Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I know you are already living in the West Coast.  Are you going to hang in there if Harris buys this team and Bezos buys Seattle?  :ols: 

giphy.gif

Dude I’m stuck with this franchise until I die. I just want 1 more Super Bowl win before that happens. It’s not too much to ask after all the suffering we had. I don’t care who delivers that win. Bezos, Harris, Snyder’s kid. Whoever. Just get it done. 

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I told you a long time ago that you had me at your avatar choice. Huge Marx bros fan. You were a bit prickly with me a couple times long ago but it didn't cost you because that's so understandable with me being me, but you kept it in bounds. 🙂

This place is very Darwinian.

90% of participants here these days are pretty much "great ES'ers", other than in qb threads. 

😈😁😛

Prickly? Me? You must have me confused with someone else. I'm pretty much ES' Miss Congeniality. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude I’m stuck with this franchise until I die. I just want 1 more Super Bowl win before that happens. It’s not too much to ask after all the suffering we had. I don’t care who delivers that win. Bezos, Harris, Snyder’s kid. Whoever. Just get it done. 

I can live with even a playoff win.  I knock myself living in Florida, not going to the playoff game after the 2005 season versus Tampa.  If you told me then that would be the last playoff win, I'd think you are nuts.

Now I plan to go to their next playoff game no matter where it is.  Oddly, I have a much better track record seeing road wins than I do home wins.  I've seen some awful games at home including the Monday Night massacre and Wentz's two worst games last season.

The last road loss I saw was the one versus New Orleans and even that one was close, they lost in overtime. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Man, Josina is getting raked over the coals for that tweet.

I didn't take her tweet as her thinking she was saying anything  genius. More like since Snyder obviously never could get that essential part right, even more emphasis should ( we hope ) be placed on it with the new owner.

Edited by Spearfeather

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can live with even a playoff win.  I knock myself living in Florida, not going to the playoff game after the 2005 season versus Tampa.  If you told me then that would be the last playoff win, I'd think you are nuts.

Now I plan to go to their next playoff game no matter where it is.  Oddly, I have a much better track record seeing road wins than I do home wins.  I've seen some awful games at home including the Monday Night massacre and Wentz's two worst games last season.

The last road loss I saw was the one versus New Orleans and even that one was close, they lost in overtime. 

I was there for that one. Brunel threw for like 60 yards in the win. Then I went to Seattle the week after.

The only playoff games I have missed in person since after Gibbs 1 was the RG3 playoff knee game because my son was just a newborn and I didn’t want to leave him alone with my wife  and the Tampa wild card game because of Covid. 

I plan on going to as many as possible but if we actually get good it will get cost prohibitive. But for now it hasn’t been too often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

That hit diff

If that came from some rando I'd just shrug it off as "yeah, duh"

The fact that his came from a reporter sends a bit of shiver down my spine that there is a twinge of foundation to it (by which I mean she is not saying it to say it but rather cuz she feels tremors) and that would have some pretty major ramifications very quickly.

Furthermore it ties into my idea that as it stands a new owner can't come in and do nothing. Some point of this org, or multiple points are gonna need a jolt/shakeup/splash Year 1.

The new owner may go after Lamar, if he’s still available when he takes over.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

That would be his first mistake and one that will leave us in crapville for at least 5 more years!  How many players you going to lose to get that clown show here

• Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

90% of participants here these days are pretty much "great ES'ers", other than in qb threads. 

WE ARE THE TEN PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So Dan Snyder is selling to Dan Snyder?

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I didn't take her tweet as her thinking she was saying anything  genius. More like since Snyder obviously never could get that essential part right, even more emphasis should ( we hope ) be placed on it with the new owner.

Lamar doesn't have an agent so Josina is doing his bidding.

Josina is fully-aligned with players because that's who she gets her scoops from. She's always gonna do what she can to pump them up to preserve her relationships

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I was there for that one. Brunel threw for like 60 yards in the win. Then I went to Seattle the week after.

The only playoff games I have missed in person since after Gibbs 1 was the RG3 playoff knee game because my son was just a newborn and I didn’t want to leave him alone with my wife  and the Tampa wild card game because of Covid. 

I plan on going to as many as possible but if we actually get good it will get cost prohibitive. But for now it hasn’t been too often.

Am jealous.  I've been to games every year for about 20 seasons in a row except for during COVID, usually 2 games, sometimes like last season I went to 3.  But have never seen a playoff game.  If I knew they would have become this rare at the time, I'd have gone.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Am jealous.  I've been to games every year for about 20 seasons in row except for during COVID, usually 2 games, sometimes like last season I went to 3.  But have never seen a playoff game.  If I knew they would have become this rare at the time, I'd have gone.

Bro we've had six playoff games in the past 20 years, one of them during COVID.  You haven't had many opportunities to begin with.  It's not like we were the Patriots the past 20 years, we were us.

*My point being that you/we didn't have the luxury of it BECOMING a scarcity since that's all it's been. **** Snyder.

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

You could be right, but I took it as a very unsubtly coded comment about how the new owner should go after Lamar. Didn’t seem vague or general to me, it very clearly imo is tied to a current QB who is available and unhappy with the market the NFL owners are allowing him to have. 

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

You could be right, but I took it as a very unsubtly coded comment about how the new owner should go after Lamar. Didn’t seem vague or general to me, it very clearly imo is tied to a current QB who is available and unhappy with the market the NFL owners are allowing him to have. 

It's exactly what she was doing while trying to be sly by not mentioning his name. I mean, she could be talking about Wentz. 😉 

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Bro we've had six playoff games in the past 20 years, one of them during COVID.  You haven't had many opportunities to begin with.  It's not like we were the Patriots the past 20 years, we were us.

*My point being that you/we didn't have the luxury of it BECOMING a scarcity since that's all it's been. **** Snyder.

That's part of my point but it somewhat snuck up on me.  The last chance was the game against GB. 

I was at my son's football game, wearing a Redskins shirt that following weekend after that game and one of the other parents who was a Redskins fan (don't run into too many of those these days but on rare occasion I do) told me that they went to the playoff game the previous weekend.  And it stuck with me i should have done the same.  And pledged to myself I'd do it the next shot I got, but am still waiting for the opportunity. 😢

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude I’m stuck with this franchise until I die. 

Sweet, sweet death.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's part of my point but it somewhat snuck up on me.  The last chance was the game against GB. 

I was at my son's football game, wearing a Redskins shirt that following weekend after that game and one of the other parents who was a Redskins fan (don't run into too many of those these days but on rare occasion I do) told me that they went to the playoff game the previous weekend.  And it stuck with me i should have done the same.  And pledged to myself I'd do it the next shot I got, but am still waiting for the opportunity. 😢

I was at that game. You didn’t miss much.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Am jealous.  I've been to games every year for about 20 seasons in row except for during COVID, usually 2 games, sometimes like last season I went to 3.  But have never seen a playoff game.  If I knew they would have become this rare at the time, I'd have gone.

The atmosphere at FedEx for the 2000 wildcard win against Detroit was insane. I have never heard it that loud there. I went to RFK twice including the last game against the Cowboys and the FedEx atmosphere was actually awesome in comparison.  We had the botched FG hold in Tampa the following week. That was a very dejecting experience. 

The 2016 Wild card against Green Bay was not as electric. Cousins choked it away unfortunately. 

Even the away games are great other than Seattle in 2007. The playoff atmosphere is nuts. If we ever do make the Super Bowl I’m going to have to take a tranquilizer or something because I can see myself having a heart issue. 😂 

Hopefully the new owner gets us back on track soon. We haven’t had a game fans can attend in the playoffs since that 2016 game. 5 total since 1994. So pathetic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I mean, she could be talking about Wentz. 😉 

Or she may not be talking about anyone in particular.

I don't follow her ( or anyone) on Twitter, so I don't know whether any of her previous tweets imply she was talking about Jackson.

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The atmosphere at FedEx for the 2000 wildcard win against Detroit was insane. I have never heard it that loud there. I went to RFK twice including the last game against the Cowboys and the FedEx atmosphere was actually awesome in comparison.  We had the botched FG hold in Tampa the following week. That was a very dejecting experience. 

Been to RFK just once and for an exhibition game but even that experience was cool. 

As a new owner, I would fast track the stadium in a big way.  Fedex for multiple reasons is the worst stadium experience in the NFL.  They cannot let that fester.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1