Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

She's basically advocating for the new owner to trade for Lamar.

Signing Lamar after the draft if any team is going to sign him is the most sound strategy. You would be giving up 1sts in 24 and 25. That’s what the Panthers did with us when they signed Sean Gilbert.

I think Ross is pretty pissed at his suspension last year. I could see the Dolphins going after Lamar after the draft. They can’t beforehand because they don’t have a first this year because of the Brady tampering. 

I don’t think a new owner is going to piss off his brand new partners and offer Lamar a guaranteed deal right after the owner is voted in by his partners. There is no realistic way that happens. 

10 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

New Finlay podcast:

A. Most likely to be officially announced by the owners meeting (or the following week if necessary)

B. Still thinks it's Harris 

I'm speculating that the news he got this weekend was that a bid has been accepted and that Snyders lawyers are going over the offer to ok it. Probably didn't get told who was the winning bidder.

He was just talking to Michael Phillips about this.

He said he wouldn't be surprised if we heard next Monday that Dan's selling and the sale is going to Josh Harris.

Phillips thinks it leaks next weekend.  He predicts also it will be Harris -- I recall at one juncture he predicted Bezos.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Sounds easy enough when you don't mention any specifics. Get the **** out of here with this nonsense. FA has already started. The combine already happened. Pro-days are coming up.

These guys mostly didn't become billionaires following advice like that. We get it. She wants them to go after Jackson. No thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I dunno. I kinda like being able to take my 9 and 5 year old daughters to games and not have to explain to them what a "mother****ing cum-guzzling gutter slut is." Or why someone was getting **** beat out of him by four other people for wearing a jersey.

Different of opinion, I guess.

I'm not advocating for either of those things and it sucks that it happens i every stadium, no matter how much you pretend it doesn't.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not advocating for either of those things and it sucks that it happens i every stadium, no matter how much you pretend it doesn't.

Agreed, It's an NFL problem. You don't get nearly the level of vitriol at say a baseball game. The only time I've seen someone getting in peoples faces at an MLB game, the chump was wearing a Patriots jersey.Young, dumb, and full of....Budweiser.

In Seattle I was verbally assaulted and almost got into a physical altercation.

At the meadowlands and in Chicago, verbally assaulted.

I'm not talking about trash talking the team etc. I'm talking about being called a faggot, among other things(sometimes by women) all the way to being told Sean Taylor deserved to die. It's one of the main reasons I stay watching from home. 

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Agreed, It's an NFL problem. You don't get nearly the level of vitriol at say a baseball game. The only time I've seen someone getting in peoples faces at an MLB game, the chump was wearing a Patriots jersey.Young, dumb, and full of....Budweiser.

In Seattle I was verbally assaulted and almost got into a physical altercation.

At the meadowlands and in Chicago, verbally assaulted.

I'm not talking about trash talking the team etc. I'm talking about being called a faggot, among other things(sometimes by women) all the way to being told Sean Taylor deserved to die. It's one of the main reasons I stay watching from home. 

I have seen the Redskins in over 25 stadiums and Seattle for that playoff game after Sean Taylor died was the worst. Those are the worst fans in all of football by a huge margin. Much worse than Eagles fans. I plan to take my son there this year when we play them. Hopefully it’s calmed down since then. 

Attn: riggo 44 just got a temp ban for a rule 13 violation ("cum guzzling gutter slut") and koolblue tagged along by quoting riggos post without editing it out, which is a rule 6 violation, so if any other numbnutz is going to quote it make sure you edit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I just got the vibe that everyone is demanding a fluff article about Harris, so here goes. :ols:

In all seriousness, none of these guys are perfect.  But for me everything being equal i prefer someone who personality wise isn't a douche.  Yes, everyone accumulating wealth in a dog eats dog business will make enemies and some will perceive their actions as douche like -- but what i am specifically referencing is how are they as people to deal with on a day to day basis.   But again there is enough for me to like about Bezos where I overlook it, mainly because I doubt he will work out of Commanders Park -- but I just don't overlook to the degree where he's my top desire, he's my #2. 

And i've absorbed as much as i can about all of these guys.  I intially for example was intrigued by Fretitta.  I even said here, he comes off like a nice guy after watching an interview from him.  But as I digested more, i liked less and less about him including his personality, so i am out on him.

With Harris it was almost the opposite ride for me.   I was lukewarm initially, ok with him but somewhat agnostic, but hearing again and again from those who covered him in Philly among other things, i started to dig him.  But to me the kicker is Mitchell Rales, heard-read a lot of great things about him including about what kind of dude he is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferwang/2017/11/07/it-all-started-with-wrestling-says-billionaire-owner-of-philadelphia-76ers/?sh=5bb08fcf3e1f

It All Started With Wrestling, Says Billionaire Owner of Philadelphia 76ers

Billionaire financier Josh Harris wears many hats. At his “day job,” he serves as the senior managing director of private equity giant Apollo Global Management, a $242 billion (assets) firm that he cofounded in 1990. When he’s off the clock, he checks in on his trio of professional sports teams: the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers, NHL’s New Jersey Devils, and English Premier League’s Crystal Palace F.C.  An avid athlete, he also invests in nutrition and fitness research and participates in marathons and triathlons.

The Wall Street veteran credits his past as a wrestler for his legendary work ethics. A native of Chevy Chase, Maryland, Harris always played sports growing up -- Little League, basketball, soccer -- but a chance encounter with wrestling when he was 9-years-old got him hooked. “I had never done it, but I won this tournament at my [summer] camp,” says Harris. “So when you’re 9 and that happens, you get all excited.”

He continued with the sport, where he soon learned the time you put in off the wrestling mat is just as important as your skills on it. “When I first started wrestling at a more competitive level, I wasn’t running, I wasn’t training as hard, I would lose badly. You lose in wrestling, you’re literally physically dominated,” recalls Harris, who dug his heels in and upped his training regimen while in high school. He eventually placed third in a Maryland state tournament and later made University of Pennsylvania’s wrestling team. “That was a real lesson for life that hard work and grit and tenacity led to more positive outcomes,” he says.

The same discipline -- the 5’8” wrestler dieted to compete at 118 pounds -- also served Harris well in academics in high school. He started off getting Bs and Cs as a freshman, but turned into an A student after he applied the competitiveness he displayed in wrestling to academics. He ended up graduating summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania, where he was also a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. “All these sort of came from this notion that I wasn’t the smartest or the strongest, but then I put the most work in,” Harris says.

...Using the buy-low, sell-high ethos he perfected at Apollo, Harris and David Blitzer (a Blackstone managing director who oversees its opportunistic investment strategy) led a consortium of more than a dozen investors to acquire the Philadelphia 76ers from Ed Snider’s Comcast Spectacor in 2011. The timing turned out to be prescient: the lockout that year depressed team values, and the partners got the third winningest franchise in NBA history for $287 million. Valuations have since skyrocketed with the league’s 2014 $24 billion TV deal and record revenues; Forbes estimates the basketball team is now worth $800 million.

Two years later, Harris teamed up with Blitzer again to buy NHL’s New Jersey Devils, then riddled with debt and operating at a loss. After plunking down $320 million, the partners began investing in its home, the Prudential Center, working with L.A.’s Grammy Museum to build its first East Coast location in the Newark arena. They also installed the largest in-arena jumbotron in the world, a behemoth 88,000 pounds, 9,600 square feet scoreboard that measures almost four stories tall. “We used our day skills to acquire the Devils. It was in a transaction where we paid off the banks and deleveraged the Devils,” says Harris. “We’ve turned them around to pretty close to break even.”

With more time spent in Philadelphia, Camden (where the 76ers have a practice facility) and Newark, Harris spotted a need for enrichment programs for kids in low-income communities, particularly as cuts to school funding often pare back arts and athletics options. He began supporting after-school programs around five years ago, first partnering with the Police Athletic League of Philadelphia. The nonprofit offers inner-city kids activities ranging from chess and computer clubs to flag football and dance, and police volunteers help run the classes.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heavens-to-Betsy that was almost a back of the hand to forehead moment.

Dvi1FU6UUAAinf9.jpg.c87f9e837ad8c8e6aeaff55a47513f08.jpg

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyway, should we start taking bets when the new owner gets announced?  I've got a feeling a week from today.

I think we get the info drop this week. This is the kinda thing that is hard to sit on. Once the choice is made the info will come out one way or another, and at that point you wanna be the first one to put a stamp on the situation and control the narrative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Come on @Jumbo I’m championing you 😒.

Anyhow, let wait and see what new story AJ Perez breaks today. 👀🙄

I appreciate that but I appreciate SoCal's quick and alert helpfulness to you and your prompt edit even more so that I don't have to do the unpleasant stuff of flagging great posters in the spirit of equal treatment, rules wise. 🙂

• Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Heavens-to-Betsy that was almost a back of the hand to forehead moment.

I think we get the info drop this week. This is the kinda thing that is hard to sit on. Once the choice is made the info will come out one way or another, and at that point you wanna be the first one to put a stamp on the situation and control the narrative.

I can see, that, too.  

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I appreciate that but I appreciate SoCal's quick and alert helpfulness to you and your prompt edit even more so that I don't have to do the unpleasant stuff of flagging great posters in the spirit of equal treatment, rules wise. 🙂

As long as you're throwing out the "great posters" tag willy-nilly, maybe I should do something questionable so I might get called one too. Probably my only chance. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

...Using the buy-low, sell-high ethos he perfected at Apollo

We are learning so much today! If you invest you should buy low and sell high! Wow we can all be billionaires now. Why did Harris give away his secret to the reporter? He is so philanthropic!

Similarly, before Josina Anderson tweeted today that an NFL team should have a good quarterback, we apparently never searched for one before. Only if we knew that previously! The years we wasted…

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

As long as you're throwing out the "great posters" tag willy-nilly, maybe I should do something questionable so I might get called one too. Probably my only chance. 

I told you a long time ago that you had me at your avatar choice. Huge Marx bros fan. You were a bit prickly with me a couple times long ago but it didn't cost you because that's so understandable with me being me, but you kept it in bounds. 🙂

This place is very Darwinian.

90% of participants here these days are pretty much "great ES'ers", other than in qb threads. 

😈😁😛

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We are learning so much today! If you invest you should buy low and sell high! Wow we can all be billionaires now. Why did Harris give away his secret to the reporter? He is so philanthropic!

I know you are already living in the West Coast.  Are you going to hang in there if Harris buys this team and Bezos buys Seattle?  :ols: 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2