Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Odd to me, to spend so much time and energy to build a case against a potential new owner.  Even stooping so far as to draw imaginary lines to Epstein.

Yet, will admittedly just flip a switch and get behind said person if their bid wins out.

It has a primary feel.  Trash everyone and then pretend they are fantastic after you pick.   

It's really fascinating to witness, but also rather exhausting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Keim's new podcast:

1. Basically agrees with Breer/WaPo- Definitely no vote on the Sale next week. Most likely for the May meetings. 

2. Possibility of an announcement next week during the meetings but not likely. Maybe 50/50 chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Keim's new podcast:

1. Basically agrees with Breer/WaPo- Definitely no vote on the Sale next week. Most likely for the May meetings. 

2. Possibility of an announcement next week during the meetings but not likely. Maybe 50/50 chance.

Adding some from that podcast.

He said something similar to what the Sportico guy said yesterday among others.  Harris can afford to buy the team but you also got the stadium to purchase too and having Rales involved should help with that.

He's heard good things about Harris from "impartial jurors".  He likes to hire good people, he is not a meddler.  He's heard good things about him as an owner and his approach.

2 groups who have toured the facility remain anonymous

No annoucement coming about the winning bid this week.   Some told him but you never know.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If Keim/et al are correct then we have a whole two months more of this crap until we get a resolution. That's going to feel like 2 years.

This pits Keim vs most other local media as far as the sale news goes. We will find out by Tuesday who was right.

7 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

If Keim/et al are correct then we have a whole two months more of this crap until we get a resolution. That's going to feel like 2 years.

This pits Keim vs most other local media as far as the sale news goes. We will find out by Tuesday who was right.

Tbf, reporters are talking about May as the timeline for when owners approve.  If that's the case, we'll likely know who has the winning bid way earlier.  If it's either Bezos or Harris, the owners' approval is pretty much a given at that point.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Absolutely not. Can you imagine having to see this 8 Sundays per season? Snyder needs to take his 6 billion and go sail around the world for the rest of his miserable life:

Top 30 Dan Snyder GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Whatever happens with the sale, we need a special thread where we can just keep posting this gif every day. It never gets old!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There were articles that Walton won the bidding for the Broncos in like June and the ratification for the sale from the other owners came in August. I'd expect we would know how our sale shakes out well before the ratification of it.

Also important to remember that Owners can call a meeting to ratify, they don't have to wait for the next scheduled one. Our situation may warrant one where you wanna get Snyder outta the way ASAP.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I didn't take his point that way.  You got two points in the process.

A.  The bid is accepted

B.  The sale is closed

The part that takes 2 months is B.  Sort of like buying a house, the offer is accepted and then you have closing process that takes time.

I think for most of us, him accepting the bid is the be all and end all.  It's been said by almost everyone that the process once the bid is accepted it takes time

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't take his point that way.  You got two points in the process.

A.  The bid is accepted

B.  The sale is closed

The part that takes 2 months is B.  Sort of like buying a house, the offer is accepted and then you have closing process that takes time.

I think for most of us, him accepting the bid is the be all and end all.  It's been said by almost everyone that the process once the bid is accepted takes time

Understood, what I am talking about is when will the news of the winning bid be released officially? Most local media say by the end of the March meeting. Keim and a few others are saying no announcements until after the March meeting, sometime in the next 2 months. Who will be closer?

Edited by actorguy1

This is easy for me to accept because I always assumed the ‘23 season would be a wash on the football side - too much to do, not enough time, etc

so I’m content with this taking as long as it needs to take. Pragmatically the best case scenario is a new owner has the whole ‘23 season to:

- rebuild the non-football side of the house

- rebuild the non-game day side of the football operation (team president, GM, scouting department)

- start figuring out exactly what they want from the game day football side (head coach, culture, identity, etc)

- thoroughly evaluate whether Rivera fits what he wants or not (I know everyone has opinions on Rivera but none of them mean jack crap when you aren’t in the rooms every day and part of strategy - basing your opinion on the public face of things is beyond naive)

and I have always much preferred that to a late February/early march sale followed by a rash cleaning house and frantic attempt to hire whoever happens to be available at the moment. 

it sucks to just throw away the ‘23 season but I prefer a thorough plan to rebuild, and you never know what you might find out during that time. It’s perfectly reasonable they find out Rivera is a perfect match for what they want, he just needs a supportive owner that’s not a moron. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Understood, what I am talking about is when will the news of the winning bid be released officially? Most local media say by the end of the March meeting. Keim and a few others are saying no announcements until after the March meeting, sometime in the next 2 months. Who will be closer?

I just relistened to it three more times.

He said that the annoucenment probably does not happen during the owners meetings next week but there is an off chance it does.  He's hardcore that it won't happen this week.

I didn't hear him say sometime in the next 2 months as to the announcement.   I am gathering you are deducting that because he's saying the vote might happen in May.  So the announcement would be of course sometime within the span of now and then.  But unless i am losing my mind :ols:, he didn't actually say the annoucement could happen anytime in the next two months. 

The only thing he said about the annoucement was, not this week, probably not the week after but there is an off chance it does.  He even said in the mix, its very unlikely but it could evem happen this weekend as to the announcement.  The only hardcore point he made on the annoucement is not this week.  He seriously doubts its this weekend or next week but some told him there is an off chance it does.

Also hearing him plug Josh Harris is meaningful to me.  Keim is smart and does his homework and always talks to a number of sources to get an idea of what's up and he alluded to the people he talked to about him are "impartial jurors" meaning people who have nothing at stake to plug him. 

He also is far from a pollyana about prospects by default -- I recall for example he said when he checked out Pat Shurmur, he would generalize the takes as "meh".

• Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Does anyone think the lack of commentary in the Post about Bezos being frozen out mean that maybe he’s still a player? Seems like we would know from his camp if Snyder was totally blocking them out.

Only reason to talk is if you have something to complain about.

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Does anyone think the lack of commentary in the Post about Bezos being frozen out mean that maybe he’s still a player? Seems like we would know from his camp if Snyder was totally blocking them out.

There has never been a credible accusation that Bezos has anything to do with the work at the post. Only people making the accusation because it “makes sense” cause he owns the org. 

the people at the post reporting on tbe team have a track record of being legit journalists and if you ever have listened to interviews with them they’ve been very clear they hear lots but they only report things they can back up. 

so I personally find the idea your suggesting to be bogus - baring credible information in the future to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Sounds to me like he's actually adhering to the NDA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only thing he said about the annoucement was, not this week, probably not the week after but there is an off chance it does.  He even said in the mix, its very unlikely but it could evem happen this weekend as to the announcement.  The only hardcore point he made on the annoucement is not this week.  He seriously doubts its this weekend or next week but some told him there is an off chance it does.

LOL. My head hurts. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I had the same gut reaction.  Felt like if he was "out" the Post would've communicated it.  Just like they were the ones who reported he'd hired the Investment Bank (admittedly, that story was probably pre-Bezos NDA signature).

• Like 1

Listening to Grant Paulsen on Hoffman-Logan's podcast talk about it.

A.  Sources he trusts tell him Dan is selling

B.  Dan has been pretty much living abroad for months

C.  Not easy to get information on this, Dan has a tight circle who isn't talking

D.  Heard from the jump Dan's goal is to beat Denver's sale by a decent margin -- seemed to imply that ego wise its important for him

E.  Heard that Rales getting in the bid with Harris is a game changer

F.  Heard 3 groups already toured the facility and a 4th was poised to do so.

G.  If I understood him one of the two mysterious potential buyers is a real serious suitor

H.  He thought Bezos would win the bid until up to about 2 weeks ago, now he thinks its Harris

I.  He heard that Dan would rather not sell to Bezos is a real thing.  But that doesn't mean that he won't.  But his preference is not to sell to Bezos

J.  Bezos wants in on the NFL but Seattle is fine for him, too

K. Heard the accouncement isn't that far off 

• Thanks 5

Everything that was coming out of WaPo seems to eerily directly tie to Bezos' individual interests in regard to this sale.

When we were receiving reports that Bezos was being frozen out, WaPo was one of the outfits leading the charge surrounding multiple articles a day that regardless of what was printed within, could easily be identified as pieces that actively weaken Snyder's stance as a seller. Obviously that benefits J-Beezy.

WaPo was also responsible for some pieces that directly signaled Bezos' interest in the team, like that one about hiring an investment firm known for buying NFL teams, that served as a clear signal to every other involved buyer.

Then when we get the report that Bezos has signed an NDA in regards to the sale, those WaPo stories stop. Not only does that corroborate the stream of information from someone moving from outside of a sale (where information is easier to leak) to inside a sale (where NDAs make that a no go) the timetables match up beautifully.

Regardless of the quality of staff under its employ, WaPo has been serving as a mouth-piece for Bezos on this sale in the same manner as that guy who constantly tweets stances that eerily always push towards a Snyder beneficial narrative.

The above has to at the very least raise an eyebrow, and if it does not, you live in a world that is sans tin foil. Sometimes dark forces conspire, it happens. lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, profusion said:

Whatever happens with the sale, we need a special thread where we can just keep posting this gif every day. It never gets old!

Meh. I like that we are crushing Green Bay, and the looks on the faces of the people behind him are funny. But seeing Dan so happy just makes me sick to my stomach to the point where I don’t wanna see it anymore.

• Like 1