Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes as to Rales

Harris, too.  Wharton-Harvard graduate.  Sports freak, who grew up rooting for this team.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-crystal-palaces-new-billionaire-4528850

When he took over the Philadelphia 76ers it came off the back of them being available and in financial trouble...

Acquiring the New Jersey Devils was more centred around the franchise's struggles, with over $200million of debt and owner Jeff Vanderbeek forced to take out an emergency $35million loan during 2013 in order to pay the wage bill.

When he took over the Philadelphia 76ers it came off the back of them being available and in financial trouble, but Harris also had an attachment to the city having studied at the University of Pennsylvania and been a huge sports fan there.

Acquiring the New Jersey Devils was more centred around the franchise's struggles, with over $200million of debt and owner Jeff Vanderbeek forced to take out an emergency $35million loan during 2013 in order to pay the wage bill.

Well then WHERE THE **** WAS HE BACK IN 1999 GOD DAMMIT

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It bears reiterating again:

PHILADELPHIA. The most vile, obnoxious, miserable, angry, violent group of fans this side of Euro Soccer Hooligans. PHILADELPHIA likes him.

Yeah, he'll totally suck here.

As a Sixers, Phils, Flyers fan I can vouge for this statement. Harris has been great for the Sixers and is building a new arena to boot, breaking away from the years old sports complex idea and re-locating the Sixers on their own in Center City. 

The other stuff Riggo said is pure opinion but mostly applies to Eagles fans. 

• Like 2

Sheehan said among his sources, they told him its gotten very quiet as to relating to the sale.  He saw that as a good thing, sometimes that means something is close to happening.

Standig said its really hard to get information because all parties are so quiet and so close to the vest

Sheehan asked Standig to guess the next owner, his guess was Harris. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think we should assume it’s Harris/Rales. Things seem to be pointing to them.

We shouldn't assume anything. These things are completely sealed off to anyone not directly involved. 

The best thing we can/should do is wait until something is officially released. 

This weekend gave us a big example of why we shouldn't buy what some of these twitter folks are selling. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The other stuff Riggo said is pure opinion but mostly applies to Eagles fans. 

The only times I've ever seen fights and.police activity in Nationals Park is when the Phillies are in town. They threw a glass beer bottle at Ryan Howard, an MVP and World Series hero. They threw up on an 11 yr old girl at CBP...

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

We shouldn't assume anything. These things are completely sealed off to anyone not directly involved. 

The best thing we can/should do is wait until something is officially released. 

This weekend gave us a big example of why we shouldn't buy what some of these twitter folks are selling. 

I mean you're right, but what fun is that?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

About ten years ago, I was at a Caps/Sabres game and went to the bathroom during intermission. Caps fan and Sabres fan are at urinals next to each other. 

I heard heard the Caps fan ask the Sabres fan "What's the worst place you've ever attended a game as an opposing fan?" and the answer was "Philly. I was standing at a urinal just like you are to me and the guy next to me turned and pissed all over me."

Just saying...

• Haha 4

Years ago I went to a Bullets/Blazers game at the Cap Centre, and I was chatting with the guy sitting next to me (not tough to get Bullets tix at the last minute!), who was down from NYC on business.

He told me that at a Yankees game he'd been peed on by a guy sitting in the next row up who apparently didn't see the need to find a bathroom!

For Philly, you could probably add in a level of violence to make that story realistic. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

The Harris/Rales buyout excites me more than Bezos for whatever reason. 

I like that too. Bezos might have the money but not he experience in running a sports business so that is huge for me and would rather have Harris/Rales instead. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Well at Fed Ex you can get loads of sewer water dumped on you at your seat so i'm not sure what is worse.

It's a real barn burner between NY fans and Philly fans for the worst sports fan behaviors in the world.

"Oh my gawd!  That's Dan Snyder's music!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I like that too. Bezos might have the money but not he experience in running a sports business so that is huge for me and would rather have Harris/Rales instead. 

Bezos also isn't distracted/conflicted with managing three other teams. We're looking at going from a guy who is way too involved with the team to a guy on the opposite end. Bezos might take some time to learn, but he'll eventually figure it out. 

Al Galdi on his podcast this morning interviewing a guy who wrote two books on Bezos. Tells the story of how Bezos didn’t like some of the stuff in the first book, so he had all of his friends, family, and colleagues go online and give it a one star review. That is Snyder level pettiness right there. I just don’t get the love for megalomaniac Bezos, when we have a virtual sure thing in Harris, who has already proven to be a non-meddling owner. 

Edited by woodpecker
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Al Galdi on his podcast this morning interviewing a guy who wrote two books on Bezos. Tells the story of how Bezos didn’t like some of the stuff in the first book, so he had all of his friends, family, and colleagues go online and give it a one star review. That is Snyder level pettiness right there. I just don’t get the love for megalomaniac Bezos, when we have a virtual sure thing in Harris, who has already proven to be a non-meddling owner. 

I don't care if they're petty dbags. Just win baby.

Bezos builds winners.

• Thanks 1

I'd still rank Bezos as my 1A just for the potential of being a truly cutting edge organization when it comes to analytics and what not. We've been such a dinosaur franchise for so long but with Bezos I have no doubts we'd be the envy of the league.

But Harris/Rales is more than a fine consolation prize. Harris knows how to rebuild sports franchises and Rales comes with some impressive financial backing. 

The only real losing situation would be Fertata. Would basically be Snyder 2.0.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I can already picture Dan getting his Speedo ready and the zinc oxide for his nose to head to the beach.

Either that or he'll be in a corner crying and getting yelled at by whomever Tanya met in her time alone...

9 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I've said this many times here, and I have taken arrows from the Bezos is God groupies here. :ols:   Bezos reputation wise is known for his volatile as heck personality.  Over the top volatility.  I recall one dude talk about being afraid to present something at a forum where Bezos was attending because Bezos might undress him publicly if he disagreed with him.   

The main defense I get back here about Bezos' personality is apparently every dude who is a biillionaire is a carbon copy of Bezos' personality -- but obviously that's not true.  Bezos is singled out for specific reasons.  

I'll be more than cool with Bezos as an owner because of his immense wealth.  But if he buys the team I would actually hope he's an absentee owner.   I don't get the impression that the dude would be good for the morale in the building based on the stories I've read.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1