Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Bezos may or may not be the guy.  No doubt he’s looking into it but he may reach the conclusion that this franchise isn’t worth the investment. He may decide and rightly so; Seattle is the better team to invest in.

Or if he decides to bid , he bids under 6 billion. Say only 5.5 billion.

• Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Bezos may or may not be the guy.  No doubt he’s looking into it but he may reach the conclusion that this franchise isn’t worth the investment. He may decide and rightly so; Seattle is the better team to invest in.

Or if he decides to bid , he bids under 6 billion. Say only 5.5 billion.

That’s just wishful thinking dude because you want Harris so bad. He’s gonna let Dan and Harris punk him? Read some background on Bezos. His most valuable asset is how he spends the rest of the time he has left. He spent 50 billion to dump the ex wife. Spent 5 billion to spend a few minutes in space, built the most expensive private yacht in history and his next move is owning the Redskins. 

He has Allen and Company engaged for a reason and they are the leaders in the NFL franchise sale space. It’s all playing exactly as was expected. Not much longer to go. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

You said this with no sense of irony at all. Incredible feat of forum post engineering. 

It’s not. You are on the lisst too bro. You have made some pretty outrageous and unfounded statements in this thread. You will be kissing the ring soon enough.

42592B27-7384-4BE9-9766-099E334AB35D.jpeg.82453832179038502bdab8dcbefe837d.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s just wishful thinking dude because you want Harris so bad. He’s gonna let Dan and Harris punk him? Read some background on Bezos. His most valuable asset is how he spends the rest of the time he has left. He spent 50 billion to dump the ex wife. Spent 5 billion to spend a few minutes in space, built the most expensive private yacht in history and his next move is owning the Redskins. 

He has Allen and Company engaged for a reason and they are the leaders in the NFL franchise sale space. It’s all playing exactly as was expected. Not much longer to go. 

Actually Bezos is my preferred winner but I don’t think he’s a lock. He didn’t become one of world’s richest men buy doing stupid things.

If he feels the team is worth making a bid on, he will. If not, he won’t. If Jeff gets the team, I think his winning bid likely only 6/6.1 billion. He’s not going bid anymore than he has to.

6 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You really think Jeff Bezos cares so much about what some wannabe D list billionaire thinks of him that he'll be lured into overpaying for a football team?  

I also love how you put owning the worst franchise in the NFL up there with buying the most expensive private yacht in the world and literally flying into space, as if it's some sort of amazing bucket list item.  :ols:

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

How hard is it for Bezos to say I want the Redskins or not? He must know 6b or slightly above get him the team.

Just like Harris, he would want to make one bid slightly above any other bid that has already been made and not have to raise it. On Ebay they call it snipping a bid (coming in at the very last seconds to top the most recent bid and win it) we just don't know when the bid ends like we do on Ebay. 

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

How hard is it for Bezos to say I want the Redskins or not? He must know 6b or slightly above get him the team.

His private group may have also told him it's a bad investment, too much a reclamation project and not worth it. If he has signed an NDA, he's going to hold to it. 

AWS has a few IC contracts and wants to get more DoD than just USAF. Dishonoring NDA's isn't a good way to go about doing that.

I doubt that purely financially speaking, buying this team at 6B is worth it.

Especially not if you do not intend to sell it at some point. But I doubt NFL owners would be pleased if they see their toy being seen as just casual speculative stuff...

Bidding at 6 Billion, then add facilities and stadium, and you reach 8 or more. That's a ****ing lot of money that you aren't gonna reimburse with a 5 or 10M bucks each year... That would take eons to get any return of investment.

So you don't really get after something like that just for the financial part of it nowadays.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

It's very possible that he has made a bid that Dan is sitting on to see if he can reach a higher number. I know it hasn't been reported, but most of this information won't slip to the media like the Harris group volunteered put out there.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It's very possible that he has made a bid that Dan is sitting on to see if he can reach a higher number. I know it hasn't been reported, but most of this information won't slip to the media like the Harris group volunteered put out there.

Yeah I suppose there is more to it than writing your bid on a ****tail napkin and sliding it across the table.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Yeah I suppose there is more to it than writing your bid on a ****tail napkin and sliding it across the table.

This is Dan Snyder we're talking about here. He'd probably accept it off a Post-It note.

• Like 1

So now the theory is that the savior Bezos who was gonna throw his couch change at Snyder to instantly dominate the end game—that guy has secretly made a bid no one knows about that’s so unimpressive Snyder is just sitting on it? 

Somehow I don’t think that’s how it plays out, right? He either doesn’t bid at all (my theory) or bids decisively enough to end it, whatever that means for he and Snyder (SoCal’s theory). Isn’t that what you guys have been predicting all along? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The consistent silence from the Bezos camp vs. all the noise we've heard from/about the other bidders makes me feel like it was always going to be Bezos...and everything else has been an exercise in driving up the price. 

That said, either him or the Harris group will represent such a drastic improvement that they'll make me happy...I don't see why folks have to hate on one or the other. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’ll take the over.

Me too.  Since this rides on Dan no way we don't reach 666

I know that having money can make things happen and doors open at a seconds notice, but I kinda think it's messed up that Bezos can come in at the last second with a bid when everyone else has had to abide by the "rounds" of bidding.  There really should be some kind of get in now if you are interested, and don't come knocking later.