Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

On 5/20/2024 at 12:08 AM, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

And he was …if the room was  the broom closet. 

I feel like the broom would be more useful in player acquisition and development.

• Haha 2

These guys all left organizations either at the top, near the top or respectfully on the way... all to work with and for Adam Peters.

Just think about that for a minute.

• Like 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Wherever you prefer to get your podcasts, I recommend the most recent Al Galdi podcast segment with Andrew Brandt ("former Green Bay Packers president and current sports-business expert") on the Sosna hire and current direction/philosophy of the FO. Some good nuggets here:

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/the-al-galdi-podcast-015b3/episodes/episode-833-deep-dive-with-andrew-brandt-on-brandon-sosna-and-commanders-new-front-office-and-more-39072

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We deserve this.  Those of us still here, whether its been as a devout homer or as a hate-watcher that still cared enough to stick around, this is for us.  Pinch yourself, it’s not a dream.

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We deserve this.  Those of us still here, whether its been as a devout homer or as a hate-watcher that still cared enough to stick around, this is for us.  Pinch yourself, it’s not a dream.

Amen to this.  What I do think is a bit nuts, and I think @Skinsinparadise touched on this theme here or there, are reactions like this:

image.png.bae80ca161e2395866399f7d1713c895.png

I see a LOT of this, and I don't know if it's a defense mechanism to being burned again, or if there are people out there who eventually replaced being a fan of the team with being a dysfunction enthusiast, because it's irrational.  Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, but getting it right eventually looks like what we are doing now at the beginning stages.  And if we don't get it right this time, we can blow it up and start over and nothing about this attempt will poison the next.  That's what is different now, and it is not a figment of anyone's imagination.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I see a LOT of this, and I don't know if it's a defense mechanism to being burned again, or if there are people out there who eventually replaced being a fan of the team with being a dysfunction enthusiast, because it's irrational.  Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, but getting it right eventually looks like what we are doing now at the beginning stages.  And if we don't get it right this time, we can blow it up and start over and nothing about this attempt will poison the next.  That's what is different now, and it is not a figment of anyone's imagination.

I chalk a lot of this up to battered fan syndrome, PTSD, and in some cases - folks that simply don’t know any better.

What we are experiencing is nothing remotely like what we’ve experienced in the past under Dan.  Not even close.  

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 12:27 PM, Bifflog said:

Amen to this.  What I do think is a bit nuts, and I think @Skinsinparadise touched on this theme here or there, are reactions like this:

Yeah we've had our version of the Emperor run the Death Star for eons -- but a grossly incompetent version of the Emperor, with the cadets from the Police Academy running the ship with him.  Sleazy, slimy and also insanely incompetent and stupid.

And we wondered why some shifts in the operation didn't work out?  We still had the Emperor in charge and the building was filled with likeminded incompetents. 

Yet we hoped that maybe we would get lucky -- that some competence in the mixture versus much larger incompetence would somehow prevail.

As Keim said in a recent podcast, agents (of coaches-personnel people) didn't love the idea of their clients to come here because the odds worked against them.

The whole operation is now different.   A complete 180.  An epicallly bad owner to what looks like to be a great owner at the helm -- that alone changes the narrative completely.  Now we got at the helm a GM with the best rep (according to the Athletic) among any of the possibilities that were available this off season-- to run things.  And now he's loading up the building with underlings who are all stars from all star organizations.

Heck a dude like Blackburn would be a sea change hire to run this FO based on rep and pedigree.  And this dude is #3 on the hierarchy.

We have gone from having name that incompetent villain running the ship to having Iron Man, Captain America, Thor all coming on board.  It's a radical change.  And that's an understatement.  There is ZERO that is analogous to false hope under Dan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's because no one worth any salt wanted to be around Snyder for more than 10 seconds.   He is seriously a cancer.   Adam Peters is absolutely killing it.....everyone wants to work with him and it ****ing shows!   

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The last twenty four years as a fan of this team:

Whipping Lisa Simpson GIF by The Simpsons

Now: 

giphy.gif?cid=5a38a5a25tzy421hi7ribse8zn9aijv1ombiqjrwoak7w5yu&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We have gone from having name that incompetent Villain running the ship to having Iron Man, Captain American, Thor all coming on board.  It's a radical change. 

a596bdf3743ddf87e0796805eac8aae4.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

One under-acknowledged issue with this fanbase is that right alongside an understandable slide in attention and attendance, and a rise in apathy, has been an undeniable rot in the overall communal intelligence of the fanbase. 

Many people are so used to the whiplash of tricking themselves into Snyder’s latest half-assed, surface-level attempt at “fixing things”, and then turning on it when they can no longer cope, that their ability to truly reason (in a football sense) is just broken. 

You have pockets of what I’d call educated, intelligent discussion and well-founded understanding of the league and how good organizations win…here on ES being one imo (and keeping this place this way has been hard fought). But overall I’m sorry to say, we have a dumb fanbase. Part of it is the outrage-focused, clickbait journalism that bad organizations foster in their followings. It’s a poor time for media everywhere across the world in general, but that’s exacerbated when you’re talking about the type of content these writers (and tweeters) feel they need to churn out to get the angry clicks of a disillusioned fanbase.

Outside of small communities like this where imo the flame of good discussion and debate never fully dimmed, this fanbase has been declining in football IQ and common sense for ages. That should start to turn around now, eventually. But your average twitter/facebook/radio listener type fan is an absolute moron. Maybe the entire league is like that but it seems particularly bad for this team. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Conn said:

One under-acknowledged issue with this fanbase is that right alongside an understandable slide in attention and attendance, and a rise in apathy, has been an undeniable rot in the overall communal intelligence of the fanbase. 

Many people are so used to the whiplash of tricking themselves into Snyder’s latest half-assed, surface-level attempt at “fixing things”, and then turning on it when they can no longer cope, that their ability to truly reason (in a football sense) is just broken. 

You have pockets of what I’d call educated, intelligent discussion and well-founded understanding of the league and how good organizations win…here on ES being one imo (and keeping this place this way has been hard fought). But overall I’m sorry to say, we have a dumb fanbase. Part of it is the outrage-focused, clickbait journalism that bad organizations foster in their followings. It’s a poor time for media everywhere across the world in general, but that’s exacerbated when you’re talking about the type of content these writers (and tweeters) feel they need to churn out to get the angry clicks of a disillusioned fanbase.

Outside of small communities like this where imo the flame of good discussion and debate never fully dimmed, this fanbase has been declining in football IQ and common sense for ages. That should start to turn around now, eventually. But your average twitter/facebook/radio listener type fan is an absolute moron. Maybe the entire league is like that but it seems particularly bad for this team. 

The Snyder effect.

giphy(16).gif.61cfeb44d76a230294bdd02d261475fc.gif

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Conn said:

I have a lot of words on this I would type but not a lot of time. Hopefully this half baked idea comes across they way it sounds in my head. 

Fear is a survival instinct that keeps us alive. You learn to fear the things that kill/hurt you/others around you. I think suspicion is similar thing in that it keeps you from getting your hopes up when you have learned that only leads to you getting down at some point. Honestly -- and very seriously -- being a fan of this franchise has been traumatic if you loved it enough. And I think all of that apathy and dumb reactionary stuff falls into the kind of instinct we have developed as a fan base that tells us that especially when things look good.....the end is always near and there is always something hiding in the shadows. 

I dont know that we ever get past it really. It makes it more fun to go balls to the walls and just enjoy what's happening. Kind of like jumping out of an emotional plane. But you gotta know the **** might crash. Again. 

• Like 3

Until you see benefits of us having a real nfl front office, it’s going take time.

So many are already predicting 10-11 wins and playoffs and if that doesn’t happen, they will be angry.

It’s going take 3-4 years to build us up into a real contending team.

Look at Detroit.  We can have a similar turnaround. The difference is we drafted our qb and they traded for theirs.

Josh spent 6 Billion. He knows there’s untapped goldmine there once we are winning regularly again. To get there, we have to have a top notch front office. Does that mean we won’t make mistakes, of course. We will have a strong front office to rebound from mistakes they make.

It’s going take a while to completely shake the 23 year Snyder trauma.

Posting this here more for Allen's overall statements abotu the team and it's direction. It's clear he is 100% on board. He even says near the end it feels more like when he played at Alabama. 

• Like 3

On 5/20/2024 at 2:45 PM, bwattsup said:

You really need to voice your displeasure more often good sir. You opened the floodgates of prosperity!

#bird_1972isasoothsayer

I'm happy to take one for the team!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing I really like about DQ approach is that he is looking at each players strength and abilities and will do all he can to maximize that. Unlike previous coaches, he won't try to fit a square peg in a round hole. This should be fun to watch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Llevron said:

I have a lot of words on this I would type but not a lot of time. Hopefully this half baked idea comes across they way it sounds in my head. 

Fear is a survival instinct that keeps us alive. You learn to fear the things that kill/hurt you/others around you. I think suspicion is similar thing in that it keeps you from getting your hopes up when you have learned that only leads to you getting down at some point. Honestly -- and very seriously -- being a fan of this franchise has been traumatic if you loved it enough. And I think all of that apathy and dumb reactionary stuff falls into the kind of instinct we have developed as a fan base that tells us that especially when things look good.....the end is always near and there is always something hiding in the shadows. 

I dont know that we ever get past it really. It makes it more fun to go balls to the walls and just enjoy what's happening. Kind of like jumping out of an emotional plane. But you gotta know the **** might crash. Again. 

Agree.  Cynicism is basically fear.  Tell yourself in advance its not going to work out or get your hopes up high and if things end up going awry you are emotionally protected from dissappointment and can also say i told you so.

Sports is a distraction that's meant to be fun.  And hope-excitement is a big part of.  It's cool to look forward to something in the future.  I get more jazzed about the build up sometimes to going to games than actually being at the games.  

If some can't get excited by potentially a franchise QB who is arguably the most exciting rookie prospect in the league sans Caleb, all star coaching staff, all star FO, all star owner -- then not sure what's needed to get excited?   This is a whole different orbit from the past.

To me the only thing that mutes my excitement some is typically a young QB with a brand new everything doesn't light the world on fire from the jump -- it is more likely to come in 2025.  But aside from that, this is as good as it gets since going as far back as the last SB run in the early 90s.

I get some are so beaten down that the variables of what made this team crash for decades aren't in the forefront of their minds where instead it all blends in.  It's part of the reason why I among others here like to remind every now and then about the variables.  Those variables aren't just VERY relevant but they IMO represent every reason why this team has been down for decades.   So when Dan-Bruce-Cerrato-Ron or whomever are brought up by me, its not to wallow in the misery of that era but to stress that we can enjoy the sun now because its night and day changed.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

20 hours ago, Llevron said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952p6dvi8zv2wi2kreh72d;)

• Thumb up 2

Jack K. hired Bobby B. the up and coming superstar from successes at 2 top teams to run his team and he gave him the control. Harris just did the same thing as Cooke, one of the best owners at that time, with the hiring of Adam Peters. The best of times being a Washington fan and a very bad day was when Bobby B. left and Cooke passed later. It just has the right course this time and that's why there is hope. We have a owner who understands and a GM with a vision now and that is a good start. It's also not hard to forget about the last 30 years and not think how bad it is going to turn out or not change. I believe it's not about having a bunch of dumb fans either, that do not see it this way. Same fans from all walks and ways of life.  It's just going to take longer for some fans. E.S. fans that have posted per the recent poll are 100% positive of Owner and GM, so far as I checked recently. Already like the way Harris and AP are putting their stamps on the team. Winning will bring back all the fans.    

• Like 2