Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I was going on the report from the Grant and Danny show earlier this afternoon. When they repeatedly ked off several segments by saying this would be Quinn's third interview.

Which really would make it newsworthy.

Frankly it seems far more reasonable and logical that the 2nd interview didn't occur and the interview scheduled for next week is simply the same due diligence all the other candidates (sans Morriss) received.

I stand corrected, if true.

(By the way the quantity of capital letters in my post was for emphasis only, it was not intended as an attack.)

No problem.  I was just kidding around.

I think it was just a poorly worded tweet from Standig that confused people.

• Thumb up 1

Maybe the best staff of all time. 

How did we ever lose a game?

Oh right that great humanitarian that demanded employees bow their heads and never look him directly in the eyes when he walked past them was running the team.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

This doesn’t work anymore, the Assistant HC title doesn’t require a team to let the coach go. They can only make a “lateral” move if they currently don’t call plays and would be allowed playcalling duties in their new position.

So basically Dallas would have to let Quinn go to a division rival out of the goodness of their own heart, if he doesn’t get a HC job. And they won’t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I, personally would also like to add this comment: "**** Bill Belicheck".....I'll NEVER forget when he ran up the score in Foxboro against a very undermanned Redskins team coached by HOF coach Joe Gibbs. I hope nobody hires him and he doesn't pass Shula. I especially hope we don't see him in D.C. because of the history we have with him. And I'm glad we beat his ass this year.

I remember that game like it was yesterday.  They were up 38-0 in the 4th quarter and went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG, then got another TD.  Put Castle in and threw it, went for it on another 4th down and eventually got another TD.  

I agree, **** Bill Bilichick and his legacy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What is Quinn's current contract situation with Dallas? I believe that he signed a one year deal for this past season but I am not certain. If he is not under contract wouldn't he be free to sign as DC with anyone?

Edited by GoSkins1976
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoSkins1976 said:

What is Quinn's current contract situation with Dallas? I believe that he signed a one year deal for this past season but I am not certain. If he is now under contract wouldn't he be free to sign as DC with anyone?

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/news-rumors-dan-quinn-contract-salary/amp/

This makes it seem like one year. But I’d imagine that there’s mutual interest in bringing him back if he doesn’t get an HC job.

• Like 1

While I think it’s great , I’d bet the DMV Sports media is missing the previous baffoons “screen door on a submarine” leak fest they would have usually gotten in times like these.  Guess we’ll know pretty soon who’s actually got the inside track on this teams moves, going out on a limb here but I’m thinking Florio is not going to be one of them 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Dan Quinn, being one.

He’s failed before. Yes, I am someone that thinks everyone deserves a second chance. However, he coached Dallas this year. It sounds old school but I’m completely serious: this regime should be all in on anti-Cowboys as they get started.

Second: his defense fell apart during the second half of the year and had a major collapse in the playoffs. 

Why is he considered a good candidate for this job?

And, quite frankly, why do Rick Speilman’s words to the public mean a single thing? 

Rick is just a short term hire.

45 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/news-rumors-dan-quinn-contract-salary/amp/

This makes it seem like one year. But I’d imagine that there’s mutual interest in bringing him back if he doesn’t get an HC job.

I'm not so sure. McCarthy is on the hot seat and coaching in the last year of his deal, which usually isn't a great sign. If Quinn doesn't get a HC job, he may want to go to a more stable situation as a DC where he can wait for the right HC opening.

The counterpoint is our defense sucks and he may not want to leave a more developed unit in Dallas.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm not so sure. McCarthy is on the hot seat and coaching in the last year of his deal, which usually isn't a great sign. If Quinn doesn't get a HC job, he may want to go to a more stable situation as a DC where he can wait for the right HC opening.

The counterpoint is our defense sucks and he may not want to leave a more developed unit in Dallas.

Our defense sucked, at least in part, because the coaching really really sucked. 

Add a good DE, LB and a true FS and get someone who can actually coach secondary plus some actual game planning and halfways decent play calling and the D will be much better.

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Our defense sucked, at least in part, because the coaching really really sucked. 

Add a good DE, LB and a true FS and get someone who can actually coach secondary plus some actual game planning and halfways decent play calling and the D will be much better.

There's gonna be an initial default thought of "get any Ron guy out of here ASAP" but a few of them are gonna find a second life and I am excited about that as well...

• Like 1

I'm not going to post too much but I hope Ben Johnson has thick skin because as much as people like to say the DC media isn't harsh, it isn't a cake walk. And if this first season is not off and running, the media will not be nice. And the callers and fans will not be either. I'm not saying they'll be calling for his head or anything, but let's not act like Detroit fans weren't calling him names when he wasn't using their running back properly early in the season. But they were winning so it wasn't really a topic for discussion. 

• Like 2

Canales has been an OC and playcaller for a single year. Didn’t break any records. Had a good year, his team won a single playoff game. Mainly he proved himself capable of spearheading the talented but flawed reclamation project that was Baker Mayfield.

You will have this happen constantly if you do not hire an OC to be your HC. The Texans look like they’ll escape it happening with their own first year playcaller OC this year, and their fans consider themselves (and Stroud) extremely lucky. 

It’s just the way of the league now. Vrabel’s tenure became stale and unstable after losing LaFleur and Smith (who both made things work with their own talented/flawed reclamation project in Tannehill) back to back, and being unable to conjure another successful QB/OC marriage. He’s unemployed right now despite being considered an elite culture builder and leader of men. Franchise is starting over. 

I could go on forever. We’ll see how the Lions fare without Ben Johnson (and his right hand man, the current OL coach who will reportedly become his OC) in the coming years. We’ll see how Dan Campbell’s elite culture building and communication skills hold up over time in regards to being the main driver for his regime’s longevity, because that team’s rise coincided with both the roster’s talent and Ben Johnson’s own meteoric rise. Maybe the talent and replacing the offense’s brains will be enough to keep them in their window. Maybe it won’t, or maybe it won’t after another OC gets poached later. We’ll see.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RVAskins said:

All this HC talk is like a broken record. We'll have a HC soon enough and then we can move on to something else to argue about.

Indeed we will.

a9f54897-086b-402f-a8c3-dac38b2b4e1d_text.gif.a1ddd8d9162fa6bb541a501c5afc7f56.gif

by which I am clearly referring to OCs and DCs.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm not going to post too much but I hope Ben Johnson has thick skin because as much as people like to say the DC media isn't harsh, it isn't a cake walk. And if this first season is not off and running, the media will not be nice. And the callers and fans will not be either. I'm not saying they'll be calling for his head or anything, but let's not act like Detroit fans weren't calling him names when he wasn't using their running back properly early in the season. But they were winning so it wasn't really a topic for discussion. 

This is the most toxic fanbase in all of sports. Detroit fans never have actual expectations. They might pretend they do, but they expect to lose at their core. We still expect to win. We might say it’s going to be a 5-12 year but almost every fan has much bigger expectation and we demand immediate gratification.

The fanbase might not show up to games but the level of engagement online and on talk radio is still massive. Until someone delivers a consistent winner, we will eviscerate them. Coach, QB, left tackle, long snapper or whoever. 

But when they finally deliver a Lombardi, the amount of love and immediate legend status they will get will be like no other. This is not a place for the weak. The guy better have unbreakable confidence in himself or immediately deliver, because we will shatter him into pieces within 18 months max if things don’t look like they are on an upward trajectory. The QB gets 3 months max. Welcome to Washington. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I, personally would also like to add this comment: "**** Bill Belicheck".....I'll NEVER forget when he ran up the score in Foxboro against a very undermanned Redskins team coached by HOF coach Joe Gibbs. I hope nobody hires him and he doesn't pass Shula. I especially hope we don't see him in D.C. because of the history we have with him. And I'm glad we beat his ass this year.

I do remember too, disgusting to say the least. You still have some media pundits who keep on calling him a "genius" while history proves he's nothing without Brady and his coaching tree sucks. Karma is catching up with him. Hit the road Bill, good riddance.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

I do remember too, disgusting to say the least. You still have some media pundits who keep on calling him a "genius" while history proves he's nothing without Brady and his coaching tree sucks. Karma is catching up with him. Hit the road Bill, good riddance.

82-98

He is a loser without Brady!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Conn said:

Vrabel’s tenure became stale and unstable after losing LaFleur and Smith

I remember a few years back there was a debate about the titans and there was one poster (can't remember who it was) who was talking about the titans ( and im paraphrasing here) as an average team on the decline and everybody,  myself included was like if they're average ill take it.

Boy were they spot on with that prognostication. 

What a coup it would be to end up with johnson as our coach and vrabel as the defensive coordinator. 

We'd almost certainly lose him in a year or two but to have him rebuild the defense would be outstanding. 

• Like 1