Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

43 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Please excuse me. I'm trying to convince myself that all hope is not lost, mate.

I don't think all is lost on the Bezos front.

In spite of one poster here who at times makes it feel like its a binary exercise about Bezos, I don't think too many here see it like that.  I think most of us are in on Bezos, too, its just that not everyone sees him as 1A.   Preferring Harris doesn't mean not liking Bezos.  We can like chocolate chip ice cream and also vanilla too -- it doesn't have to be one but not the other. 

Speaking for myself, Bezos is 1B -- my main concerns with him are I've read enough about him to get the picture that he often can be a big time douche personality wise and isn't the easiest or nicest guy to work for and he's never run a sports team -- so for me he brings more wildcard than Harris but don't get me wrong, I'll roll the dice on an A-hole personality with his level of wealth so I'll be plenty happy if he ends up with the team, too. 

If I were in the small but very vocal Bezos or bust crowd, I think I'd feel good about some things and concerned about some other things.  The good news is it seems like Dan while dabbled with the idea of blocking Bezos from bidding, got over it, I think we got enough indications that he'd be happy to sell to Bezos.  That to me felt like the biggest hurdle for Bezos and now that seems to be gone and looks like has been gone for awhile.   

The concern I'd have is I am not so convinced that Bezos is the type to gladly overpay for whatever just because he could.    And the Harris group aren't dummies.  He and Rales have the reputation of being sharp and understanding value.   Sheehan has said he's heard that the Harris group already believes they are overpaying with their last bid.

Some questioned here how can Sheehan know anything and his sources must be in that building and they know nothing there.  I think the building sources are more linked to what they are hearing about Dan.  But clearly he has a direct pipeline source to Harris and its obvious who it is for anyone listening to his podcasts or reading this thread regularly.  i guess the other thing that would make me feel pessimistic is Bram and Sheehan not agreeing with Perez as for how long this is likely to go.  But I think on that front, that is where I do agree there is no way to know because the ultimate decider on the timeline is Dan.

The dude who wrote the article about Bezos the other day, business reporter who was on 106.7 and knows Bezos it seems was really all over the place as for whether Bezos does this.  He's confident that Bezos wants to buy an NFL team, not per se confident its this one.  So on that front, some think Bezos would love to own this team because of Congress and its a power center.  Some think he wouldn't, Seattle more of his passion, and might be turned off by all the costs involved to make it work here.

I think the 2 biggest wildcards left are.

A.  When does Dan decide to sell, only he knows his own timeline for that naturally

B.  How does Bezos feel about this specific investment? 

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd guess the delay is Bezos is still studying this investment with his bankers-financial people and hasn't made up his mind yet.  So at a minimum I doubt he's out because if he were out, you'd figure that would come out. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Wasn’t sure is this was posted or not.

I was a Red Wolves supporter and would love for that to be the new & permanent name.

Most important is kicking out Dan, but this would definitely influence me towards one of the potential ownership groups (subordinate to other criteria like a well-fun FO, etc. but still up there) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I was a Red Wolves supporter and would love for that to be the new & permanent name.

Most important is kicking out Dan, but this would definitely influence me towards one of the potential ownership groups (subordinate to other criteria like a well-fun FO, etc. but still up there) 

I could live with Harris Redwolves over Bezos Commanders. I hate commanders that much. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Snyder pretty much has to sell by May when those big signing bonuses due. It makes no sense for him to be writing those checks to guys like Payne etc. when the next owner(s) can be on the hook for it. Even he's smart enough to see that. I'm sure the Harris group and the other bidder(s) can wait another month and change.

Why are the signing bonus payments being due any kind of deadline in relation to the sale? They come out of team accounts and cash flow - Snyder does not have to put his hand into his pocket to cover the costs and the level and timing of these payments would have been part of the financial due diligence and factored into the offer price. I don’t think they impact the timeline at all personally.

That’s the real issue here - there is no single compelling event which creates a deadline to get this completed. In the absence of a compelling event deals tend to drag on much longer than they should even when both parties are broadly agreed on moving forward.

We don’t know what’s happening, Harris might already have written a deadline into his offer or have some kind of broad agreement on timeline. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Old man gonna be dreaming tonight...

The Washington Red Wolves  (or just plain Wolves) with a bad ass wolf howling logo.

A new training complex labeled the Wolf's Lair.

Playing at the brand spanking new Wolfs Den Stadium.

Our defense unofficially nicknamed the wolf pack (apologies to NC State).

A full blooded huge mean looking trained dire wolf mascot roaming the fields looking for trouble.

The stadium filled with wolf howls after big plays.

Snyder banished across the pond jealous of our success.

Oh yeah!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I agree we need to get rid of Commanders but if it's Red wolves then I'm out. Hate it more than even Commanders. Pathetic attempt to pretend we are still the Redskins

I’d prefer just wolves, but I also don’t care about the name as much as some

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Old man gonna be dreaming tonight...

The Washington Red Wolves with a bad ass wolf howling logo.

A new training complex labeled the Wolf's Lair.

Playing at the brand spanking new Wolfs Den Stadium.

Our defense unofficially nicknamed the wolf pack (apologies to NC State).

A full blooded huge mean looking trained dire wolf mascot.

The stadium filled with wolf howls after big plays.

Oh yeah!

And a QB named Sam Howl.

• Like 1

Saw that NFL Notifications tweet a little while ago. I'm not sure if they are credible source or not, but 6K followers aint nothin. Regardless, it is music to my ears to hear.

It would fall in line with the knowledge that specific ownership groups having plans in place to hit the ground running and my presumptions that efforts to revitalize the fanbase would be a big part of that.

It also reinforces the idea that RedWolves would again be the monumental frontrunner in terms of fan demand, which I've held onto as well.

As much as I want this story to be true, I'll remain w/ my around 50/50 chance of a rebrand. I'm not gonna bump that up because of this. I'll need more in the way of confirmation.

A man can dream tho...

• Like 2

I always thought the whole "the NFL prohibits multiple re-brands within 5 years" thing to be stupid. If someone is paying $6bn to buy a franchise and getting rid of the League's Dan Snyder problem, and they want to re-brand the team, the League is going to let them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I always thought the whole "the NFL prohibits multiple re-brands within 5 years" thing to be stupid. If someone is paying $6bn to buy a franchise and getting rid of the League's Dan Snyder problem, and they want to re-brand the team, the League is going to let them.

Its not stupid. If the Panthers could print new jerseys every year to boost sales they would. It would be diabolical to the consumer, but they wont care if they are getting that green. It also helps the NFL keep a standard of brand recognition.

New Owners are not prohibited by the 5 year rule as "New Ownership", "Relocation" and "Special Circumstances" are all reasons listed in the NFL bylaws to exempt a team from the 5 year rule. You buy a team, you can do what you want branding wise, 5 year rule be darned.

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

RVASkins: So if this group were Harris, would it turn you into a Harris fan?

SCS: Unfortunately 100% yes. 

We're on common ground here SCS.

Harris is currently my 1st choice followed by Bezos but if Bezos would do a complete rebrand and change the name to Red Wolves or Wolves and Harris wouldn't then boss man big money grip Bezos jumps to the top of my want list.

I hate everything associated with Commanders (except some of the helmets).

• Like 2