Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I'll say this.  And this is coming from someone who prefers Harris' group anyway over Bezos.  But I'd be glad with Bezos, too.  Among the 4 bidders I am aware of, its Harris 1A for me Bezos 1B.  The other 2 do not intrigue me at all.

If Dan doesn't allow Bezos to even bid in the end, what a moron.    I've said this too many times -- which is you can see how stupid and self destructive Dan is in the context of his moves relating to his own survival as an owner let alone running this team.  He's a walking Shakesperian style self-imploding fool.    And if he doesn't even take a bid from Bezos in the end, it is so fitting for him.  

As Danny Rouhier likes to joke, don't forget we wouldn't be here in this place with Dan selling if Bruce didn't forgo sending Dan a congratulatory email.  Him referencing that led to the Gruden email leaks, etc, leading to the Congressional investigation.  

Sheehan lately likes to say, wow we are actually so close to having Dan gone and how its basically a magic moment for this franchise.  Barry Zvrluga says its the biggest moment, the day he sells in DC sports this century.

And again for me i don't even care if Bezos gets it. I want it to be Harris or him and prefer Harris.  But lol if there is an owner who would put his own pettiness over his own good -- that's Dan Snyder right to the bitter end.   I suspect he ultimately does take a bid but knowing Dan's reputation I definitely think its in play that he doesn't.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I’m surprised the NFL would let him block Bezos. He’s hurting the value of every other team if he doesn’t sell to the top bidder. And keeping out an owner that would bring even more clout and attention to the NFL.

Agreed. They all stand to see their own franchises instantly increase in value. 

This is making me furious, the process probably could have been done a month ago if this fool wasn't stuck in his hurt feelings. Instead we're stuck from moving forward while billionaires are trying to combine forces to meet little Dan's demands. 

Idiot!!!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This is making me furious, the process probably could have been done a month ago if this fool wasn't stuck in his hurt feelings. Instead we're stuck from moving forward while billionaires are trying to combine forces to meet little Dan's demands. 

Idiot!!!!!

I am guessing what's delaying things more than anything is the indeminfication part of this.  He wants the league or the new owners to absord any of these lawsuits.

The ESPN writer who wrote the story about his finances has alluded to a new story coming.  Perez reported that he heard that Mary Jo White has some new angles that haven't been disclosed yet as to financial trangressions.

So along with buying this team, you got to ultimately pay 2-3 billion for a stadium, new facilities and absorb the Dan mystery box of paying for the legal bills for Dan's series of transgressions.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Idiot!!!!!

This makes sense if he’s keeping a share and plotting a way back into the lead role in the future. If he’s selling 100% to another group without even evaluating Bezos’ offer then he’s a bigger moron than we give him credit for. It would be shocking even for him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This makes sense if he’s keeping a share and plotting a way back into the lead role in the future. If he’s selling 100% to another group without even evaluating Bezos’ offer then he’s a bigger moron than we give him credit for. It would be shocking even for him.

Speak for yourself.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

So, what is the angle behind Schefter/The NFL releasing the bidders names like this? Leverage, transparency (lol)?

Why now and why this way?

Maybe it was just leaked to them? Maybe current ownership wants to see if they can pump up the price a little last min to bidders who are now emotionally invested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m back on the Bezos bandwagon. All this scraping around by bidders trying to pool investors together is boring now.

If you think it’s boring now, it will be way more boring during the protracted due diligence that will have to take place with a more complex deal. Let’s not forget that JKC estate originally awarded the bid to the ownership group with Milstein as lead owner. That bid was rejected by the other NFL owners.

If Dan actually doesn’t even let Bezos bid, there is a chance some of the other owners ask for additional scrutiny on whoever is awarded the bid. Kraft and Jerry have already publicly supported Bezos becoming an owner in statements this year. Just because Dan does the handshake it’s not over until the votes are counted. 

23 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Idiot!!!!!

Unfortunately it's par for the course since this is Snyder we're talking about. This is the guy who:

- Poured milk onto the carpet in the Lerner's suite at FedEx so it would smell horribly rotten the next day

- Dumped gallons of ice cream onto Mike Nolan's desk so they would melt because he didn't like "vanilla" defenses

- Sued a little old lady who could no longer afford her season tickets

- Sued the City Paper out of existence because of Dave McKenna's 'Guide to Dan Snyder' back in 2009

- Forced Six Flags customers to purchase another ticket if they had to go out to their car and come back in

- Refused to allow anyone to bring water or baby formula into Six Flags parks

- Ran Six Flags right into the ground

- Ran Johnny Rockets right into the ground

- Released hundreds of emails in a effort to smear Bruce Allen, and got John Gruden fired (allegedly)

- Repeated accusations of leering sex pest behaviors

- Cut down trees belonging to a national park behind his property so he could see the river

- Hasn't allowed himself to be interviewed since that 2006 puff piece from the Post Magazine

- Stale peanuts from a defunct airline...

That's just the tip of the iceberg...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The price is already past where even those in the top .05% of the top 1% can't really afford the purchase of an NFL team. Harris plus Rales net worth is about 13Billion and to buy the team at asking price and then have to hold back another couple billion for the new stadium takes more than half that. Currently, the NFL does not allow the amount of leverage needed to buy the team. To make any deal acceptable to the NFL and Dan, our next stadium WILL be like the Santa Clara 49ers where the uber rich watch the rich sit in the sun while those those in the middle class get to go to games on occasions and sit on the goal posts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

The price is already past where even those in the top .05% of the top 1% can't really afford the purchase of an NFL team. Harris plus Rales net worth is about 13Billion and to buy the team at asking price and then have to hold back another couple billion for the new stadium takes more than half that. Currently, the NFL does not allow the amount of leverage needed to buy the team. To make any deal acceptable to the NFL and Dan, our next stadium WILL be like the Santa Clara 49ers where the uber rich watch the rich sit in the sun while those those in the middle class get to go to games on occasions and sit on the goal posts.

Will see, some who are covering this have said Rales specifically got into the mix in part to help both finance the stadium and to leverage his supposedly strong contacts in DC to help get a stadium in the district.

Like buying the team, you don't have to put down the full amount of money to buy the stadium.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will see, some who are covering this have said Rales specifically got into the mix to help both finance the stadium and to leverage his contacts in DC to help get a stadium.

Like buying the team, you don't have to put down the full amount of money to buy the stadium.  

But you need massive PSLs to pay for it. They aren’t getting much in terms of public money. 

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I hope Steve Apostolopoulos becomes the new owner just for the joy of watching posters trying to spell his name 🙂

If he buys the team I'm gonna call him Steve snuffleupagus.

That's close enough and I have that one memorized.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

SIP, what is it about the Harris group that you prefer to Bezos?

I'm not SIP but for me, one of the big reasons is Harris is not being blocked from bidding like reportedly Bezos is. Plus he does have experience and a track record as a sports team owner.

Snyder's a dumbass and turning down extra buyers is stupid, but in the end, it doesn't bother me too much. My only real apprehension with Bezos is that his personality and business would make him a bigger focus than the team. What I like about Harris, Staponolsipoissidonolpos, and the others so far is that my first reaction to hearing them is "Who? Oh yes, the owner I've never heard of who hasn't done anything morally repugnant enough to get blasted in the media."

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

But you need massive PSLs to pay for it. They aren’t getting much in terms of public money. 

Maybe.  How do you know you wouldn't have that with Bezos?   Kroencke paid for the stadium, rich as heck but still did them.  Jones if I recall is the 2nd richest owner, ditto.

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 4.33.22 PM.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  How do you know you wouldn't have that with Bezos?   Kroencke paid for the stadium, rich as heck but still did them.  Jones if I recall is the 2nd richest owner, ditto.

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 4.33.22 PM.png

Everyone is going to have PSLs. The amount will be interesting to see. Rams was unusual because theirs was so much higher  than the Chargers in the same building.

However, if the ownership group is leveraged they are going to try and maximize it. Vegas is pretty crazy too. Likely it will be 30 to 60 grand per seat for lower level sidelines. That’s the norm now. I don’t know what the appetite will be in the DMV outside of business and lobbying firms for PSLs at that price point.

The secondary market for Redskins tickets sucks but even with a new owner I don’t know how much demand you get back for people willing to make a 100k long term commitment to be allowed to buy season tickets regardless of who the owner is. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

have

regardless of whom the new owner is imo PSL's will definately be in play, it's the new wave of the NFL, just another side effect of Fandom..which prices the diehard fan out imho