Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

This is truly amazing. Like @Skinsinparadiseand @BatteredFanSyndrome said here, we can be fans with real, reason-based and rationalistic, hope again. Not the irrational and whimsical hope we had to force ourselves into under Dan. Or, worse, defend with a sort of madness at the expense of other fans who woke up and recognized the issue. 

It’s amazing what prioritizing the right things will do. We have a properly structured organization from the top, and because that was a priority, look at all the positives that came with it already. The level of talent acquisition at every level; coaching, player personnel, and front office, is obviously such an immense improvement over anything we’ve seen for 20+ years under that absolute moron we had running the show previously. Obvious to anyone with an ounce of football intellect, at least.  

Finally, it’s not all on the head coach. He’s not just a convenient marketing tool used by the owner to satisfy a fanbase brainwashed by the media that over emphasizes what they can do at the pro level. Quinn has a support network within the organization unlike any coach we’ve had under Dan and he gets to just stay in his lane as a coach while our legitimately qualified scouts and front office get him the players that can make his life easy. The structure is sound, priorities are right, and we’ve attracted top tier talent because of it. We have every reason to be super excited and shouldn’t hesitate to appreciate it! 

It doesn’t guarantee success, of course; the NFL is extremely competitive and many organizations, even within our division, have accumulated years of a head start on these organizational principles over us… but man, the odds of success now have improved dramatically in just a few short months. It’s awesome. It’s nothing short of a miracle, really.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 15

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 3:37 PM, PigskinRedskin said:

A thirty-one year old fast riser. Love it.

I may be old and stuffed, but even I can see the value in hiring young and hungry go getters.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Well, still plenty of time for one or both to depart.

If I heard correctly from some reporter, Mayhew is here to stay and his contract was extended.

Hurney i believe was reduced to a consultant this year and is expected to be gone. 

The more I digest reports from insider types -- the vibe I get is Mayhew wasn't the guy as to making calls during Ron's regime for the most part.  But it was the dynamic duo Ron and Hurney making the calls. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Smart people attract and want to work for other smart people. It creates a domino effect. 

Damn right!

“High achievers don’t like mediocre people and mediocre people don’t like high achievers, so you have to choose one and be one.”, Nick Saban

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He (Ben Johnson) just don’t got the makings of a varsity player.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

Remember when Adam Peters was mic'd up during the Senior Bowl and combine? He had so many people dapping him up and congratulating him. I get the sense that he's EXTREMELY well liked in the NFL and guys just wanna flock to work for him and build something special.

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Remember when Adam Peters was mic'd up during the Senior Bowl and combine? He had so many people dapping him up and congratulating him. I get the sense that he's EXTREMELY well liked in the NFL and guys just wanna flock to work for him and build something special.

For sure. His personality is infectious, you can tell from watching from afar. I also wonder how much of that often said and over used 'Washington is a storied franchise' stuff was actually true once Snyder was out of the picture. I have said for years that if someone was brave enough to want to turn this place around and talented enough to do it, they would have their next jobs made. Nothing could speak more loudly then turning this joke of a franchise into one of the best. Look at how wanted anyone from Detroit is viewed. That should attract talent all by itself. 

Who knows. Its fun as **** to watch. Its hard to imagine that we wont be seeing results from this at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I really think we’ve made the right GM pick, and then he made the right coach pick. Now things are starting to fall neatly into place. Washington is finally a great place to be for coaches and front office again, and soon it’ll be the same for players as well, perhaps as early as next offseason if this team shows promise. I still think it’ll take a playoff birth or 2 before the team can become truly loved by the fanbase, but once the winning starts, it won’t take long before the fanbase starts to get really excited and we will start to bring in new young fans.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

image.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3bc4343a598bc2c17f5247c1bdf2f103.jpeg

We literally hired an alcoholic who was in such denial that he thought he could do "controlled drinking". 

Then when he finally started to think about going cold turkey he completely fell off the wagon when a jealous Bruce Allen made sure he had a regular supply of Chivas Regal, telling him at one point, "You deserve a break Scotty given how hard you've been working. So I bought this 5th of the good stuff for ya. Enjoy!"

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be a graphic of text that says 'brandon @ @Jay @JayDanielsMVP In Commanders GM Adam Peter's S first year as GM: -Signed over 20 free agents during free agency -Added 9 players through the draft including a potential franchise -Added another 11 free agents after the draft (undrafted FAs) -Hired new pro scout from SF, Jack Quagliarello -Hired #Lions executive, Brandon Sosna -Hired #Ravens Director of College Scouting, David Blackburn Adam Peters is just getting started'

Man! Feels like living in a dream after a nightmare of last two decades. I feel so happy and sad at the same time. Being a fan for the last 20+ years, I don't even know how it feels like being a diehard fan of a perennial winner in NFL. Yes, I immigrated after Gibbs era SBs 😢 Here's to future success for this longing franchise, team, and fellow lifelong fans! 🙏

• Like 6