Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, slinky said:

The NFL really wants to expand into Canada and get a team in Toronto. If Apostolosusopsokdoplsodos buys the team they will relocate to Toronto and change the name from Commanders to Mounties. And we'll get an expansion team with Bezos as owner.

I don't think that will happen at all.  At least not any time soon.  Goodell floated the idea of a entire division (4 teams) in Europe just last October.  The Bills played a home game each season in Canada for a while, but that got scrapped.  Expansion focus is on Europe now, not sure how an extra division would work.

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

G.  As to why Dan is selling.  From what he believes, Dan discovered that there was no path out of his issues -- boxed in. 

Dan Snyder is such a ****ing idiot he managed to fumble the bag of owning an NFL franchise. It's a truly impressive display of incompetence. Canton-worthy stuff right there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I hope Steve Apostolopoulos becomes the new owner just for the joy of watching posters trying to spell his name 🙂

I think we should call him CD. Canadian Dude. 

Diehard might protest but it is what it is.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think we should call him CD. Canadian Dude. 

Diehard might protest but it is what it is.

Let’s not spoil the fun - I will have to get TK to create a new rule saying posters are not allowed to abbreviate his name or use a nickname 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So who is the third to tour? Harris, this Canadian dude, another mystery bidder and the Rockets owner who might reschedule. 

Keim said 2 mystery buyers, names that aren't out yet.   Out of the 4.  He mentioned weeks ago, Harris and Frettia as the known but apparently Frettita didn't tour yet.  So one mystery buyer is known now.  One more to go.

Grant Paulsen mentioned, hearing 2 mystery buyers two, one of the two if I heard him right is more serious, whatever that means.

You can always ask Keim on twitter he typically responds.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Harris and Fertitta have made bids, people with knowledge of the sales process have said. Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has blocked Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, from moving forward in the bidding process, a person familiar with the process said recently, because of his displeasure with The Post’s coverage of him and the team.

Leading bidders have been attempting to strike a deal with Snyder on a sale in advance of the NFL’s annual league meeting that begins Sunday in Phoenix, according to four people familiar with the sales process. But some of those people said they remain skeptical an agreement on a sale will be reached by then.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim said 2 mystery buyers, names that aren't out yet.   Out of the 4.  He mentioned weekend ago, Harris and Frettia as the known but apparently Frettita didn't tour yet.  So one mystery buyer is known now.  One more to go.

Grant Paulsen mentioned, hearing 2 mystery buyers two, one of the two if I hard him right is more serious, whatever that means.

You can always ask Keim on twitter he typically responds.

I’m sure he would post the name if he had confirmation. He’s not posting anything without multiple sources and lets Shefter put out the scoops.

If I had to guess I would predict it’s the Clearlake Capital guys. Eghbali and Feliciano. They tried to buy the minority stake from Schar and Smith and they also bid on the Broncos. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m sure he would post the name if he had confirmation. He’s not posting anything without multiple sources and lets Shefter put out the scoops.

If I had to guess I would predict it’s the Clearlake Capital guys. Eghbali and Feliciano. They tried to buy the minority stake from Schar and Smith and they also bid on the Broncos. 

Yeah Keim's been hanging out on an island for weeks about there are two names that have no been disclosed, he said he didn't know who they were either yet.   Grant Paulsen mentioned in a podcast the other day he heard also about 2 unknown buyers.

I posted here at the time weeks back, Keim saying Harris touted the facility and Fretitta either did or was poised to tour the facility shortly -- and there were two others who have been below the radar and people don't know their name. 

So we got two different reports that Fretita recently is the underdog to get this.  WP had one of those reports.  Maybe it was them on both, I don't recall.  Also, if I recall it was the NY Post guy who said he heard that Fretiita's offer had an expiration date.    So between all of that and him being poised to tour the facility and then never did. I think its pretty obvious that there is a good chance he's not winning this bid.

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don't think he'd give you the name, he suggested at least weeks back he didn't know the names, but sometimes he will reveal some small tidbut, like we should know soon, or not sure how serious or something like that would be more his style

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Then when we get the report that Bezos has signed an NDA in regards to the sale, those WaPo stories stop. Not only does that corroborate the stream of information from someone moving from outside of a sale (where information is easier to leak) to inside a sale (where NDAs make that a no go) the timetables match up beautifully.

Well, the WP is back in play today, saying Snyder is still blocking Bezos.

Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has blocked Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, from moving forward in the bidding process, a person familiar with the process said recently, because of his displeasure with The Post’s coverage of him and the team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/22/commanders-sale-steve-apostolopoulos/

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, the WP is back in play today, saying Snyder is still blocking Bezos.

Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has blocked Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, from moving forward in the bidding process, a person familiar with the process said recently, because of his displeasure with The Post’s coverage of him and the team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/22/commanders-sale-steve-apostolopoulos/

Sign a deal is imminent? Last sling of mud to stir a major response in support of Bezos.