Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Missing Submersible Vessel Disappears During Dive to the Titanic Wreck Site

China

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Buying a private island would be cool. Until you consider utilities and food. If you aren't too far from land and you can get food delivered via boat every 2-3 weeks and you had a big refrigerator and freezer on the island, you'd be okay. 

But you'd also need some serious solar power generation to make sure you can have longstanding power. Digging well. Septic. etc. 

you gotta homestead. Coconut and catfish 💯

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

While I agree the government shouldn't ban people from going to the bottom of the ocean in a mountain dew can, I find it ironic how many of us are also bothered by spending government money and resources, like multiple countries navies, to find them.

Don't want government stopping them...Bold enough to say don't want government looking for them either, or have to disconnect the two?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

While I agree the government shouldn't ban people from going to the bottom of the ocean in a mountain dew can, I find it ironic how many of us are also bothered by spending government money and resources, like multiple countries navies, to find them.

Don't want government stopping them...Bold enough to say don't want government looking for them either, or have to disconnect the two?

Government spending is absurd. I don’t give a Frenchman’s **** if they need to print more money to save some people.  

Arguing about what the expense for attempting to save these people is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

I got to work that analogy into this thread, my work here is done. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Government spending is absurd. I don’t give a Frenchman’s **** if they need to print more money to save some people.  

Arguing about what the expense for attempting to save these people is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

I got to work that analogy into this thread, my work here is done. 

Just tax them so when they do dumb **** like this you won't have to read posts by assholes like me about who's paying for this "search and rescue" operation. 🤣

Or better yet tax them even more so they don't have money to piss away on submarine voyages to the Titanic or hot air Ballon trips circumnavigating the globe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Just tax them so when they do dumb **** like this you won't have to read posts by assholes like me about who's paying for this "search and rescue" operation. 🤣

Or better yet tax them even more so they don't have money to piss away on submarine voyages to the Titanic or hot air Ballon trips circumnavigating the globe.

Taxes fix everything!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, but this also like live training…. So if a military vessel goes now it hasn’t been 30 years since anyone has done something similar.  The government spends a lot of money and those ships would be doing something anyway..

• Like 1

I don't mind sending a ship over to help with tech that could be used until hope of rescue is gone. But don't waste too much time for any recovery operation.
These folks didn't just ask for this trouble, they ****ing well demanded it and laughed at anyone who questioned what they were doing, including actual knowledgeable people who failed their idea every step of the way.

They're on the high seas, they ignored every warning, their families can decide what to do with hauling them up.
My bet is they go see Blink 182, Good Charlotte and Lit at he big 90s GarbageFest coming up this summer.

~Bang

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah there are far better ways to get thrills. For me that's the line between doing something risky and doing something reckless. Skydiving? Risky, but overall very safe if you do it right. Traveling down to the bottom of the ocean in a poorly thought out tin can controlled by a PS2 gaming pad? Reckless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

No they’re perfectly in line with each other

a bunch of billionaires did something super risky for a thrill vacation

why are tax payers supposed to spend millions trying to find them?

researchers or navy people is one thing. 

these people? Nah, they put themselves in a stupid situation, they can figure their way out of it

(which the fact they got on a container that doesn’t open from the inside is also their fault) 

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

you gotta homestead. Coconut and catfish 💯

For real these people about being close enough to land to grub hub and construction

good luck with your billion dollar island 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

52 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Children of wealthy people being weird is not at all surprising. If you’ve ever spent much time with this particular crowd, or even just paid attention to them, you immediately understand why hereditary monarchy was an incredibly bad idea.  

• Thumb up 2

You can’t straddle the line of funny and dark any better than that

Along those lines:

Billionaires: ok you can have money for food but only for your children and only a little

Also billionaire: I’m lost on vacation please send the US coast guard and Canadian coast guard

• Like 3