quinn a few years ago. Most weren't that impressed with his resume during the trial run. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think there target for DC is Weaver as they know MacDonald will be either Seattle's or their HC.  Weaver would probably be brought over if Mac was the hire as our new DC.  

The Ravens aren’t letting Macdonald leave if it’s not for a HC job. That’s why him not getting a HC slot this year is huge if we want Weaver in our building—we can’t be blocked from promoting him to DC if he wants to take the job. Whereas if Macdonald had gotten a HC job, Weaver would likely stay put and become Baltimore’s DC.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You're starting to scare me some SIP. 

--shivers--

I got my hopes and dreams all set up for an impending Johnson announcement next week and your circumspect post has me on edge with the shakes.

It's gonna be a long weekend, so much tension and uncertainty, don't know what to do...

image.thumb.png.afc7e7ed4ac5fd9b7d1faa352b958046.png

Relax. We are going to come out of this with a much better coaching staff than we came out of 23 with. 

I would make a strong argument we had the worst coaching staff in the NFL last season. The only way is up!!

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

BB would be an invaluable mentor to Ben Johnson as he learns the ropes as a head coach.  He would be worth a record breaking coordinator salary. 

Hard pass on that. We don't need BB anywhere near this team. Do you really think BB would be happy working under a young HC. I don't think so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

If Seattle doesn't hire BB, and it looks like BB won't have a HC job this season, what is he going to do?  He isn't going to the college ranks.  He could become an analyst like Sean Payton did, but I don't see him wanting to be a member of the media that he seems to loathe.  You know he wants to be a HC again to get that record, so he probably wants to stay active in the league.  At one of his last pressers with the pats, he stressed how much he loves prepping a team and game planning etc (probably as a hint to owners that he would be open to not having personnel control, but that didn't seem to work).

So, in order to continue to do what he loves, and stay in the league, if Harris were to pay him handsomely... BB as DC?  Sounds nuts, and highly unlikely, but maybe a possibility?  .1% chance?  As Lloyd Christmas once said, "so you're telling me there's a chance!"

This is a wild take, that would require 2 guys to put their egos to the side in an unprecedented way.

That said, I want to hate it but I can’t.

11 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Falcons brass wants to know how the fanbase is responding to the hire, and they see "I yearn for the sweet release of death". 😂

That used to be the mantra of Commander fans.

4 minutes ago, SkinsNatsFan said:

More insight into the HC interviews. Interviewees prepared with a staff list. Makes sense. Surprised specifics leaked though.

So this brings me to this question. During HC interviews, do you think perspective coaches are asked who would they and who could they bring with them?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Hard pass on that. We don't need BB anywhere near this team. Do you really think BB would be happy working under a young HC. I don't think so.

I don't think it would actually happen, hence the .1% chance estimation.  For both aspects you mentioned: BB doesn't want to work under another HC, especially one as green as Johnson.  And on the flip side, do we actually want that due to the potential of BBs arrogance and stubbornness creating problems.  Harris said this is such an important decision for him as owner, I don't see him bringing in a strong personality that could become disgruntled.  Especially after toxic tenure after toxic tenure here, and trying to establish a new culture.

However, I do think it will be VERY painful for BB to not be coaching this season. He probably won't know what to do with himself, considering he knows he isn't ready to retire bc the record is so close.  And money talks.   From Harris perspective, the man knows his Xs and Os, and how a championship team prepares and conducts itself.

Ok, maybe .01% chance.

Edited by KillBill26

13 minutes ago, SkinsNatsFan said:

More insight into the HC interviews. Interviewees prepared with a staff list. Makes sense. Surprised specifics leaked though.

The leaks aren't really all that surprising to me.  What incentive does a team who interviewed but ultimately decided not to hire Morris have to keep his staff list quiet?  Easy way to build goodwill with guys like Breer. 

17 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So this brings me to this question. During HC interviews, do you think perspective coaches are asked who would they and who could they bring with them?

This implies to me much more than just some bull**** interview wish list. But glad to have amused you. Mock away.

17 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

That’s like 30% of the interview, staffing. Who comes loaded with satisfactory, or even exciting, answers and who doesn’t is a big, big part of it. 

I remember reading speculation that EB doesn’t have an impressive list of compatriots to call upon, and that’s a part of his disappointing performance in HC interviews. Just part. 

• Like 2

Happy for Morris.

I would have been cool w/ his communication skills here, he would have won over the fanbase after a press conference or two. Dude is a vibe.

ATL is not a terrible landing spot if they can lure a QB in FA either. Good for him.

He is the first guy off the board that makes me kick rocks a little bit, but top 3 are still on the board, so no biggie.

Just now, Conn said:

I remember reading speculation that EB doesn’t have an impressive list of compatriots to call upon, and that’s a part of his disappointing performance in HC interviews. Just part. 

The way he talks I naturally assumed Eric Bieniemy's compatriots were all named Eric Bieniemy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had to post this tweet:  See the fellas profile name He's got his together, doesn't he!  Not flaming hot takes but below his tweet!

Edited by RWJ