Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 2 - The Commanders @ The Broncos

zCommander

44 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I travel to Denver for work reasons on a regular basis. Have to say I’ve never really felt the impact of altitude on sleep patterns etc. 

Then again my days as a world class athlete are probably behind me these days …

Any chance you can play RG? Or maybe if you're not up to it, maybe just a little LS?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Any chance you can play RG? Or maybe if you're not up to it, maybe just a little LS?

I’m 175. RG is not happening …

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

There's always the Senior Games.

I’d struggle in that these days. Sadly. 

I think it’s fair to say I’ve lost a yard …

• Like 1

Forgive me if this is the wrong place, haven't seen the information anywhere else here on ES. 

Any word on an official Team rally downtown Denver on Saturday night?  If there's going to be one at all?  

The Commanders fans of Denver group is having a big tailgate on Sunday, Lot C.  Organizer will be flying a Maryland natty boh flag. There will be food. BYOBW.  If anybody stops by and you see a tall, bald, incredibly handsome lightskinned dude, say what's up! 

HTTR/HTTC :headbang:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Forgive me if this is the wrong place, haven't seen the information anywhere else here on ES. 

Any word on an official Team rally downtown Denver on Saturday night?  If there's going to be one at all?  

The Commanders fans of Denver group is having a big tailgate on Sunday, Lot C.  Organizer will be flying a Maryland natty boh flag. There will be food. BYOBW.  If anybody stops by and you see a tall, bald, incredibly handsome lightskinned dude, say what's up! 

HTTR/HTTC :headbang:

Not sure if it is an "official" rally but there is something from 6-8 PM at Tom's Watch Bar next to Coors Field

• Thumb up 1

55 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Not sure if it is an "official" rally but there is something from 6-8 PM at Tom's Watch Bar next to Coors Field

Nice!  Thank you. I wonder if that's Rally Captain's event, I think his unofficial rally is from 6-8. 

We're gonna be up in Boulder until 11ish for the Buffs game but hoping to get back to Denver in time for the tail end of a B&G event. Doesn't sound like anything going on that late, though.  

Hopefully get to see you and other folks on Sunday for the tailgate in Lot C!  :beavisnbutthead:

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I have no idea who wins this game. Total crap shoot, but it'll be telling I think to see if things improve.

Oline communication

DBs catching the balls that hit their hands

Logan catching a football

Mixing up pass and run plays

Sam not holding the ball too long

Think this game hinges on Sam playing within himself. No turnovers, throw the ball away as necessary, don't force things. If the team as a whole does the same, to include penalties and EB calls a game that does not make Sam the focal point, call a game that does not force the OL to do more than the basics , I think we win. Patience in this game is warranted.

I feel Sam has the intangibles to be a starter in this league, just needs the time to develop and learn. What scares me is this coaching staff putting too much on him knowing they need results this season. Rivera obviously needs a good year and EB needs to show he is worthy of consideration for HC gigs. Not a good combo for QB long term development.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Think this game hinges on Sam playing within himself. No turnovers, throw the ball away as necessary, don't force things. If the team as a whole does the same, to include penalties and EB calls a game that does not make Sam the focal point, call a game that does not force the OL to do more than the basics , I think we win. Patience in this game is warranted.

I feel Sam has the intangibles to be a starter in this league, just needs the time to develop and learn. What scares me is this coaching staff putting too much on him knowing they need results this season. Rivera obviously needs a good year and EB needs to show he is worthy of consideration for HC gigs. Not a good combo for QB long term development.

I fell like Sam should keep playing like Sam and hope he gets better at it. Will he be dynamic like Mahomes or will he be a nut like Josh Allen? Let's find out.

• Haha 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I fell like Sam should keep playing like Sam and hope he gets better at it. Will he be dynamic like Mahomes or will he be a nut like Josh Allen? Let's find out.

I agree to an extent but the coaches need to have the patience and still call a game that does not make him the focal point, especially behind this line. This line scares the crap out of me and its going to force Howell to get frustrated and take chances that if he had better protection he might not take which increases injury (Howell is not going to back down, its who he is) and the inevitable turnovers. This staff is in a win this year frame of mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I agree to an extent but the coaches need to have the patience and still call a game that does not make him the focal point, especially behind this line. This line scares the crap out of me and its going to force Howell to get frustrated and take chances that if he had better protection he might not take which increases injury (Howell is not going to back down, its who he is) and the inevitable turnovers. This staff is in a win this year frame of mind.

Every coach this time of year is in win now mode.

Sam's a pea****, you gotta let him fly.