Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 2 - The Commanders @ The Broncos

zCommander

DEN should be able to get QB Pressures consistently, just like all the other 30 teams in the NFL.

It'll be up to Sam H. He has to improve where it's obvious. Can't have tape that exposes weakness that carryover uncorrected week to week.

Good game for EB to show how skilled/savvy he can be.

Expecting DEN to hang around make it a FG win/lose type of game.

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

First off, Word-a-day calendar alert. "Anathema", who you tryin' to impress?

Second That has nothing to do with any kind of animosity towards us.

We are just irrelevant until we prove otherwise.

Is there a reason you find it necessary to question my choice of vocabulary? Did I say something in another thread to upset you? I try incredibly hard to show respect for everyone here. Is it too much to ask for you to reciprocate that sentiment?

I will say in my defense (although I'm not sure why I have to defend myself at all) that I have a degree in American Literature, and I am an author. I used a word to convey the sensibility of the mediots out there who seemingly cover all of the anemic teams in pregame while forgoing to mention us -- a team under new management, who, by the way, played to a sold out stadium in a very very long time. I'm a fan; I'm tired of unscrupulous pundits toting a banner of hate against a team whose hated owner is no longer here. An owner for whom I had a deep ANATHEMA. 😁

Just now, Drfustercluck said:

Is there a reason you find it necessary to question my choice of vocabulary? Did I say something in another thread to upset you? I try incredibly hard to show respect for everyone here. Is it too much to ask for you to reciprocate that sentiment?

Not antagonistic.

I make fun of everybody who busts out the SAT words.

I enjoy it. I learn a new word and the process of making a joke helps w/ retention.

Ask @Conn lol

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Not antagonistic.

I make fun of everybody who busts out the SAT words.

I enjoy it. I learn a new word and the process of making a joke helps w/ retention.

Ask @Conn lol

If it's any consolation, I learned anathema from an exchange between George Costanza and Jerry Seinfeld. If you had said "How long have you been waiting to use that word?", I would've died. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Denver will win in a low-scoring game 20-17.  The offense still looks pedestrian.

Nope. Not low scoring. We won instead. :) 

On 9/13/2023 at 6:54 AM, Chris 44 said:

Yeah but you still have to factor in the "skintangibles".

That was a great comeback for the "skintangibles" :D