Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 2 - The Commanders @ The Broncos

zCommander

50 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have no idea who wins this game. Total crap shoot, but it'll be telling I think to see if things improve.

Oline communication

DBs catching the balls that hit their hands

Logan catching a football

Mixing up pass and run plays

Sam not holding the ball too long

Poor Logan haha. Man, dude looked like he was going to be a decent TE for us a while back for a hot minute. Maybe he'll surprise us all and absolutely go nuts this Sunday.

• Like 2

I think we win and win fairly comfortably if Howell has no turnovers. Broncos defense is really bad and we should be able to move the ball on them.

But I expect him to have at least one, which would still be an upgrade over last week. Any more than one though and we probably lose this week.

19 hours ago, DCtoCali said:

Chase was a FULL go for today’s practice.  Hopefully the doctor actually clears him to play, but we’ll see.  

I'm sure he'll play 11 snaps, get altitude sickness, and be out 3 weeks with nasal congestion. 

I think Washington wins this one pretty methodically. Howell will make a point to get the ball out of his hands on time or pull it down and run, which won't give Denver a chance to make big plays on defense. I don't think Wilson can do much against the defense himself, even though I'm sure they'll hit a play or two in the passing game (every team does in the league). 

I see a 24-10ish type win. 

• Haha 1

I was going back and forth in my head all week but if we are getting Young back and they are losing Clark that makes me think we can pull out a close win.

The D should be great again. Den's O is better than Ariz, but we should be able to keep them in check. As long as our O does not hand Den double digit points like they did vs Ariz, we should keep their scoring down.

I'm not sure our O will be very good, or put up a lot of points, but they don't need to as long as the D is ballin' out. If they are better than last week we should be OK.

We could really use big games from both Sweat and Young.

Edited by FootballZombie

44 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm not sure our O will be very good, or put up a lot of points, but they don't need to as long as the D is ballin' out. If they are better than last week we should be OK.

I think they can put up 23-26 points just about every week, which is very average IF THEY PLAY CLEAN FOOTBALL.

Limit the turnovers, convert makable third downs at a high percentage, make FGs when asked.  23 points (generally) = 2 TDs and 3 FGs.  That's 5 scoring drives.  That's 1.25 scoring drives per quarter.  Honestly, that's really not too much to ask.  

If they can get to 23-26 points per game, they will win more game than they lose with this defense.  

And I expect that to repeat itself Sunday.  

This is a big week for Ron.  Ron is now 3-1 (surprisingly) in openers, and might have been 4-0 if Gibson hadn't fumbled against San Diego.  

Week 2 has been a bit of a bugaboo, however.  1-2, with the one win being against the Giants in the game where Hopkins missed the game winner and then got a do-over and won it. 

Week 1 has been surprisingly good, week 2 has been bad.  THey got smashed in 2020 by the Cardinals (30-15), lucky and should have lost against the Giants (30-29), and lost a game they came back in but got blown out in the first half against the Lions (37-27).

We need some week 2 good mojo this week.

But the house of horrors for Ron Week is next week: Week 3, he's 0-3.  Lost to Cleveland, Buffalo and Eagles, and none have been really competitive.  

Eek for next week.  

But let's even up that record at 2-2 this week!

• Like 2

One thing they didn't do vs AZ last week was establish the run game.  BRob never got going.  If OL plays well and they can establish the run game, it will take a lot pressure off of Sam and they go play action off of that as well.  Obviously huge when you're playing on the road 

Edited by NoVaSkins21

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

My goodness. NYG got skunked last week and they are still nearly universal favs vs Ari...

Cardinals really suck.

I didn't expect us to be the favs but I thought we would have polled a bit better vs Den.

What do you expect? Four years into Ron's rebuild and Washington is hardly any better then when he got here..

• Like 1

For all the flak the O-line has received (some of it justified) I saw plenty of running lanes last week that were simply missed by the entire RB room.  We absolutely need more production from the RB position when taking on NFL defenses.  These defenses are going to test Howell every week, even the ones that aren't necessarily known for being aggressive, will amp it up because of Howell's inexperience.   When the RB's miss their assignments, we end up with a 2nd or 3rd & 7 instead of an & 3.....and that is going to drag down the offense.

Here is hoping they get on track this week.

Commanders 24

Broncos 17

10 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Liking the no love from national media pundits, except KMart

We have em right where we want em! 

9 hours ago, MartinC said:

Breakdown of Wilson from week 1. Didn’t look comfortable in the system.

And our D with Chases cheerleading should make him really uncomfortable week 2!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Liking the no love from national media pundits, except KMart

image.thumb.png.01186e3629f9be9d38e9bdaa3925b5b1.pngimage.thumb.png.5bf7802d45d9b63775137a3b5c30ad97.png

It goes with the territory.  If it weren’t for the Giants getting skunked at home on SNF, and the Bengals serving up a dud in Cleveland by only scoring 3 points, we might have been the most disappointing team on paper last Sunday.  We couldn’t cover versus the consensus worst team in the league AT HOME, and we were trailing them heading into the 4th Q. We deserve to be doubted until otherwise stated.  

If the Giants destroy the Cardinals on the road this Sunday, and we barely squeak by or lose to the offensively challenged Broncos, we’re going to be in big trouble going forward unfortunately.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2