Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seems like the Junkies have it out for Harris, as far as I've noticed they seem to be the only ones among the locals who are.  That's the 2nd shot I recall from them at Harris. 

A reporter who covered him in Philly said the opposite, goes full max as to going to town for the players-facilities.

Iirc Lurch is friends with someone in the Sixers organization. 

1 minute ago, Blanka said:

Iirc Lurch is friends with someone in the Sixers organization. 

I don't doubt it.  But his Commanders stuff isn't always on the money, so lurch to me isn't gospel for this team for me let alone he has a connection to another team.   Like I said if what he said tracks with what most everyone else says, I'd buy it.  but it seems like its an outlier. 

There are outlier narratives on all these guys.  Like I said, so I buy what is a preponderance of information in one direction versus the outlier stuff. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't doubt it.  But his Commanders stuff isn't always on the money, so lurch to me isn't gospel for this team for me let alone he has a connection to another team.   Like I said if what he said tracks with what most everyone else says, I'd buy it.  but it seems like its an outlier. 

There are outlier narratives on all these guys.  Like I said, so I buy what is a preponderance of information in one direction versus the outlier stuff. 

• Like 2

from the article

https://www.sportico.com/business/team-sales/2023/washington-commanders-bid-magic-johnson-josh-harris-1234716679/

After being relatively stagnant for the last few months, Commanders negotiations have progressed over the last week, and it’s possible a deal could be reached ahead of NFL owners meetings in Arizona at the end of the month. That would be welcome news across much of the league and among the owners of its other 31 franchises, who have talked about the unprecedented step of forcing Snyder out.

It’s unclear how much capital Johnson is contributing to the group. A representative for Harris declined to comment. Johnson didn’t immediately respond to a text message.

Harris, Co-founder of Apollo Global Management, is worth $7.3 billion, according to Bloomberg. His sports portfolio includes Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (which owns the Devils, 76ers and the Prudential Center) and a piece of English soccer club Crystal Palace. His Commanders bid group also includes Danaher (NYSE: DHR) co-founder Mitchell Rales, who is worth $6.6 billion.

CommandersCards-1.jpg?w=300

The NFL has just a handful of black minority owners—including John Stallworth in Pittsburgh and Warrick Dunn in Atlanta—and the league has faced increased pressure in recent years to diversify its ranks. The most recent team to sell, the Denver Broncos, was purchased by a group that included former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Ariel Investments co-CEO Mellody Hobson, both of whom are black.

Johnson is no stranger to sports ownership. In 2011, when the Los Angeles Dodgers were for sale, Johnson joined the bid group led by Guggenheim executives. Johnson put in $50 million of his own money, a relatively small contribution to a successful bid that eventually topped $2 billion, but he played an outsized role representing the group publicly. Sportico now values the Dodgers at $5.24 billion.

The 63-year-old Johnson has found other business success since retiring from the NBA in 1996. In addition to the Dodgers, he’s made lucrative moves into real estate, and has franchised movie theaters, Starbucks stores, fast food and gyms. He’s a Fanatics board member, and an investor in the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks, esports organization aXiomatic and MLS team LAFC, which is the league’s most valuable club, according to Sportico.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh no doubt. I’m not taking it to the bank or anything. Just connecting the dots in terms of who his source probably is.

I believe Josh would be a good owner. I personally think he’s around a top 10 nba owner. I’m a Bezos guy but I’m all the way cool with the Harris/Rales combo. Plus it would be kinda cool to personally share a surname with the teams owner. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sweet, sweet death.

I was at that game. You didn’t miss much.

the GB game? We started out on fire 🔥, had to kick a FG instead of a GTG TD, missed an XP after scoring a Td and it all went to **** quickly from there. Damn Aaron Rodgers 

Think it’s the only playoff game I’ve been to. Been to 2 clinching games against the cowboys though… those are some of my favorite adult memories 

🍻 to a new owner and the promise of possibility. We’re so close 

4 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

So I'm not going to argue the goal should be Super Bowl winning season(s).  

But after seasons that we got in the playoffs at 7-9 because the rest of the division sucked, I'd be happy for a few years of 11 win seasons, 2nd/3rd game knock outs (I would not be happy in the moment).  

Show some consistent growth with a coherent ****ing plan and execute.  

If this is a Lamar reference like a few suggested, going out and blowing cap on a guy that will lead us to more years of pain (I don't see him as elite), we'll that wouldn't really feel like much of a plan, and more like a hail Mary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

So, new owner gets in here and immediately trades 2 firsts and pays $250m guaranteed to Lamar.

Does that sound like the beginning of an ownership tenure of anybody we’ve had owning the team for 24 years?

this is a setup tweet.  So when the new owner doesn’t do this, she can lament it for a year and say how stupid they are. 

but it’s also cart before horse.  Deal done first.  Then we’ll figure out about the QB.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been to RFK just once and for an exhibition game but even that experience was cool. 

As a new owner, I would fast track the stadium in a big way.  Fedex for multiple reasons is the worst stadium experience in the NFL.  They cannot let that fester.  

I'm hoping that a new stadium will have the new tech bells and whistles PLUS the home crowd noise advantage acoustics (ala Seattle).

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

So you mean to tell me that other 31 owners don't have their own problems and Dan is the ONLY problem for them? 🙄 lol 

Jerry tried to oust Roger last time and failed. However it was widely expected Roger’s current deal would be his last but he’s getting an extension at the same meetings that it’s expected the Washington sale will be announced. The two are undeniably related. It’s not the only reason but it definitely helped Roger collect his 40 to 50 mil a year for a few more years. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The owners probably told Roger solve our Dan problem and you get an extension:

I’m sure the timing isn’t coincidental. 

The league is a murky old place isn’t it. One or two of them might want Dan to stick around just to keep the focus off them. Once he’s gone someone else’s dirt will start working it’s way to the surface.

• Like 3

If he joined this late it might mean that the bidding ain't over and they brought a third person in.

But who knows. He could have also been on board from the start and no one knew, especially if he was also part of the Broncos bid.