Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Speaking of washed up players, I was just watching the highlights from our 2019 mud bowl with the 49ers and a name came up that I had completely forgotten about: Matt Ioannidis. I had a huge crush on him for being able to ragdoll Zeke with ease. Crazy to think he bounced from the Panthers after a single season and hasn't gotten signed all offseason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Speaking of washed up players, I was just watching the highlights from our 2019 mud bowl with the 49ers and a name came up that I had completely forgotten about: Matt Ioannidis. I had a huge crush on him for being able to ragdoll Zeke with ease. Crazy to think he bounced from the Panthers after a single season and hasn't gotten signed all offseason.

And settle didn't do a heck of a lot last year either, certainly nothing that jumps off the page like we missed out on a breakout player.

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

And settle didn't do a heck of a lot last year either, certainly nothing that jumps off the page like we missed out on a breakout player.

People were so up in arms about us letting them walk for nothing, too. Pretty funny stuff.

I was a pro Baker guy and thought our Dline wouldn't recover without him, so we've all been there I suppose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

People were so up in arms about us letting them walk for nothing, too. Pretty funny stuff.

I was a pro Baker guy and thought our Dline wouldn't recover without him, so we've all been there I suppose.

Arguably the worst downriver effect of those decisions was the obvious need pick debacle of Mathis (though the Payne uncertainty also contributed). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

Arguably the worst downriver effect of those decisions was the obvious need pick debacle of Mathis (though the Payne uncertainty also contributed). 

I won't defend the Mathis pick, but how much did Settle and Ioannides make?

I call it the Reverse Ashburn Syndrome, where once they leave, they must be good.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Surely Crowder has enough left in the tank to take touches from Dax Milne.

One can hope.

He's only 30 and not a RB, so its not like he's some broken down machine.

Plus he has actually been productive in the NFL before. He gives us a hedge against Terry, and an option to move away from the guy who is .5 yards away from being a human lawn dart on punts.

Can't be good for Kaz tho. Boy did he play himself into the doghouse.

3 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Not a good sign for Terry if we signed Crowder... makes we wonder if the team is milking the day to day tag until Sunday to keep AZ guessing, just to shut Terry down for a couple of weeks.

Maybe.

But I think they would've signed Crowder to the main roster,  and not the practice squad, if they were that worried about McLaurin's toe.

We'll find out Sunday.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Maybe.

But I think they would've signed Crowder to the main roster,  and not the practice squad, if they were that worried about McLaurin's toe.

We'll find out Sunday.

Crowder can play on Sunday from the practice squad without being signed or promoted to the 53-man roster.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Maybe.

We'll find out Sunday.

I took this as more of a testament about Milne than McLaurin.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Oh what tangled webs we weave.

12/24 we play the Jets. 

Rodgers should be long broken by then leaving Wilson the starter.

That would be the time for Milne to get into Wilsons head, and his mom!

Now that's a web or webs!

Edited by DWinzit
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Crowder can play on Sunday from the practice squad without being signed or promoted to the 53-man roster.

Only 3 times though. I think if he shows he can still play he ends up on the 53 at the expense of Dax Milne. When you are a back end of the roster utility guy your VERY best ability is your availability. If are not available you will be replaced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To set the record straight:

Zach Wilson’s ex-girlfriend started dating Milne —but after she claimed she'd already broken up with Zack Wilson because Zack had been cheating on her by sleeping with Zack Wilson's mom’s best friend.

Naturally social media spun it lots of ways, mainly because texts and tweets are short and are easily misinterpreted.  (Oddly, Wilson never confirmed or even acknowledged the matter.)

Frankly, Dax Milne seemed like a reasonable guy, at least of what I've found online about  his background.  But its hard to look good in a situation when you pick up a girlfriend who happened to be on the rebound from someone you know.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, NickyJ said:

I didn't realize that was a record that needed to be straightened. Zach Wilson is a twerp and people are repulsed by twerps. The directions they go when they're repelled isn't our business.

LOL at Twerp :ols:

I thought he was more known as a douchebag than a twerp actually, lol. 

• Haha 2