Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 2 - The Commanders @ The Broncos

zCommander

• zCommander changed the title to The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Broncos

I watched DEN game and it was clear they'll have no real passing game. They'll run to open up passing lanes. Wilson vs Howell, I take the guy with more open targets which will be Howell. DEN has no real EDGE rushers that scare you but Howell has to be better to not take sacks or hits.

Too close to call, so I'd take WSH +3.5

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

• zCommander changed the title to The Game Prediction Thread - Week 2 - The Commanders @ The Broncos

I think this will be a low scoring slopfest.  Denver didn't impress much at all on offense last week, and their defense let Jimmy G run for the late 3rd down conversion to get the 1st down and secure the Raiders win.  Washington's offense also didn't impress much last week, and the same questions we had about the O-Line in the offseason continue to persist now into the regular season.  Since both these teams are lacking on the offensive side of the ball, I'm going with the team that has the better defense, and luckily that's Washington.  Both teams will struggle to score on offense, but I think the Washington Defense gets the job done and forces a turnover for a score that will ultimately make the difference in this contest:

Washington 20

Denver 16

Edited by samy316

I’m going with my heart and not my head.  Commanders play clean offensive football.  Defense dominates.  

Commanders - 26

Broncos - 16

Sean Payton after the game drop kicks Wilson from the top of the stadium.

As bad as our deal for Wentz was, the deal for Wilson has started out far worse.  More draft capital AND a huge new contract AND he isn’t great.  We got out of our mistake with 1 year and 2 3rd round picks.  

They have no defense. 

They weren't stopping the LV drives. 

They have special teams - no kicker (missed an XP, a FG and an onside kick)

Their punter was averaging 40 yards per punt. 

Wilson's completed passes were to Williams, Dulcich, McLaughlin, Sutton, Perine, Trautman, Mims, Humphrey.

I mean I don't recognize any of those names other than Sutton and Williams and Perine. Williams and Perine are RBs.

The others are unestablished TEs 

This will NOT be Russell Wilson's comeback game. 

We win 24 - 13. 

• Like 2

Hilarious, I peeked in on a Bronco's board and noticed some Commanders fan started a thread over there.  Their fans sound defeated.  LOL

I have accepted tank mode.  Please kick Wilson's butt.  Defeat us by one score.  Thank you for your service

Your team will have an easy time of it. Don't worry, they will be 2-0 after Sunday

No banana, no tailpipe. The Commanders will win this game.

If losing by a single point were an Olympic sport, the Broncos would undoubtedly be the reigning gold medalists…

Our team sucks. That is all!

There will be a ton of commanders fans at Mile die… enjoy!

Enjoy the win Im sure the Commanders fans that bought my tickets will. The quality of our team is straight garbage but they got a new screen. Caleb Williams or bust

You will enjoy a win. The Broncos are an absolute mess.

• Haha 5

Our D-line kills Russ. He was too worried about 50 Cent whose been living rent free in his head recently.  In order for Ciara to cash in on his life insurance, she will have to fill the QB position on the team. Something tells me she loves donkeys. 

172-1. Washington. Ciara kicked an extra point at halftime. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

From what my Bronco fan friend told me, Wilson and the offense didn't actually look that bad. The problem is they only had six offensive possessions because their defense, particularly on 3rd down, was atrocious. Its basically Surtain, Simmons, and nine UPS truck drivers.

We should score more points but I still don't trust this OL.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

So I'm looking at stuff some more and take this for what its worth, PFF is not gospel. 

These are their CBs

Pat Surtain has a score of 82.2, which means that could be a good matchup. 

But Damarri Mathis has a score of 27.8 and he was their second best corner. So is that a good day for our Number 2 and 3 WRs? 

Lets Check on their Safeties

Kareem Jackson has a PFF score of 65.8 

Justin Simmons has a PFF score of 40.4

Lets look at their LBs

Alex Singleton has a PFF score of 90.4

Josey Jewell has a PFF score of 79.3

Lets look at their DL

Frank Clark has a PFF grade of 48.3 

Randy Gregory has a PFF grade of 56.9

Jonathan Cooper has a PFF score of 68.9

Jonathan Harris has a pff grade of 36.0

Mike Purcell has a PFF grade of 61.6

Does that look scary? Overpowering? I don't think so

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going with my heart and not my head.  Commanders play clean offensive football.  Defense dominates.  

Commanders - 26

Broncos - 16

Sean Payton after the game drop kicks Wilson from the top of the stadium.

As bad as our deal for Wentz was, the deal for Wilson has started out far worse.  More draft capital AND a huge new contract AND he isn’t great.  We got out of our mistake with 1 year and 2 3rd round picks.  

He looked better last Sunday. But was very clearly  playing within the system - lots and lots of check downs and quick game.

They hardly threw the ball vertically at all. If Jeudy is back that could change.