Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I get the impression that Dan thought Billionaires would be tripping over themselves to outbid each other. His own little fantasy of watching the auction price go up by an extra 200 million every hour or so. And in his fantasy, he envisioned being able to stick his tongue out at Bezos while making him regret ever purchasing the WaPo.

Piecing together different narratives it feels that way. In retrospect it was hilarious that he leaked to Forbes he has offers well north of 7 billion early on in the process. 

According to Sheehan, the practice of going through the books, chased some potential buyers away and in turn he doesn't have that many bidders left, according to some, he currently just has one serious bidder.  And that serious bidder seems like is sticking to their guns with an offer just short of 6.  Now he needs Bezos to rescue him -- so the tables have turned on that front.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I'll never understand this mentality especially from someone an ocean away.

The locals I can see it, they have the "home team" to cling to but those of us that aren't or never were local our history is all we have.

If i wanted a completely fresh start with no association to our past whatsoever that'd be just about as easy it gets, I'd just be a chiefs fan, voila instant fan of a contender. 

But it's not that easy for me or for thousands of others, we need something from the past to tie us to our future otherwise it's just another bandwagon.

It's not pathetic at all to want our name to at least remind us of what we've loved all our lives.

I don't have to justify my fandom to you. I've been a Redskins fan longer than many (Americans) on this Forum and spend a lot of money watching/following them. As we all debated strongly at the time putting Red in front of anything was just pandering to the "keep the Redskins name" crowd. It needed a clean break, unfortunately Commanders was just an awful choice. Wolves on it's own is a fine name and doesn't need Red tagged on to it. Warriors is possibly even better.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Piecing together different narratives it feels that way. In retrospect it was hilarious that he leaked to Forbes he has offers well north of 7 billion early on in the process. 

According to Sheehan, the practice of going through the books, chased some potential buyers away and in turn he doesn't have that many bidders left, according to some, he currently just has one serious bidder.  And that serious bidder seems like is sticking to their guns with an offer just short of 6.  Now he needs Bezos to rescue him -- so the tables have turned on that front.

Those books must be super sketchy.

Who knows what sort of accounting voodoo Snyder has been using over the years to cheat not only his minority owners but possibly the league and by extension the players union out of their just dues.

Snyder better wise up and take the best offer out there while he can.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I don't have to justify my fandom to you. I've been a Redskins fan longer than many (Americans) on this Forum and spend a lot of money watching/following them. As we all debated strongly at the time putting Red in front of anything was just pandering to the "keep the Redskins name" crowd. It needed a clean break, unfortunately Commanders was just an awful choice. Wolves on it's own is a fine name and doesn't need Red tagged on to it. Warriors is possibly even better.

Your take as to the name fits Sheehan to a tee, he wants to change Commanders but hates the Redwolves name

1 hour ago, UK Skins said:

I never said you had to justify anything, just said I don't understand it.

If anything you're the one asking for justification by calling our opinion pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am pretty sure I just heard @Jumbo's head literally explode.

I would also like to make a request. I will have limited internet access next week until late Friday, If an announcement is made before then please refrain from posting links and commenting about it until Friday eve at the earliest. Thanks

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

To be fair I don't like Red anything but that's interesting all the same 🤔

I like Hawaiian Punch, the red coke can, ketchup, and red cars.  I had a pair of red pants once.  But it was the 80’s, so maybe I can be forgiven for that mortal sin.  

Don’t hate on Red.  It’s a great color.  :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am pretty sure I just heard @Jumbo's head literally explode.

Jumbos head exploded;

TK is trying to find a WWE gif that translates

Martin is literally wondering if you botched the Kings English

and SoCal is trying to find a way to name the new thread the "Bezo's owner thread"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My believe is that something new ownership probably COULD do quickly even though the league has rules around branding and how long in between is..... before messing with the name. Go back to the Uniforms they did for the Washington Football Team year. Basically the Redskins one with "Redskins" replaced with Washington under the neckline in small font. On the helmet. Whatever. Use the W or go to the numbers on the helmet. But dumping the Tanyaverse look could and shoulder happen fast if possible. Personally, I'd like that design but the burgundy darker and the gold darker like the 70th unis. But, that's not really "going back".

So, just dump the current ones. Go back one year. Then focus on the important **** before the name again. If they did that and **** starts turning around. People might feel differently. Right now they changed the name and basically the colors at the same time like they were moving cities. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I see red jerseys
And I want them painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black

I see the dance squad walk by
Dressed in their gym clothes
I have to turn my head
Until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars
And they're all painted black
Trying to drum up the fanbase and nostalgia
Both never to come back

I've seen people turn their heads
And quickly look away
When I say I'm a Commies fan
It just happens everyday

I look inside myself
And see my heart is black
I see my Redskins helmet
I must have it painted black

Maybe then, I'll fade away
And not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up
When your whole color palette is black

No more will my mustard pants
Get redesigned a deeper gold
I could not foresee this thing
Happening before the team is sold

If I look hard enough
Into the setting sun
Jim Zorn will laugh with me
Before the morning comes
Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, NickyJ said:
I see red jerseys
And I want them painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black

I see the dance squad walk by
Dressed in their gym clothes
I have to turn my head
Until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars
And they're all painted black
Trying to drum up the fanbase and nostalgia
Both never to come back

I've seen people turn their heads
And quickly look away
When I say I'm a Commies fan
It just happens everyday

I look inside myself
And see my heart is black
I see my Redskins helmet
I must have it painted black

Maybe then, I'll fade away
And not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up
When your whole color palette is black

No more will my mustard pants
Get redesigned a deeper gold
I could not foresee this thing
Happening before the team is sold

If I look hard enough
Into the setting sun
Jim Zorn will laugh with me
Before the morning comes

Please, no.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can I make a request?  Could we table the name speculation/discussion until after a new owner is announced? Or create a separate renaming thread? It all wild guesswork and we’ve been over it for 4 years.  It’s exhausting.  And irrelevant, at least for now.

I agree,

But I would believe this thread is already more than appropriated:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can I make a request?  Could we table the name speculation/discussion until after a new owner is announced? Or create a separate renaming thread? It all wild guesswork and we’ve been over it for 4 years.  It’s exhausting.  And irrelevant, at least for now.

You say that like most of this thread isn't exhausting and irrelevant.  

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

With the exception of the initial posts, this thread has only been a thread of speculation and any discussion of rebranding definitely fits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I get the impression that Dan thought Billionaires would be tripping over themselves to outbid each other. His own little fantasy of watching the auction price go up by an extra 200 million every hour or so. And in his fantasy, he envisioned being able to stick his tongue out at Bezos while making him regret ever purchasing the WaPo. Then when the auctioneers gavel finally slammed at a price north of $8B or so, sailing away thinking how he had shown the world what a successful businessman he really was. 

But then, after reality set in......

Reality can be a bummer.

Edited by Redwards

@Redwards you may want to edit your post, it's going against the rules and the profanity filter I believe :)

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Those books must be super sketchy.

Who knows what sort of accounting voodoo Snyder has been using over the years to cheat not only his minority owners but possibly the league and by extension the players union out of their just dues.

Snyder better wise up and take the best offer out there while he can.

I believe that yes, this team for many "interested" was not looking that great.

Harris isn't meeting 6 Billion, and Bezos seems to be cold about it too. So Dan is not gonna make as much money as he first hoped to.

Dan will never cease to amaze me. Each time I'm expecting him to fail big time about everything he does. And he always ends up doing it even worse than envisioned.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1