Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Missing Submersible Vessel Disappears During Dive to the Titanic Wreck Site

China

By all accounts I’ve ever heard blink 182 puts on a good show.  They’re headlining places on their recent tour because of it. 

at one festival barker led a group of like 100 point back into a small area of the woods and did a 60-90 minute percussion performance for them. My buddy wound up tagging along and said it was awesome. Apparently it’s a thing he does at festivals. 🤷‍♂️ 

the banging sound theory sounds like aimlessly floating around the ocean. Sounds like a terrible way to die. 

35 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I can show evals if anyone wants to claim I'm being a keyboard expert

Be careful in case you get dinged by a Mod. One of the less-known Tailgate rules is 'no classified docs'.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and the report of banging sounds blows a big hole in my catastrophic structure failure theory.

I did hear one of the experts saying that nondestructive inspections couldn't be done and I'm calling horse**** on that.  I submit my resume doing NDI work on JSF and Presidential Helo as proof of my expertise.  I can show evals if anyone wants to claim I'm being a keyboard expert.  That goes for anything else I claim to be knowledgeable on also.  Feel free to ask about my experience. 

Not trying to be a pessimist, but that "banging" could've been anything...or nothing.

18 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Not trying to be a pessimist, but that "banging" could've been anything...or nothing.

The report I heard was saying a banging pattern at half hour intervals was heard.  Lots of possible sources but the most likely is the people are/were still alive.

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I'm sorry, but I find it funny that no one feels sorry for these people. I noticed the same thing that happened here recently with that plane that flew over NOVA and crashed in W.VA. Everyone was worried and concerned...until they found out they were rich.They didn't even get thoughts and prayers. Its almost like everyday people see the amount of money the wealthy spend on bull**** and are starting the resent the rich. 250k is a lot of money to die a slow, terrifying death...if they weren't crushed to death. People are thinking what they could do with that money in their lives and seeing what these fools decided to do.

There's a fine line to walk for being sad for some people and not feeling sorry for them, IMO.

I don't feel sorry for them because they knew the risks.  And if they didn't, they were idiots...I mean, I don't think water pressure at the bottom of the ocean and the dangers involved with it need to be explained, let alone it's ****ing dark down there and something can go wrong.  I'm assuming they had to sign all sorts of waivers to do this exploration.

I do find it sad that these people are most likely losing their lives in a pretty awful way.  It has to be a terrifying way to go.

People do resent the rich, I find it odd.  Social media makes it easier for people to worry about everyone but themselves and talk **** about people.  Like I said before, it's jealousy.  You can't tell me that a good chunk of the people who talk **** about these people on twitter wouldn't find it "dope af" to do the same thing and be down there taking selfies next to the Titanic and bragging about it on Instagram/Twitter if given the chance.  

But it's easier to sit around and talk **** about people who are wealthy.  Misery loves company.  I dunno, I don't really get it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

People do resent the rich, I find it odd.  Social media makes it easier for people to worry about everyone but themselves and talk **** about people.  Like I said before, it's jealousy.  You can't tell me that a good chunk of the people who talk **** about these people on twitter wouldn't find it "dope af" to do the same thing and be down there taking selfies next to the Titanic and bragging about it on Instagram/Twitter if given the chance.  

No thanks. I have zero interest in the Titanic. I don't take selfies either. 🤷‍♂️

Now if I was a billionaire I would buy a private island to get as far away as i can from stupid mother****ers that populate our society. 

So there will be a total of ten ships looking for these rich bozos soon. Let me take a wild guess at who's paying the bill for that ****. The American and Canadian taxpayers. 😒

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

No thanks. I have zero interest in the Titanic. I don't take selfies either. 🤷‍♂️

Now if I was a billionaire I would buy a private island to get as far away as i can from stupid mother****ers that populate our society. 

So there will be a total of ten ships looking for these rich bozos soon. Let me take a wild guess at who's paying the bill for that ****. The American and Canadian taxpayers. 😒

Look at you and me sharing a brain. That's exactly what I'd do and I wouldn't be taking selfies either.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I do have a real problem with that. 

Also I did try to organize a group to buy an island. It’s not nearly as expensive as you would imagine.

but everyone was a sissy and I can’t do it by myself so we’re stuck in NOVA hellscape instead 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Also I did try to organize a group to buy an island. It’s not nearly as expensive as you would imagine.

Yeah the problem isn't the cost of the island itself. It's really the construction, maintenance, and cost of living on one. 

British Columbia has a bunch of inexpensive islands for example. Theys all undeveloped and out in the middle of nowhere. No grocery deliveries would be a deal breaker. All this city living done spoiled me. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah the problem isn't the cost of the island itself. It's really the construction, maintenance, and cost of living on one. 

British Columbia has a bunch of inexpensive islands for example. Theys all undeveloped and out in the middle of nowhere. No grocery deliveries would be a deal breaker. All this city living done spoiled me. 🤣

well then you’re not cut out for island  life. You’re a sissy. ;)

there are places that’ll waive taxes for like 20-40 years if you build a 30k structure. Which, water and waste treatment will cover.  I had all the finances worked out including what needed to be saved for future taxes. 

but yeah you’re gonna have to live off the land. 

One person got concerned because of pirates. They were kicked out of the group. They objected to guns, which was a nonstarter to begin with, but when they raised the issue of pirates and then objected to guns it was like well you’re a dumb dumb so you’re out. 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

I do have a real problem with that. 

but everyone was a sissy and I can’t do it by myself so we’re stuck in NOVA hellscape instead 

I don't remember this.

I definitely resent the crazy rich and this is exactly why. What a stupid and avoidable way to die. At least cut me a check first. 

I have no sympathy for them. I mean how could I when you consider how regular people die in this country. At least get shot to death like an American. 

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't remember this.

He didn't ask us because he is an elitist. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Buying a private island would be cool. Until you consider utilities and food. If you aren't too far from land and you can get food delivered via boat every 2-3 weeks and you had a big refrigerator and freezer on the island, you'd be okay. 

But you'd also need some serious solar power generation to make sure you can have longstanding power. Digging well. Septic. etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Buying a private island would be cool. Until you consider utilities and food. If you aren't too far from land and you can get food delivered via boat every 2-3 weeks and you had a big refrigerator and freezer on the island, you'd be okay. 

But you'd also need some serious solar power generation to make sure you can have longstanding power. Digging well. Septic. etc. 

buying a private island would be cool if someone else built everything and you just bought it from them.  Maybe made a few changes to get it just how you like it. The headache of having materials and constriction done on a difficult to reach island would be a huge pain in the butt.  

Also you’d really have to think carefully about who you invited to join you in the perfect place to commit murder.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

And then the island you bought and moved to succumbs to a tsunami and they can't find your body...and everyone on ES makes jokes about your probable death, because you spent your money on a private island where you could have spent that money on helping the underprivileged and homeless and moved to Iowa instead, where there's no chance of a tsunami ever killing you.

Because that's how the internet folks role.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Destino said:

buying a private island would be cool if someone else built everything and you just bought it from them.  Maybe made a few changes to get it just how you like it. The headache of having materials and constriction done on a difficult to reach island would be a huge pain in the butt.  

Also you’d really have to think carefully about who you invited to join you in the perfect place to commit murder.  

I hear the old Epstein place is available for a price. 

• Haha 2

Also, I like Blink-182’s music.

Not enough to go to a concert. Especially while not knowing if my missing dad was crushed by 15,000 psi in the absolute blackness of deep ocean.

But I do like some of their songs. Sue me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Also, I like Blink-182’s music.

Not enough to go to a concert. Especially while not knowing if my missing dad was crushed by 15,000 psi in the absolute blackness of deep ocean.

But I do like some of their songs. Sue me.

Beal and Bang are just mad that the state looks down on sodomy.

Spoiler

What's my age again?

Edited by The Evil Genius