Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The primary owner will control less than half the team. It’s a joke. You are delusional if you think that’s appealing to a municipality to enter into a long term agreement. It’s not a a large corporation. It’s a small group of investors with the principal owner having around 30% of the shares. That’s a recipe for uncertainty.

Fred Smith and Schar didn’t buy into the Redskins thinking they would end up in arbitration with Dan. Business relationships often can and do sour. The Apollo founder was not inclined to think he would sue Josh Harris for defaming him and paying off women to talk about their sexual histories against his enemies, but it happened. 

We will see the final allocations once it’s leaked but in a small partnership where no one controls a majority stake, disagreements can quickly unravel the whole thing. That uncertainty is priced into every deal that is made with the partnership. Depending how the operating agreement is negotiated, Harris can be out as early as day 2 if the other 70% votes him out. 

Maybe someone else will slowly start buying stakes and end up with most of it.. That’s how JKC did it. Regardless it’s pretty pathetic that Josh Harris is so leveraged and lacks assets that he can only purchase a measly 30% stake. We need a baller to own this team to invest in it properly. Instead we are getting a glorified house flipper who never created anything just traded on assets and who is over leveraged and can’t afford playing at the big boy level.

Kinda sad we are trading in one Dan for another. Maybe that was Dan’s attraction to Harris as a buyer?

SoCalSkins:  If all these assumptions are true, we're screwed!!!!!!! 

Rest of us:  But we don't know that those assumptions are true.

SoCalSkin:  SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 18

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've never seen so much interest in the minority owners. Most of us didn't even know who the previous ones were were until they sued Snyder.  Having Magic or the local guy won't matter, it's the majority owner who makes the decisions.  

Having a Magic Johnson involved as a limited partner doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things....but for optics, it's great.

Since the league is pushing for more minorities involved in ownership, who better than Magic....🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The primary owner will control less than half the team. It’s a joke.

How do we even know that's the case, let alone its a joke.

You are delusional if you think that’s appealing to a municipality to enter into a long term agreement. 

So we are working with some premise that someone threw out here as now a working fact?  

You come off a bit emotional over time on this thread for someone who comes off so certain about multiple dynamics involving the sale that you feel you have a handle on and others are dead wrong about.  If I were feeling that certain, I'd be super chill in the context of debating others.

Kinda sad we are trading in one Dan for another. Maybe that was Dan’s attraction to Harris as a buyer?

I did say 99% of Commanders fans from what i gather feel confident that the next ownership will be distinctly better.  It's like anything in life, there is always that 1%.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

The 30% rule is interesting, are there any current teams with that setup where the controlling owner has the minimum 30%?

Depends on how you look at it kinda.

Off the cuff I think the NFL counts family owned teams as single entity ownership so there are a lot of clubs with a bunch of co-owners, but the NFL is cool w/ that b/c they are all in the same family, even if no one individual clears the 30% threshold.

I think KC, Tampa and Minn are examples of that.

When it comes to primary owners owning less than 50% the only team that comes to my mind is the Raiders. I think they have some kind of contract that gives them control despite not owning 50%.

**Excluding the Packers who are a special grandfathered case**

7 minutes ago, bearrock said:

SoCalSkins:  If all these assumptions are true, we're screwed!!!!!!! 

Rest of us:  But we don't know that those assumptions are true.

SoCalSkin:  SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!

First. Hilarious. 😂 

Second I prefaced it with when we find out the allocation percentages when they are leaked. 

But dude people are actually making an argument it’s actually a good thing if Harris can’t afford a majority stake. That level of delusion requires a response.

If his stake is less than 50%, his number one priority every minute and with every decision is to keep his partners happy. Most times that will align with fielding a winning team and investing into it to build a winner, but not always. When there is a misalignment of business objectives  versus team ones, he will always have to put the business first.

It gets compounded in a small partnership where a faction of a couple of disgruntled partners can blow the whole thing up. We will see how it plays out after the honeymoon period ends.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

But dude people are actually making an argument it’s actually a good thing if Harris can’t afford a majority stake. That level of delusion requires a response.

Who said its good if he couldn't afford it?   

What we were discussing is the power of adding multiple people with a stake in the business -- that you pile on to help your network.

The dude from Sportico which is all about money and sports was referencing that point.  Multiple people who have covered the business aspect of the sale has referenced the same point.

We talked here about how it wasn't Dan but a minority partner who helped lure Gibbs back as an example.

As Finlay just referenced on the radio, politicians are careful of who they want to be associated with.  If its Magic Johnson and there are a ribbon cutting for the team, politicians would eat that up and want to be a part of that. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Wondering if there will be a ceremonial handing over of the Redskin belt buckle from Dan to the new owner at the presser?

Couple things wrong here though,

1. He ain't showing up

2. Without him being able to fire them anymore his ex employees would kick his ass

3. Not sure I believe he ever owned a Redskin belt buckle

• Like 2

Doesn’t matter if the primary owner has only 30%.  Everyone is going to want to make sure the investment makes money.

Why is everyone investing in a distressed asset?  They see the potential to make money. They saw how this market was during the glory years.  They believe they can get it back to that. With the value of nfl franchises skyrocketing; now is the time to get in.

I think there’s to much smoke for it not to be Harris. Yeah, we know Bezos can outbid anyone but the sellers don’t want to sell to him. We’ve only heard little about him.

Even though the Allen trust has to eventually sell, they may take years. Also, one if the heirs wants to keep the team. I think Bezos, if he really wants them, will pressure them to sell now. 

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Can we move this little sideshow to a different thread? @SoCalSkins and his "BUT WHAT IF YOU DIE" stuff is becoming its own thing

What sideshow? People are arguing that it’s a good thing that Harris will be a minority stakeholder in the enterprise. I posted a single reply to that ridiculous notion. I also posted one reply to my post to Bearrock.

You are the one continuing this with your reply. We are all happy Dan is leaving but pretending Harris is perfect or even good in every aspect is just not reality based. Calling out some ridiculous praise for his negatives is reasonable. 

16 hours ago, Conn said:

On a scale this large, Magic Johnson doesn’t really add an appreciable amount of money, for it to be that kind of signal imo. Feels more likely that more details about the ownership group are starting to leak as we get closer. 

yeah i don't care about magic johnson. give me charles barkley, please.

These leaks coming from Harris is to get the fans on his side and make it seem like things are going his way, 2-3 weeks ago it was "look at this super rich dude from Bethesda that's part of the group" now this week it's "how neat is it that Magic is part of the group". 

We've heard squat from Bezos since it was found out that he hired that super company to facilitate a transaction, this tells me that he is abiding by the confidentiality agreement and pushing forward. 

Not a sermon, just a thought. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

yeah i don't care about magic johnson. give me charles barkley, please.

Give me Dale Earnhardt Jr.or Denny Hamlin to join that group. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was so big of a fan that he asked for game updates during races. Denny Hamlin not only is a Redskins fan, but also drives for Gibbs

• Thumb up 1