Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm feeling thirsty right now, someone hit me up with a tweet about how the third richest person in the world could pay $6 billion for a sporting franchise.

There is no could dude. There never has been. It was over before it started. The team belongs to Bezos. It’s just a matter of filling in the details officially on the paperwork. 

32 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

So, the other bidders haven't done this ?

It's just Bezos doing this ?

If we're to believe what's been put out there Bezos wasn't given the privilege to participate until late February. The others have been able to start the process in November so I'm sure it takes time to catch up. 

Breer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/03/nfl-takeaways-baker-mayfield-brock-purdy-bill-belichick-robert-kraft

The Commanders’ sale, I think, could happen soon, with an agreement in principle on a buyer and price within shouting distance. My guess would be that it’ll be DMV native Josh Harris, which would help the NFL because Harris already went through the full vetting process as part of the Broncos bidding last year and is highly thought of in ownership circles. I also believe the NFL, and Dan Snyder, shouldn’t mess around—if Harris is the guy.

Harris didn’t have an appetite for drama during the Denver process. Word was he was willing to put up $5 billion for the Broncos, but only if that offer wasn’t shopped and would definitively get him the team. Likewise, this time around, I think his offer is his offer.

That said, there’s a good level of confidence that we’ll get a vote in May. Harris, or whoever the buyer winds up being, would have to be approved by the finance committee first. After that, an exclusive negotiating window would open to finalize the structure of a deal, and the owners would vote once everything is buttoned up. There are still some nerves among NFL power brokers that Snyder will back out at the last moment. But most think it’s happening.

As for the price? Snyder’s number at the beginning of this was $7 billion. One team president told me this week that the number had come down to $6.5 billion. And as for where it actually lands, it sounds like the final figure will be closer to $6 billion, which is a healthy distance north of the $4.65 billion the Bowlen Family Trust got for the Broncos (which is one reason for the aforementioned nervousness, even after Snyder cleared out of the offices).

Either way, it at least looks like the finish line is in sight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've not heard the best things about Jeff Bezos the person.  Heck even Chris Russell referenced that point today.

And am good with Bezos buying the team in spite of his prickly personality because of all the money he's got.  But if Bezos ends up not bidding and reveals later its out of spite for the Dan leaks earlier in this process.   And in turn Harris is the only serious bid.  I'll respect Bezos some for giving it back to Dan. 

Plus the irony of Bezos fighting fire with fire and Dan losing out likely for hundreds of millions of dollars because of a approach predicated by high-strung emotions that backfired -- would be the perfect Shakesperian end to that douche's reign of terror. 

• Like 2

Gasparino's article read to me.

Hey I am Dan Snyder, I am a winner if I get 6 billion.  Look at how cool and successful I am.

Hey Bezos you might have been pissed about the leaks about me not selling to you -- but please please please Bezos don't believe them becase I really really need you now because Harris won't offer 6 billion and there is no real competition to his bid.

Harris if you are reading this stuff, bid that 6 billion, I told you privately its yours if you do that but you are stuborn and think I am bluffing.  You think you have me by the balls and are the only bidder but its not true.  I am not bluffing!  Bezos can bid any day now and heck the owners don't want to vote me out, the Mary Jo White report will vidncate me, and heck I might keep the team. So you are screwed eitther way if you don't give me 6 billion.

So in short, Josh Harris -- give me 6 billion or you might lose out to Bezos or i won't sell the team, pick your position. 

And to Jeff Bezos, i am sorry, sorry, sorry, I am begging you, I'll do anything you want if you give me 6 billion or more.  Without even the guise of you bidding I am not going to get the 6 billion i told the world I am getting. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Haven’t checked in for a couple days

SoCal still posting nothingness 

SiP quoting nothingness 

They say consistency is a virtue.  Whoever “they” is deserves a swift kick in the nads

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Harris dropped out of the Broncos bidding before. Watch it happen again because Dan is so desperately trying to get Bezos to overpay. 

So then Dan has nothing. The offer from the Canadian billionaire apparently wouldn't pass NFL inspection and Harris will just wait for the Cardinals (Bidwell being Snyder but with a good stadium already built).

So then Bezos says fine Dan -- not Mr. Snyder -- I'll buy your team for less than Harris was originally offering. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/03/nfl-takeaways-baker-mayfield-brock-purdy-bill-belichick-robert-kraft

The Commanders’ sale, I think, could happen soon, with an agreement in principle on a buyer and price within shouting distance. My guess would be that it’ll be DMV native Josh Harris, which would help the NFL because Harris already went through the full vetting process as part of the Broncos bidding last year and is highly thought of in ownership circles. I also believe the NFL, and Dan Snyder, shouldn’t mess around—if Harris is the guy.

Harris didn’t have an appetite for drama during the Denver process. Word was he was willing to put up $5 billion for the Broncos, but only if that offer wasn’t shopped and would definitively get him the team. Likewise, this time around, I think his offer is his offer.

That said, there’s a good level of confidence that we’ll get a vote in May. Harris, or whoever the buyer winds up being, would have to be approved by the finance committee first. After that, an exclusive negotiating window would open to finalize the structure of a deal, and the owners would vote once everything is buttoned up. There are still some nerves among NFL power brokers that Snyder will back out at the last moment. But most think it’s happening.

As for the price? Snyder’s number at the beginning of this was $7 billion. One team president told me this week that the number had come down to $6.5 billion. And as for where it actually lands, it sounds like the final figure will be closer to $6 billion, which is a healthy distance north of the $4.65 billion the Bowlen Family Trust got for the Broncos (which is one reason for the aforementioned nervousness, even after Snyder cleared out of the offices).

Either way, it at least looks like the finish line is in sight.

This is from Sunday night and doesn’t include any of the recent Bezos reporting. It’s over man. Harris is done. Come to grips with that fact. Jeff Bezos is buying this team. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is no could dude. There never has been. It was over before it started. The team belongs to Bezos. It’s just a matter of filling in the details officially on the paperwork. 

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is from Sunday night and doesn’t include any of the recent Bezos reporting. It’s over man. Harris is done. Come to grips with that fact. Jeff Bezos is buying this team. 

Bro. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bro. 

Facts. I am right. Period.

Bezos was going to win this the whole time. I don’t understand why it’s in doubt. He has the resources, he has the interest and he is buying it. It’s very simple. 

Harris put in his best and final 3 weeks ago come Friday. That was the 1st and goal tweets.  Magic confirmed that’s their bid meaning they are not adjusting it.

There may be the unknown bidder to wait out or the Canadian guy to officially submit his bid. But we are in the end game. The end game has always been Bezos acquiring this team. Nothing has changed that fact. No one bidding has the resources to compete. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

If we're to believe what's been put out there Bezos wasn't given the privilege to participate until late February. The others have been able to start the process in November so I'm sure it takes time to catch up. 

You would think that Bezos, who doesn't have to worry about the money,  particularly bringing in other people to pool his money with, could get the vetting of the teams' books and any possible future financial troubles, done relatively quickly.

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos was going to win this the whole time. I don’t understand why it’s in doubt. He has the resources, he has the interest and he is buying it. It’s very simple. 

Dude, it was roughly a week or so ago where you were whining about Harris, likening him to Putin, and convinced he was going to buy this team with food stamps.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Corrected
  • Haha 12

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris put in his best and final 3 weeks ago come Friday. That was the 1st and goal tweets.  Magic confirmed that’s their bid meaning they are not adjusting it.

There may be the unknown bidder to wait out or the Canadian guy to officially submit his bid. But we are in the end game. The end game has always been Bezos acquiring this team. Nothing has changed that fact. No one bidding has the resources to compete. 

I hope you’re right, mostly because of your own safety. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dude, it was roughly a week or so ago where you were whining about Harris, likening him to Hitler, and convinced he was going to buy this team with food stamps.

I have never wavered from Bezos buying this team. I have made comments about the others trying to compete to acquire the team. I chimed in on the Putin doppelgänger and his band of RG3 partners putting their pennies together. 

I never used the word Hitler. 

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I have never wavered from Bezos buying this team. I have made comments about the others trying to compete to acquire the team. I chimed in on the Putin doppelgänger and his band of RG3 partners putting their pennies together. 

I never used the word Hitler. 

You are right, it was Putin but if what you were doing was just chiming in, Dan was just kind of a bad owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

The binary stuff, Bezos and all the others are as bad Dan is your gig.

Like I told you and said unsolicited plenty of times, I'd be happy if it ends up Bezos. I prefer Harris but Bezos to me is 1B. 

He just IMO does not deserve the cult worshipping stuff --  none of these guys are worth idolization including Bezos.

As for this is Bezos' to lose and its over  -- you and I have a totally different view of jinxing things :ols:, if i was as infatuated with Bezos as you seem to be, I'd temper it down, feels like a jinx. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I pray that bezos wins this team. Not only because of the fact that he has the money to build something special, not only because I believe he’s our best shot at getting us back into DC, but because he ****ing deserves it. If it wasn’t for his biweekly hit articles since he took over WaPo we wouldn’t be talking about a sale. The man was playing 4D chess by acquiring the paper and we’re in this glorious place where the Snyder era conclusion is in sight. I truly never thought we’d be here in my lifetime. 

Bezos, take it home!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I pray that bezos wins this team. Not only because of the fact that he has the money to build something special, not only because I believe he’s our best shot at getting us back into DC, but because he ****ing deserves it. If it wasn’t for his biweekly hit articles since he took over WaPo we wouldn’t be talking about a sale. The man was playing 4D chess by acquiring the paper and we’re in this glorious place where the Snyder era conclusion is in sight. I truly never thought we’d be here in my lifetime. 

Bezos, take it home!

Reporting is not the same as publishing “hit articles”. The reporting from the Post exposing Snyder LONG predates Bezos, he’s just gotten sloppier and owed a lot more people a lot more money in the last few years so the house of cards finally collapsed. Once the digging around the team culture started and he had pissed off his minority share owners and Bruce Allen, it was the beginning of the end. 

People here HATED Sally Jenkins for over a decade, when they were still in denial about Snyder. Those same people will pretend they never felt that way now and always hated Snyder. 

It predated Bezos, big time. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Reporting is not the same as publishing “hit articles”. The reporting against Snyder LONG predates Snyder, he’s just gotten sloppier and owed a lot more people a lot more money in the last few years so the house of cards finally collapsed. 

People here HATED Sally Jenkins for over a decade, when they were still in denial about Snyder. Those same people will pretend they never felt that way now and always hated Snyder. 

It predated Bezos, big time. 

Exactly, Jason La Canfora is still hated around these parts for telling the truth about this franchise while a beat reporter for the Post which was way before JB took over the paper. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1