Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think it's a matter of if he'll be indicted, but when, how many times and by whom.

Looks like first will be NY, second will be GA, and the DOJ lagging behind in third.

While I think he will eventually be convicted, I'm not convinced that he will ever serve any jail time.  For example, in the DOJ documents case, if convicted he can be sentenced to just fines, and not necessarily jail time.  I also wonder whether he will be allowed home confinement for any other charges he may be convicted of.

• Thumb up 1

Which thread was this document dump posted and discussed in?

im total lost right now …

edit: ok. Found the articles. I’ll believe it when I see it but also I’m curious how effective his calls for protest will be. What does that look like

Edited by tshile

I’ll believe it when I see it.  (And I really want to see it!)  I’m also not happy that it seems to be DA Bragg.  He’s made national headlines repeatedly as one of these activist DAs that wants to unilaterally change how the law is applied.  He specializes in not pushing felony charges for crimes in which they clearly should.  But he knows better.  He’s also publicly caved to political pressure twice.

republicans were always going to say these charges were political, but with this DA the story writes itself.  

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

What culture is being "killed" exactly? 🤔

White supremacist culture.  

Which, of course, does not actually exist.  That's why we're passing laws that make it a felony for a teacher to say that it does.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

'Disgraceful' Kevin McCarthy buried for new plan to tamper with Trump investigations

Historian Michael Beschloss dropped the hammer on House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) on Saturday morning after McCarthy announced he was directing the GOP heads of the "relevant" House committees to run interference for Donald Trump as he faces multiple criminal investigations.

Trump created a stir early Saturday morning when he claimed on Truth Social that he expects to be arrested on Tuesday — then encouraged his fans in his all-caps post: "PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!"

That led Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) to rant on Twitter, "Republicans in Congress MUST subpoena these communists and END this! We have the power to do it and we also have the power to DEFUND their salaries and departments! Enough of this!"

Moments later, McCarthy, the putative leader of the House Republicans, tweeted, "Here we go again — an outrageous abuse of power by a radical DA who lets violent criminals walk as he pursues political vengeance against President Trump. I’m directing relevant committees to immediately investigate if federal funds are being used to subvert our democracy by interfering in elections with politically motivated prosecutions."

After McCarthy's tweet was read on MSNBC's "The Saturday Show" by host Jonathan Capehart, Beschloss joined the host in expressing his disgust.

"I'm totally with you, Jonathan, in the way that you have reacted to this almost disgraceful tweet that Kevin McCarthy has put out and I don't use that word often to describe speakers of the House," he began. "He is interfering with the process of the rule of law; this is a duly elected D.A. in New York who we don't even know what's going to happen yet or what the grand jury is going to do. But the speaker of the House has absolutely no business interfering with this process, siding with one side, Donald Trump's side, and also saying that he is going to investigate the use of federal funds to interfere."

"This is him talking, with our elections, in effort with what he calls, politically motivated prosecutors," he elaborated. "It's not his business to get involved in the legal process, and it also raises another question, Jonathan, which is as, you have said, Donald Trump has put out this statement only a few hours ago, calling on people to nationally protest his possible arrest. He is claiming he is going to be arrested."

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1