Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I would think there would be some additional pressure on Snyder to sell before the Seahawks are on the market.  If they are close to ready to sell, Snyder better hurry up.  A large part of the appeal of owning an NFL franchise is how few of them there are to buy.  Sure one comes up every few years, but I don't think the Skins' sale price is helped by the prospect of another coming on the market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

image.jpeg.e356df930e2de24bf95403ad5b326c39.jpeg

I now pine for the days when he was blasting Shanny as the worst coach in Redskins history because he was mistreating “10.”

And his postgame rants were epic.  @KDawg’s next day threads are great.  But they lack the flair and entertainment value of a GHH post loss meltdown.  

I think he got himself banned somehow but he basically checked out after Griffin wasn’t the starter anymore, hung out in the tailgate a bunch. 

GHH was a good guy, a well-meaning scouser…but he accidentally made himself a Cowboys fan through exposure therapy by drafting for them every year in the ES Mock Draft. Got really attached to and emotionally invested in their roster and I think the confusion was overwhelming. Accidentally blurred those lines between love/hate too much and could never recover. Once the name changed, that was it for him. 

15 minutes ago, gbear said:

I would think there would be some additional pressure on Snyder to sell before the Seahawks are on the market.  If they are close to ready to sell, Snyder better hurry up.  A large part of the appeal of owning an NFL franchise is how few of them there are to buy.  Sure one comes up every few years, but I don't think the Skins' sale price is helped by the prospect of another coming on the market.

They aren’t remotely close to selling. The timeline in general is a total mystery (meaning it could be a year or two, or it could be ten years), but the one thing that isn’t a mystery is that it’s not happening “soon”. They even released a statement recently saying as much to quiet speculation, that estate has a TON of moving parts and the Seahawks aren’t even close to being on the agenda yet. But it is inevitable that they eventually will be. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

And here I will state that the people they are talking to probably have no actual information to base their theory on.  

As some say they are tired of the speculation. It's cool.  My two cents is as @Koolblue13 said granted as a joke the idea that its all speculation is also speculation. :ols:

And its true.  It's speculation from you that the speculation is false.  You got no way to know who they are talking to and what they know and what they don't know.  It's about do I trust you and your gut that these guys don't know anything or trust that they do?    Based on the past should I buy Sheehan based on what he's been proven right or wrong in the past or do I trust your instincts of whether i should or not. Either road is speculation. 

We have 300 posts or so here. :ols:  about no one knows anything and all the posts from the reporters are a farce.  So I think we've all digested that point enough. I even made a modified version of that point in a context or two.  But clearly at least some of those farce reports have borne out on issues like who the buyers are, minority partners, refuting the BS story about the 7 billion plus bids and some other stuff.  

But obviously the magic question as to when Dan sells is up to Dan of course.  If people don't care what people in the building have heard about it, I assume that's Sheehan's sources and Bram's source, then don't read the posts as I prefaced my post.  It's cool either way. 

Danny Rouhier summed it up well for me a few minutes ago on 106.7, the biggest thing that's happened to him in DC sports in eons is about to go down, it means everything to him so every morning he craves any nugget he can find on it for better or worst until it happens.  I am neurotic the same way. :ols:  Judging by some likes of my posts and some others when they post some of this stuff, some are likeminded, too.  And hey some are not, that's cool as well. 

I suspect more people on this thread feel the same as they care to admit otherwise why bother coming here?  If its just waiting for the news that Dan actually sells, that will be everywhere when it pops, I doubt this is the place where you read it first. 

Jason Wright did an interview with JP which aired on his pod (I think it was JP, I was listening to and catching up on podcasts during a road trip, so if it’s not JP, then it’s Keim or Standig) and came out and said he’s not involved in the sale process except that he has met with some of the bidders and provided them information on the business side of the organization.  Ie: color on forecast and revenue projections, more information on needed investments, other business stuff.  But he was clear that the “family office” is running the transaction and he’s not privy to any of it other than when he is asked to speak to bidders.  And he said he wishes the reporting would stop.  (He should probably tell his boss to keep his damn yap shut in that case.)

I listened to it. The impression I get wasn't about this type of speculation as to when it will happen and the where and how. 

It felt strongly like he was referencing stuff like the ESPN article, the new stuff about the lawsuits, and the stuff relating to what Dan thinks-feels, pressure, stuff that makes the prospective owners to quote him do some due dilgence work because it effects the investment they are chasing.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I suspect more people on this thread feel the same as they care to admit otherwise why bother coming here?  If its just waiting for the news that Dan actually sells, that will be everywhere when it pops, I doubt this is the place where you read it first. 

But when it DOES pop, where in the WORLD else would you want to be than right here?!   That day will be GLORIOUS around these parts, sans SCS posts if it's Big Daddy Bezos as the victor. 😂😂

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the departure of Bill Callahan was the last straw, haven’t seen him since.  I do miss his epic rants about Callahans professionalism and how the team was going to kick ass with him

at the helm, and the hire him as head coach.

Yeah, I think Callahan leaving was the end for GHH. He had heavily endorsed Callahan's run heavy offense and received a lot of (mostly good natured) criticism for it.

Hope he's doing ok, I liked the guy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

But when it DOES pop, where in the WORLD else would you want to be than right here?!   That day will be GLORIOUS around these parts, sans SCS posts if it's Big Daddy Bezos as the victor. 😂😂

lol. yeah indeed.  As I said I am cool, if its Bezos.  He's not my top desire but he's 2nd.   But yeah Socal going nuts would be the downside to it.  :ols: 

Heck I'd really love any new owner even the real estate tycoon from Canada -- just Dan gone is everything to me.

Speaking of Bezos, I listened to the dude from puck.com who wrote ther story about Bezos still might be in play that was posted here the other day.  I would say after listening to him and all the narratives i think i can make a pretty good guess now about how Dan feels about him bidding -- in short, he mignt not have wanted it before but wants it now.  But as far as Bezo's intentions, that interview was all over the place with reasons why maybe yes, maybe no. 

I've mostly for a long time thought Bezos has a 50-50 shot.  Then in the last week or so, I've though much less than 50-50.  now I am creeping back to 50-50 but if he doesn't make a move in the next two weeks, Its hard for me to believe he's doing it. 

This is a pure guess from me but the vibe I get is buying THIS team isn't the be all and end all for him and if he doesn't like the financials then he doesn't go for it -- if he does like the financials then he does bid.    Some seem to like to say Bezos would glad overpay for name that thing so he won't worry about getting "a deal" I get why some would think he'd be that way but his reputation doesn't always fit that image. 

What makes me think that is this delay from Bezos as to making a move coupled with Sheehan keeps saying he's heard the Harris group believes their bid is already an overpay.  Harris has the reputation of being a value investor.  So I wonder if Bezos' bankers are looking at this investment the same way, which is dude we can do better with another team that hits the market?

Add to the mountain-Mount Everest level of pile of crap on Dan.

Just listened to DJ Swearinger on 106.7 and Grant and Danny asked him questions about Dan.

A.  DJ would go to Dan's house to visit/socialize.

B.  He would text DJ frequently enough about other players (assuming for FA) on other teams as to what he thought about them as a scheme fit to this team. 

As Danny is now saying this fits, its on brand for Snyder.  This is a dude who craves acceptance, wants to be buddies with the players -- a jock sniffer who wants to be seen as a GM.

I still think its hilarious that when Tanya want on Schefters podcast last year for a fluff interview she said she deals with some things and Dan is the football savant in the family so he deals with that. :ols:

31 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Yeah, I think Callahan leaving was the end for GHH. He had heavily endorsed Callahan's run heavy offense and received a lot of (mostly good natured) criticism for it.

Hope he's doing ok, I liked the guy.

He really really liked Callahan.  He thought we walked into our Belichick and blew it by letting him go.  It was that and the name change that finished him off I believe. 

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And its true.  It's speculation from you that the speculation is false.  You got no way to know who they are talking to and what they know and what they don't know.  It's about do I trust you and your gut that these guys don't know anything or trust that they do?    Based on the past should I buy Sheehan based on what he's been proven right or wrong in the past or do I trust your instincts of whether i should or not. Either road is speculation. 

Yeah, but none of them have been right about anything yet.  Bram was going on and on about a name coming out before the owners meeting.  He kept saying “people who I talked to….”  And he was wrong.  

None of these folks have covered a sale like this. Jason told us he didn’t know.  Ergo, literally nobody in the organization is in the know.  if anybody was read in, it would be him. The rest of these guys are relaying information from reliable sources who are unknowingly passing along unverified rumors.

Keim has been silent on this.  He’s being smart about it.

Really, it’s what Wright said when he said he had no idea and wasn’t involved in the process.  That means nobody in the building knows anything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, but none of them have been right about anything yet.  Bram was going on and on about a name coming out before the owners meeting.  He kept saying “people who I talked to….”  And he was wrong.  

None of these folks have covered a sale like this. Jason told us he didn’t know.  Ergo, literally nobody in the organization is in the know.  if anybody was read in, it would be him. The rest of these guys are relaying information from reliable sources who are unknowingly passing along unverified rumors.

Keim has been silent on this.  He’s being smart about it.

Really, it’s what Wright said when he said he had no idea and wasn’t involved in the process.  That means nobody in the building knows anything.  

I'll give you that you walk your talk about not caring about the speculation because its clear you don't spend much time on this thread judging by this post.

I don't feel like reposting all of the stuff that others have said including Keim.  Keim has really sticked his neck out for a long time on the main plotline and big time so.

You would be right if your point is they haven't said much and no one knows for sure when the end game is because that's predicated by Dan 100% and guessing the end game has been a bad ride for everyone sans Keim.

That's true.  It just nuggets here and there.  Bram actually hasn't said much.  Keim has said more. Some of the stuff has been true, some not.  But the process has been informative enough for me.   And I've talked about who has been right more and who not, so i've paid attention. 

As for how the sources play out.  I get the vibe its like being back in High School, lets say I like a girl and she knows me.  I have a friend who is friends with that girl.  I can ask them what they've heard she thinks of me.  Or I can choose not to ask.  Me asking and finding some information about what she thinks of me is worthwhile for me -- even though some info might be relevant, some might not be.  Not everything would be correct but i am more knowledgible than previously.  And I get enough of a vibe.  And I am curious enough to know.  You are not. Cool either way. 

You are telling me I shouldn't trust the source and implying that instead I should trust your instincts over my own as for who to trust or not.  

I got no problem with anyone riding with their instincts. But heck no one here is fool proof on that front.  Heck you were the one who would tell us on the owners thread, and did so very loudly, that our instincts are off about rooting for the WP articles that were kicking Dan.  We should root instead for the articles to stop.  Speaking of Jason Wright he referenced that the constant stream of bad PR was part of their financial struggles and in turn how things will improve once they are gone and referenced that even the Snyders get it in that context.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

His $125 billion plus net worth get him a final say. No one will bid against Bezos once he’s in. Just like they didn’t against Walton. Harris was willing to go to 5 billion on the Broncos but not against Walton and he is on record saying that. Bezos is letting the little boys play their little game before the man walks in and ends it. 

You keep suggesting that everybody else will just pee themselves and run away once the mere thought of bidding against bezos occurs.

Why then did bezos not submit the first bid at somewhere around 5 billion?

Wouldn't that have scared everybody off?

If your theory is correct him waiting until everybody else has put in their best bid has cost him hundreds of millions. 

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You keep suggesting that everybody else will just pee themselves and run away once the mere thought of bidding against bezos occurs.

Why then did bezos not submit the first bid at somewhere around 5 billion?

Wouldn't that have scared everybody off?

If your theory is correct him waiting until everybody else has put in their best bid has cost him hundreds of millions. 

He (allegedly) wasn't allowed to participate in the opening round.

• Like 1

Just now, ntotoro said:

Still assuming, of course, that Bezos and his advisors are actually interested and not just going to wait-out whatever happens in Seattle. Much less work needed, quicker profit.

Quicker profit vs much bigger overall return if the cards are played right. 

This is what I was referencing in a post.  Among other things about the wicked witch is dead -- no more Dan the GM crap.  Everytime we hear that with this regime he stopped doing it, later on stories come out that its not so.

To me Tanya saying that Dan is the football savant in the family less than a year ago says it all.  

• Like 1

Dan can wait on Bezos as long as he needs to and as long as the Bezos possibility is on the table.

I gotta imagine getting money thru loans can't be very hard when you sitting on a well known sale, so financials won't put much of a timer on this. The other owners are cool letting him do his thing to avoid a mess and as long as he is willing to leave they wont force the issue.

The only real actions that can pressure this thing are:

current bidders putting an expiration date or leaving the sale altogether

or

Bezos walking away.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Dan can wait on Bezos as long as he needs to and as long as the Bezos possibility is on the table.

I gotta imagine getting money thru loans can't be very hard when you sitting on a well known sale, so financials won't put much of a timer on this. The other owners are cool letting him do his thing to avoid a mess and as long as he is willing to leave they wont force the issue.

The only real actions that can pressure this thing are:

current bidders putting an expiration date or leaving the sale altogether

or

Bezos walking away.

Feels like Harris is resting his case, up to Dan now.  So Dan is scrambiling to see if Bezos beats it and will hang in there with that until Bezos either bids or says no.  So it feels like at this point the waiting game is likely predicated on Bezos.

Keim sticking with don't rule out the mystery bidder.

• Thanks 2

Snyder pretty much has to sell by May when those big signing bonuses due. It makes no sense for him to be writing those checks to guys like Payne etc. when the next owner(s) can be on the hook for it. Even he's smart enough to see that. I'm sure the Harris group and the other bidder(s) can wait another month and change.

• Like 1