Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

A.) Our own situation already demonstrates that these rules have exceptions as we went from Redskins>WFT>Commanders in 2 years.

This is actually a good point.

My question is: Would simply ripping the little " Commanders " patch off the home jersey, be considered a uniform change ?

Bruce says " It's already been one year ".

I say, " It's only been one year ".

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

My question is: Would simply ripping " the little" Commanders " patch off the home jersey, be considered a uniform change ?

We had to apply to be allowed to change the patch w/ the incorrect years on it to the patch w/ the correct years.

The NFL had to grant an exception to allow us to fix our mistake, as your not allowed to keep changing your merch

From my understanding, any change that would alter the retail product, would constitute a change.

This is why teams can change pants whenever they want (they don't sell the pants) and why they can add memorial patches whenever they want (they don't effect the retail product)

Edited by FootballZombie

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the hurdle with DC from what I understand is two fold.

A.  the biggest hurdle is for Congress to relinquish the land.  It's weird to me that Loverro doesn't even mention it in the mix here but unless something changed, that's challenge #1.

B.  To get DC as the landing spot - politicians-constituents approve it. 

From what some have said, and i mentioned here, Mitchell Rales, not so much Josh Harris would be the key to this via his network.  

Keim has said regardless of the new owner the three areas here's heard for the stadium -- DC, Loudon County, current Fedex property.

I think the biggest hurdle has always been Dan Snyder himself. With him removed from the equation I think the local governments, whether its D.C. VA , MD or even the federal government would be much more open to discuss without the stench of Snyder and his baggage.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

How exactly does this work?  Are all the bidders informed of the highest bid and have an opportunity to exceed it?  Or is it a blind auction type of deal?

I wish I knew more about The Big Greek, can't seem to find much. I know I don't want the Houston guy whose name I won't bother to learn unless I have to.  

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There are certainly other bids on the table, probably competitive ones too, otherwise it makes no sense to try to prod other bidders w/ the Magic Johnson information.

Why Keim gotta say worried tho? Frietta or whatever his name is.

Or it just leaked that Magic is involved because things are moving along. It’s not like he adds much money to the group. 

As for the second part, I think Keim is just sick of answering questions specifically about pining for Bezos for over a year. He seems to be wondering why so many people care about that one angle after decades of wanting Snyder gone. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

From my understanding, any change that would alter the retail product, would constitute a change.

Maybe so, but without looking at the Gridiron Uniform Database ( great site ), I"m going to venture to say there have been teams that have made small changes, stripes etc. within a five year period.

Just now, Conn said:

He seems to be wondering why so many people care about that one angle after decades of wanting Snyder gone. 

My sense as well.  Bezos isn't going to be the guy - that is pretty plain to see unless he makes some 11th hour, knight in shining armor last minute type bid that blows everyone else out of the water.  At this point, and with Dan basically barring him from entering the bidding, I don't think it's going to happen.  Unfortunate, because he would bring lots of money to the table and really help to revolutionize our team's image almost immediately.  But, at this point, I'll take a ham sandwich over Dan.

• Sad 1

These guys typically follow the draft not so much this type of issue, the two names they throw in versus the usual suspects albiet Allen has been mentioned before, Clearlake too.  But I think they are just guessing.

Potential Buyers in Washington Commanders Sale

Intrigue regarding a Washington Commanders sale stretches back to at least 2020, when the Washington Post revealed an alleged culture of harassment towards female employees. That triggered a number of investigations — including one conducted by Congress — into Snyder and his organization. He’s also been accused of a series of financial improprieties.

The compounding scandals have been the driving force — both internally and externally — to get Snyder to sell, either voluntarily or involuntarily. For ownership bids to succeed, they must first be vetted by the NFL’s finance committee and then ratified by three-quarters of the league’s 32 owners.

So who has the means and desire to make such a purchase? Here’s a list of potential buyers in the seemingly inevitable Commanders sale.

Byron Allen

Byron Allen, media mogul and founder of Entertainment Studios, would become the first Black majority owner of an NFL franchise if he is the winning bid. Allen, like Harris and Johnson, was interested in buying the Broncos. His desire to own an NFL team didn’t end with that disappointment.

With a net worth of less than a billion dollars, Allen would need to assemble a deep-pocketed collection of investors to put together the kind of money needed to make the deal.

Clearlake Capital

Behdad Eghbali and Jose E. Feliciano, co-founders of Clearlake Capital, first tried buying a minority stake in the Commanders in 2020. Snyder blocked that attempt then. Will he do so again?

Eghbali and Feliciano — who also were players in the Broncos sale but are seen as long shots to buy the Commanders — are believed to be worth more than $6 billion combined.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

As for the second part, I think Keim is just sick of answering questions specifically about pining for Bezos for over a year. He seems to be wondering why so many people care about that one angle after decades of wanting Snyder gone. 

That and I'd add I don't sense that Keim thinks that Bezos is the be all and end all bidder.  He hasn't opined on this one way or another but I don't get that vibe from Keim.

Keim last podcast talked up how he checked around on Harris and he said he heard good things about what kind of owner he is.   And typically if Keim checked someone out and lets say gets lukewarm or a poor response about said person, he shares it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I'd say there's a strong chance the vast majority of people won't care about the name if the team starts to win. The name's suckiness has only been exacerbated because the team isn't great. 

Nope. I despise the name 100% because Snyder picked it. Nothing else. Winning or losing in the future will not change that. I will never buy merchandise with the name commanders on it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't see people magically coming around on the name by 2027.  

Winning counts a lot for merch sales, so if the team is winning by then, there might be an uptick in sales of Commanders gear.  But I can't ever imagine it being in the top half of jerseys, tshirts, hats, etc sold unless we have a transcendent talent like a Mahomes.

If the gear sales are in the bottom third of all teams by 2027 and the team is performing well and the new ownership is well embraced, I think there's a reasonable claim to get rid of the Commanders ****.

Speaking strictly for myself, I've vowed never to purchase any official Commanders apparel while Dan is the owner but I think it looks so ****ing terrible and stupid that I don't know if I ever will.  

Just speaking for myself: I will never - NEVER - purchase one thing associated with the "Commanders" football team.  I don't care how many Super Bowls we win, I will never make that purchase.  Hell, we don't even have a red and yellow color scheme anymore.  It's a weird shade of dark pink (seriously, look at those helmets.  That's some weird pinkish-red **** right there) and an uber-ugly, freakish shade of yellow/orange.  You couldn't get further away from burgundy and gold.  Black helmets look some Super Mario **** right there.  It's a freaking joke.

At the very, very least, a full-on uniform and logo change should be allowed out of the gate.  You can't seriously tell me that if I'm having to clean up Dan's mess, pay $6 billion for the team, finance a new stadium myself and have to build back what has become one of the most pathetic fanbases and revenue streams in all of North American sports, I can't at least make those changes.  No freaking way.   

No No No GIF

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Just speaking for myself: I will never - NEVER - purchase one thing associated with the "Commanders" football team.  I don't care how many Super Bowls we win, I will never make that purchase.  Hell, we don't even have a red and yellow color scheme anymore.  It's a weird shade of dark pink (seriously, look at those helmets.  That's some weird pinkish-red **** right there) and an uber-ugly, freakish shade of yellow/orange.  You couldn't get further away from burgundy and gold.  Black helmets look some Super Mario **** right there.  It's a freaking joke.

At the very, very least, a full-on uniform and logo change should be allowed out of the gate.  You can't seriously tell me that if I'm having to clean up Dan's mess, pay $6 billion for the team, finance a new stadium myself and have to build back what has become one of the most pathetic fanbases and revenue streams in all of North American sports, I can't at least make those changes.  No freaking way.   

No issues with your opinion, but how does the helmet look dark pink to you?

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

We had to apply to be allowed to change the patch w/ the incorrect years on it to the patch w/ the correct years.

The NFL had to grant an exception to allow us to fix our mistake, as your not allowed to keep changing your merch

This is why teams can change pants whenever they want (they don't sell the pants) and why they can add memorial patches whenever they want (they don't effect the retail product)

Yes, there is an NFL rule that mandates that five years pass before making changes to a logo, helmet, or jersey (not pants). However, like 99% of rules in this world, there are exceptions, one of which is when a team changes owners. I wouldn't expect a name change to happen immediately, though...if the new owner is smart they will actually listen to fan input and hire a professional design team to look at names/unis...rather than the sham process this team went through before where Snyder chose the name in 2020 and then gave Jason Wright two years to come up with a 'W' logo and his wife two years to 'design' the uniforms that look like she bought off the discount rack at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The Commanders name reeks of Snyder. The NFL won't want that stench to linger after he's hit the bricks. It won't happen immediately, but I would expect a change in the next year or two.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Yes, there is an NFL rule that mandates that five years pass before making changes to a logo, helmet, or jersey (not pants). However, like 99% of rules in this world, there are exceptions, one of which is when a team changes owners. I wouldn't expect a name change to happen immediately, though...if the new owner is smart they will actually listen to fan input and hire a professional design team to look at names/unis...rather than the sham process this team went through before where Snyder chose the name in 2020 and then gave Jason Wright two years to come up with a 'W' logo and his wife two years to 'design' the uniforms that look like she bought off the discount rack at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Yup, and they may be forced to go that route anyways given the timeframe

No matter how much a new owner wants to change, You'd be hard pressed to get that done b4 the season.

But the promise of a new name would do a lot to excite and revive the fanbase, and we badly need efforts on that front in as many ways as possible.