Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

20 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Yep. I don't care if it's Bakhtiari or not. I just want us to show some ambition towards building a stout, effective, offensive line. Rivera, Mayhew, and company did it for the defensive line. Some could argue that an offensive line is even more pivotal. I love our qbs, rbs, and wrs. I like our TE's but none of that is relevant without atleast a pretty good oline. It's beyond frustrating. I hope and pray that they can gel and become a decent unit. They are definitely quicker, more athletic, and can get out and pull better than Norwell and Turner but then again so could Lizzo. I guess we'll get a better indicator on Monday night.

I now have a picture of Lizzo wearing a 68 jersey running at me....thanks for that yuck :ols:

Edited by DWinzit
  • Haha 4

On 8/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, mhd24 said:

Too injury prone.  He's aging.  Why would GB be trading him when they have a young QB in Love to protect and want to evaluate him?  Sounds like GB wants a sucker to take on his contract to me.

He’s best friends with Rodgers and Rodgers just took a massive paycut. They will do the deal to keep him happy, 

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harbaugh is going to play to win this game.  Which, fine, ok.  Odd but ok.  

It's interesting because I keep reading Ravens fan comments in comment sections and on twitter, claiming that they don't give a flying crap about the streak. Some even say that they wish it would end. However whenever you listen to Harbaugh talk about it, he sounds incredibly proud of the streak. It seems incredibly important to him but idk.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harbaugh is going to play to win this game.  Which, fine, ok.  Odd but ok.  

He’s benching all their starters and many of their backups, so I don’t see how that can be true. The streak is an interesting factoid but they have it because they generally build deep rosters and coach to win even in preseason. They still aren’t gameplanning or endangering their studs just to keep it alive, though. 

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Gah, I was hoping that was not true.

I wanted to see my first team go against 1s.

I'm cool w/ 1 or 2 guys missing but I don't want them to sit everybody.

I agree, I wanted the competition and to see this team bring what they did and learned in joint practices into the game and back it up. Missed opportunity but I don’t really blame Harbaugh, things were getting chippy and some of their most important pieces have had injury issues. And now there’s bad blood after the Danny Johnson/Mark Andrews thing. 

47 minutes ago, Conn said:

He’s benching all their starters and many of their backups, so I don’t see how that can be true. The streak is an interesting factoid but they have it because they generally build deep rosters and coach to win even in preseason. They still aren’t gameplanning or endangering their studs just to keep it alive, though. 

I imagine that's part of it.  Like their preseason streak shows how well they scout and how how deep they are

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I hadn't heard that. 

We should play our starters the entire game, beat them by 70, and then gloat.  

Remember Osaka? 

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I hope he goes to the Eagles and then they overpay him and he goes the way of the Zeke. 

He’s just 24 years old, so that’s not happening save for some kind of devastating injury.  IF the Eagles acquire Jonathan Taylor, I think they’d be the team to beat in the entire NFL, not just the NFC.  The Eagles with a Top 2 running back along with Hurts and those receivers and OL will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I saw them as having a possible double meaning. 😆

Sincerely though, I think this is just an unfounded rumor. I will be shocked if the Eagles make this trade. 

Maybe. They're pretty happy with their 4 man backfield right now. I knew last year they didn't like Sanders, so the trade talks about Henry made some sense.