Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think we should assume it’s Harris/Rales. Things seem to be pointing to them.

Well crap. There it is. It's gonna be Bezos.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It bears reiterating again:

PHILADELPHIA. The most vile, obnoxious, miserable, angry, violent group of fans this side of Euro Soccer Hooligans. PHILADELPHIA likes him.

Yeah, he'll totally suck here.

You know what man, I've been told to be quiet and sit down a few times at redskins games, by redskins fans. That's why there is always so many opposing fans in our house. Because Washington has the **** **** whine and cheese fans. Sure Philly fans are bat**** passionate about their home town sports and get pretty carried away, but its great having fans of other teams fear for their life and not return.

**** that sit down and be quiet bull****. Make some mother****ing noise for your team on defense and make sure nobody makes a sound on offense.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anybody not named Snyder but they're  all gonna have their warts.

This morning on The Junkies Lurch dropped a credable source that said Harris was super cheap.  Cited situations with not enough lockers for teams and his wife ****ing about a new $650 entrance door.  If true perhaps Rales can balance him out.

Like I said, they're  all gonna have warts.

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This morning on The Junkies Lurch dropped a credable source that said Harris was super cheap.  Cited situations with not enough lockers for teams and his wife ****ing about a new $650 entrance door.  If true perhaps Rales can balance him out.

Seems like the Junkies have it out for Harris, as far as I've noticed they seem to be the only ones among the locals who are.  That's the 2nd shot I recall from them at Harris. 

A reporter who covered him in Philly said the opposite, goes full max as to going to town for the players-facilities.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He said, she said, that they heard it from an unnamed source. His track record as a sports owner speaks differently. 

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd still rank Bezos as my 1A just for the potential of being a truly cutting edge organization when it comes to analytics and what not. We've been such a dinosaur franchise for so long but with Bezos I have no doubts we'd be the envy of the league.

But Harris/Rales is more than a fine consolation prize. Harris knows how to rebuild sports franchises and Rales comes with some impressive financial backing. 

The only real losing situation would be Fertata. Would basically be Snyder 2.0.

Analytics is your reason? I mean, that’s just math. Any owner is capable of hiring some Ivy League nerds for that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well crap. There it is. It's gonna be Bezos.

You know what man, I've been told to be quiet and sit down a few times at redskins games, by redskins fans. That's why there is always so many opposing fans in our house. Because Washington has the **** **** whine and cheese fans. Sure Philly fans are bat**** passionate about their home town sports and get pretty carried away, but its great having fans of other teams fear for their life and not return.

**** that sit down and be quiet bull****. Make some mother****ing noise for your team on defense and make sure nobody makes a sound on offense.

This you?

jus jokes

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Harris has seen the Devils transform from an older team to a younger team that skates as well as any franchise in the league. Hiring former Pittsburgh Penguins executive Ray Shero to be his general manager has played a major part in the makeover along with following a plan that built the organization around scouting, analytics, sports science and acquiring players who fit into a set culture that stresses a fast, attacking style and teamwork.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/capitals/devils-owner-josh-harris-having-a-very-good-year-in-sports/2018/04/26/d029b83e-499a-11e8-8082-105a446d19b8_story.html

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 10.30.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 10.30.18 AM.png

23 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

He said, she said, that they heard it from an unnamed source. His track record as a sports owner speaks differently. 

Analytics is your reason? I mean, that’s just math. Any owner is capable of hiring some Ivy League nerds for that.

Or how about having an Ivy League nerd as the owner

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seems like the Junkies have it out for Harris, as far as I've noticed they seem to be the only ones among the locals who are.  That's the 2nd shot I recall from them at Harris. 

A reporter who covered him in Philly said the opposite, goes full max as to going to town for the players-facilities.

Seems like you don’t like hearing anything negative about Harris. The guy is not totally  clean. He went psycho level Dan crazy when he was passed over for a promotion and had people he worked with followed to dig up dirt on their personal lives and what they do in their bedrooms. Even paying off women to make public claims about his business partners. He also used company assets for his personal ventures. The same exact things people clutched their pearls over when it was reported Dan did them.

Harris will obviously be an improvement over Dan but the narrative that he is a sound business owner able to turn this around is nothing but conjecture and wishful thinking. Snyder said a lot of things when he was the new owner too. Whoever it is, they are going to have to prove it. That starts with how they handle the stadium and facilities. 

If the new owner pulls off the RFK site, they are legit and all-in with their investment in the team. If we are playing in the boonies they are not. If they build a new stadium at the Fedex site they are lazy and checked out.

Regardless of who the new owner is, they will do some stupid things and it will get reported. Dismissing the report and claiming the reporter is out to get them is not rational in my opinion. 

I still think if Bezos buys the team it'll move near his Amazon facility and he'll build his own town. An area for people to live that can work at the warehouse full time for peanuts and then work all the football stuff as side jobs. Probably have lots of store the staff will shop at on the outskirts. 

Then he can begin building these mini cities around the world. Real life 16 tons and what do you get vibes.

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

is nothing but conjecture

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If the new owner pulls off the RFK site, they are legit and all-in with their investment in the team. If we are playing in the boonies they are not. If they build a new stadium at the Fedex site they are lazy and checked out.

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Seems like you don’t like hearing anything negative about Harris. The guy is not totally  clean. He went psycho level Dan crazy when he was passed over for a promotion and had people he worked with followed to dig up dirt on their personal lives and what they do in their bedrooms. Even paying off women to make public claims about his business partners. He also used company assets for his personal ventures. The same exact things people clutched their pearls over when it was reported Dan did them.

Harris will obviously be an improvement over Dan but the narrative that he is a sound business owner able to turn this around is nothing but conjecture and wishful thinking. Snyder said a lot of things when he was the new owner too. Whoever it is, they are going to have to prove it. That starts with how they handle the stadium and facilities. 

Regardless of who the new owner is, they will do some stupid things and it will get reported. Dismissing the report and claiming the reporter is out to get them is not rational in my opinion. 

That's really you with Bezos not me with Harris.  The Junkies are not reporters, I've listened to them for years.  Now if what they said totally tracks with people who actually cover Harris, then heck yeah I'd buy their criticisms.  I don't always totally buy into what they sometimes say about the team, sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong, let alone some off hand comments about another team they don't typically cover.

I posted like 12 articles about how Bezos is frugal.  After looking at the articles I posted you said its all BS. 

As I've said many times here, I am good with both.  You think Harris is the one with the issues we need to be concerned about push comes to shove.  I say its Bezos that has more red flags.

I've read everything I can get my hands on both.   None are pristine.  For every attribute, someone will slam them on the same issue.  That's common with big business leaders.  So I look at what do most say - 10 people who say one thing, and 2 people who say the opposite, i am more inclined to believe the 10 people.  And I trust the most reporters who are close to the action who actually cover said owner and team on a daily basis versus those who do not.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don't think any of these candidates are perfect.  Neither are any of the other existing NFL owners.  It'd be great if a new owner is awesome, but nothing is guaranteed.

Regardless, any new owner will give me the feeling that the team finally at least has a chance, which I haven't felt in a long time under Snyder.  I feel like your point is valid, but I don't want to diminish the fan base's understandable (and reasonable) optimism.

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've said this many times here, and I have taken arrows from the Bezos is God groupies here. :ols:   Bezos reputation wise is known for his volatile as heck personality.  Over the top volatility.  I recall one dude talk about being afraid to present something at a forum where Bezos was attending because Bezos might undress him publicly if he disagreed with him.   

The main defense I get back here about Bezos' personality is apparently every dude who is a biillionaire is a carbon copy of Bezos' personality -- but obviously that's not true.  Bezos is singled out for specific reasons.  

I'll be more than cool with Bezos as an owner because of his immense wealth.  But if he buys the team I would actually hope he's an absentee owner.   I don't get the impression that the dude would be good for the morale in the building based on the stories I've read.

You've won me over with Harris-Rales for sure, but how recent is the stuff that you've heard re: Bezos?  Are we talking like since divorce or pre divorce?  Or both?

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure every billionaire is like this, which is why people like Dolly Parton don't become Billionaires. They're good people. 

I sang this song to audition for the musical in high school my sophomore year.

I don't know why I'm telling you that I just want Dan to sell

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Bezos also isn't distracted/conflicted with managing three other teams. We're looking at going from a guy who is way too involved with the team to a guy on the opposite end. Bezos might take some time to learn, but he'll eventually figure it out. 

Harris has been letting Darryl Morey, Elton Brand and Doc Rivers run the Sixers, at least on the competitive level. He seems to more oversee things than run them. He's very different than Jerry Jones or the bonehead we've had here. We rarely, rarely hear from Josh Harris regarding the Sixers. 

• Like 4

The best owners write checks, hire smart people, and stay out of the way. I think both Bezos and Harris/Rales would take that approach. But I think Bezos can attract the smartest people because of his wealth and the windows that would open up.

Like lets say I'm an NFL GM candidate, and my wife has a business degree. You don't think I wouldn't want to work for Bezos, knowing the opportunity it could open up for my family? That kind of thing.

There are just inherent advantages that a Bezos ownership would present that nobody else can offer.

Of course none of that guarantees we'd be a winner. But there are no guarantees anyway.

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

I don't think any of these candidates are perfect.  Neither are any of the other existing NFL owners.  It'd be great if a new owner is awesome, but nothing is guaranteed.

Regardless, any new owner will give me the feeling that the team finally will at least have a chance, which I haven't felt in a long time under Snyder.  I feel like your point is valid, but I don't want to diminish the fan base's understandable (and reasonable) optimism.

I agree. There really aren't many, if any, "perfect" owners in sports. Even Jack Kent Cooke had his issues. Mike Brown is known for being cheap, Jim Irsay is a bit of a nut job, Stan Kroenke has issues. But I think we can all agree that Dan Snyder is the worst owner.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

I can already picture Dan getting his Speedo ready and the zinc oxide for his nose to head to the beach.

Either that or he'll be in a corner crying and getting yelled at by whomever Tanya met in her time alone...

image.jpeg.f1913986bdb68524387e8f4da8a744ee.jpeg

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

You've won me over with Harris-Rales for sure, but how recent is the stuff that you've heard re: Bezos?  Are we talking like since divorce or pre divorce?  Or both?

It's recent enough but even if it weren't, with Bezos its mainly about his personality so unless he's just turning into an old softy in recent years or whatever, I'd expect his personality to be the same.  The concerns are basically 2 points.

A.  The dude can be the business version of Gordon Ramsey of Hells Kitchen.   Him and some of the managers he's hired have a lot of George Steinnbrenner in them reputation wise -- they berate, scream, curse, and do so often, etc.  

B.  The idea that Bezos would spend the world on this team that some purport.  All I say in response to that is its probably so.  But its not a slam dunk.  Amazon's culture takes pride about their frugality -- cutting cost, no frills.  I posted about 12 articles on it, I could have easily posted 100.  So while Bezos might spend like its no object as an owner, its far from a certainty. 

Having said that, I LOVE that he has all the money in the world.  And he's a smart dude.  So I'd be more than happy to have him.  But I am not in the crowd of shut up and lets bask in Bezos being the be all and end all owner -- If I don't have talk radio on, I often have CNBC on, and I can't ignore all these stories about Bezos over the years as if they are 100% meaningless.  They might end up meaningless but the idea that Bezos isn't the nicest dude to work for and for multiple reasons is sort of the disclaimer theme about Bezos over the years compared to for example Richard Branson who is billed by most as someone who is super cool to work for. 

So my hard position on Bezos is IMO he's the 2nd most attractive owner.  He has the highest ceiling, no doubt but IMO he also has the lower floor than Harris.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @Skinsinparadise ! You've been really consistent with this throughout the sale process since his name has come up, I genuinely appreciate that.

I think what we're forgetting is that Jay-Z and Matthew McConaughey may be a part of it and that just would be such an awesome trio. Different perspectives from three people really good at what they do.

Unless that got nixed and I just missed it.

• Like 2

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Thanks, @Skinsinparadise ! You've been really consistent with this throughout the sale process since his name has come up, I genuinely appreciate that.

I think what we're forgetting is that Jay-Z and Matthew McConaughey may be a part of it and that just would be such an awesome trio. Different perspectives from three people really good at what they do.

Unless that got nixed and I just missed it.

Jay-Z would be an attractive addition as someone who could potentially woo free agents but could care less about what McConaughey brings to the table

• Thanks 1