Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Trump demands cameras in courtroom for potential election fraud case

Donald Trump’s new lawyer will ask a judge to allow cameras in a federal courtroom if the one-term president is indicted with January 6 election fraud charges by the Department of Justice.

“I would hope that the Department of Justice would join in that effort so that we can take the curtain away and all Americans can see what’s happening,” attorney John Lauro said in an appearance on Fox News.

The problem for Mr Lauro is that courtroom photographing and broadcasting are banned in federal court under the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.

“Except as otherwise provided by a statute or these rules, the court must not permit the taking of photographs in the courtroom during judicial proceedings or the broadcasting of judicial proceedings from the courtroom,” the rule states.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

New indictments coming on Thursday I predict.

I hope so. I was reading a thread earlier today discussing the wire fraud charges the DOJ will likely seek re: 'Stop the Steal' money grab. The person speculated that It's likely to include peeps associated with the RNC as they were part of the mailers that were sent to all of the suckers who gave money. Further speculation that it's a DOJ slam dunk based on info publicly available. We'll see...

• Like 3

I really don't want them to televise it. It's exactly what Orange Turd and his right wing allies want, because his and their entire jobs will then be as screeching monkeys throwing poop at everything. He'll do whatever he can to ensure it turns it into a compete circus. Jack Smith knows this very well so I'd be shocked if they didn't push back on it hard.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

I really don't want them to televise it. It's exactly what Orange Turd and his right wing allies want, because his and their entire jobs will then be as screeching monkeys throwing poop at everything. He'll do whatever he can to ensure it turns it into a compete circus. Jack Smith knows this very well so I'd be shocked if they didn't push back on it hard.

This is why it shouldn't be televised. He's not going to testify anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I want to believe that if it was televised, and he was so obviously guilty and a liar, that it would help us creep back into the direction of normal public discourse.  

But then I remember we are talking about people that watched a virus ravage all human life on the planet for 2 years while simultaneously saying it was fake while at the same time all of their thought leaders who told them it was fake got vaccinated against it or ****ing died because they didn't. 

He could say he did it on national television and they would ****ing thank him for it. We all know it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This is why it shouldn't be televised. He's not going to testify anyway.

Exactly.  He's been a punk-ass kid since he was a punk-ass kid.  Never learned to be a functional member of society. 

I'm with @China.  Just let me know when to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I want to believe that if it was televised, and he was so obviously guilty and a liar, that it would help us creep back into the direction of normal public discourse.  

But then I remember we are talking about people that watched a virus ravage all human life on the planet for 2 years while simultaneously saying it was fake while at the same time all of their thought leaders who told them it was fake got vaccinated against it or ****ing died because they didn't. 

He could say he did it on national television and they would ****ing thank him for it. We all know it. 

Pretty sure we watched J6 live.  Or nearly so.  But a large chunk have been convinced that "it was all fake".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure we watched J6 live.  Or nearly so.  But a large chunk have been convinced that "it was all fake".  

I can confirm this. Conservative family members, on what happened on J6: "It was just people walking through the Capitol". And still convinced that the 2020 election was stolen. They can't be made to see reality. It's frightening, frustrating, and all around sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Switchgear said:

I can confirm this. Conservative family members, on what happened on J6: "It was just people walking through the Capitol". And still convinced that the 2020 election was stolen. They can't be made to see reality. It's frightening, frustrating, and all around sad.

And all because what?  Because they can't stand to empathize with people of different political views?  

I have a friend like this and we both know where we are at.  When we put it on the table and talked about it, it was clear that we both live in a different political reality... and we were both pretty incredulous about it.  The "bomb" that set it off was COVID... but there was still the whole, "I believe our political leaders are blood drinking, child sacrificing pedos...". 

• Sad 2

The federal rules against courtroom photography are the rules.  Team Trump is only asking for it to be televised so when they get rejected (because THE RULES) Trump can claim that "THEY" are hiding something, and call into question the very legitimacy of the court, the DOJ, and our entire justice system.  But really, they're just following the rules.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I sent the following message to MSNBC corporate. 

Hello! Longtime watcher of NBC News programs and MSNBC nightly. I know it's hard to report on anything other that what's happening legally to Trump. I really want to watch positive news reporting on what President Biden and his administration have done and are doing for our country and We the People. Especially on Deadline: White House. Trump isn't in the White House any longer. Biden is there and we need to see more positive news about the accomplishments. 

More Biden. Less Trump. Please!

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Switchgear said:

My hairdresser was there.  Swears she saw nothing going wrong. 

We yell at each other alot when I'm in the chair.  We waited tables together when she was first getting started.

I only see her when it's absolutely necessary nowadays, which is so "not me". 

• Sad 1

I hope I’m wrong, but justice will not prevail here. Trump won’t see a second of prison time and will not be part of any harsher punishments that I would love to see happen. I have a feeling he gets away with it all with a slap on the wrist. He will still run for president which is beyond scary. 

it’s going to be as it always has for him. He will be slide right on by like a walrus on a sheet of ice. 

I really hope they are looking into Kushner and his 2 billion payoff as well.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus