Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Conn said:

So now the theory is that the savior Bezos who was gonna throw his couch change at Snyder to instantly dominate the end game—that guy has secretly made a bid no one knows about that’s so unimpressive Snyder is just sitting on it? 

Somehow I don’t think that’s how it plays out, right? He either doesn’t bid at all (my theory) or bids decisively enough to end it, whatever that means for he and Snyder (SoCal’s theory). Isn’t that what you guys have been predicting all along? 

I doubt he has bid. When he bids it will be over. Allen and company will soft negotiate a winning number with BofA and that will be that. 

That won’t happen until all other bidders have come in. Harris has his bid in currently. The Canadarian guy is apparently trying to solidify his and there is supposedly a mystery bidder with resources still in. 

We are getting close but not quite done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I doubt that purely financially speaking, buying this team at 6B is worth it.

Especially not if you do not intend to sell it at some point. But I doubt NFL owners would be pleased if they see their toy being seen as just casual speculative stuff...

Bidding at 6 Billion, then add facilities and stadium, and you reach 8 or more. That's a ****ing lot of money that you aren't gonna reimburse with a 5 or 10M bucks each year... That would take eons to get any return of investment.

So you don't really get after something like that just for the financial part of it nowadays.

$6B is a lot of money - but it’s not a lot in terms of business acquisition. And an NFL franchise is a very profitable and cash positive business to acquire. 

It’s a ‘fixer upper’ but there is money to made in the real estate portion of building a new stadium outside just the value of the franchise growing through the investment. 

I don’t know what the numbers say - but $6B is not a big sticker price. Heck Twitter was sold for $44B, loses money and is (apparently) running on architecture held together with sticky tape and old chewing gum. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I doubt that purely financially speaking, buying this team at 6B is worth it.

Especially not if you do not intend to sell it at some point. But I doubt NFL owners would be pleased if they see their toy being seen as just casual speculative stuff...

Bidding at 6 Billion, then add facilities and stadium, and you reach 8 or more. That's a ****ing lot of money that you aren't gonna reimburse with a 5 or 10M bucks each year... That would take eons to get any return of investment.

So you don't really get after something like that just for the financial part of it nowadays.

I've been thinking along these lines also.

On paper, the Seahawks would be a better investment with far less legal baggage attached. There would be less initial outlay (no immediate need to build a new stadium) and they already have a strong fanbase in place.

The thing is that owning a sports team is not just on paper, there are emotional elements to consider also. So, who would Bezos prefer to own, which team is he more likely to be emotionally invested in?

According to his bio: Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on January 12, 1964. He was raised largely in Houston, Texas, and moved to Miami, Florida, as a teenager.

Would someone who was raised in Texas want to own the old Redskins? I don't know. In the last three years he's been "linked" to purchasing the Chargers, Seahawks, Lions and now the Commanders according to Business Insider. Linked to purchasing and actually purchasing are obviously two completely different things.

The conventional wisdom is that if Bezos wants something, then he gets it. Some on here seem to think that it's a done deal, I'm not so sure. If he just wants to own a football team and doesn't care which one it is, the Seahawks look like a far better choice.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I doubt he has bid. When he bids it will be over. Allen and company will soft negotiate a winning number with BofA and that will be that. 

That won’t happen until all other bidders have come in. Harris has his bid in currently. The Canadarian guy is apparently trying to solidify his and there is supposedly a mystery bidder with resources still in. 

We are getting close but not quite done.

Who says Bezos gets the final say? If Bezos swoops in and tops the other offers like you say, why wouldn’t Snyder/BOA circle back to the other bidders to see if they are willing to increase their bids to beat it? If the plan for Bezos is to out bid everybody in the end, then why doesn’t he just get on with it? Delaying isn’t helping him at all, and meanwhile, Snyder is just draining more resources from the checkbook like collecting his $10 million salary.

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Who says Bezos gets the final say? If Bezos swoops in and tops the other offers like you say, why wouldn’t Snyder/BOA circle back to the other bidders to see if they are willing to increase their bids to beat it? If the plan for Bezos is to out bid everybody in the end, then why doesn’t he just get on with it? Delaying isn’t helping him at all, and meanwhile, Snyder is just draining more resources from the checkbook like collecting his $10 million salary.

His $125 billion plus net worth get him a final say. No one will bid against Bezos once he’s in. Just like they didn’t against Walton. Harris was willing to go to 5 billion on the Broncos but not against Walton and he is on record saying that. Bezos is letting the little boys play their little game before the man walks in and ends it. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

His $125 billion plus net worth get him a final say. No one will bid against Bezos once he’s in. Just like they didn’t against Walton. Harris was willing to go to 5 billion on the Broncos but not against Walton and he is on record saying that. Bezos is letting the little boys play their little game before the man walks in and ends it. 

If this is the case, I cannot wrap my mind around why he wouldn't just make an offer Dan can't refuse and end it. There's no point in waiting if all he's doing is "letting the little boys play their little game."

• Like 2

Don''t kill the messenger. :ols: so for anyone who is burnt out and don't want to hear more gossip on it, cool, just don't read the rest of the post...

Both Bram and Sheehan in seperate radio segments -- Sheehan are hearing its days more not weeks more, this or next week.  Sheehan is aware of the Perez report saying its likely going into May but he said people he trusts are telling him sooner but on this issue you never know.   Thinks Harris is still the front runner.  

Bram said something similar as to the timing, could be as soon as the end of the this week, he also said he believes but he's not 100% sure that the mystery bidder has something to do with a hedge fund.  If so, I gather there has to be a head of that hedge fund who would be the bidder because you need one partner at 30%.  He said he believes before the draft is worst case as for timing.

Sheehan connecting the dots about what happened with Bezos was Dan was genuinely reluctant to sell to Bezos months back when things looked more promising as for bidders and the price he'd get.  But once the potential bidders went through the books, some dropped out and things have not gone as planned for Dan so he had a change of heart about Bezos and now is trying to convince him he was good with Bezos the whole time.

That sounds right to me considering Keim is almost never wrong and months ago did say indeed Dan is reluctant to sell to Bezos. And even Perez who has been the most consistent on Bezos has a shot at this referenced in one of his tweets a shift from Dan on the issue during the process.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

If this is the case, I cannot wrap my mind around why he wouldn't just make an offer Dan can't refuse and end it. There's no point in waiting if all he's doing is "letting the little boys play their little game."

Why spend an extra couple hundred million if you don't have to? Wait to see where everything lands, then make the offer if you want it.

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

But, as others have said, folks don't want to bid against Bezos. All he would need to do if that's the case is make it official and then be done with it. 

We don't know that he hasn't. EVERYTHING is speculation at this point. 

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

But then we're contradicting ourselves saying no one wants to bid against Bezos. Anyway, whatever, I just want Dan gone.

Maybe, nobody knows what the **** is really happening aside from the parties involved. 

• Like 2

These Besos Boasts would be more impressive if there were some username or signature bets going on. Something like Gibbshogsheaven (Can't find him anymore, did his account get deleted?) had for his signature with "I'm in love with Sexy Rexy".

It wouldn't have to be permanent change, just a few decades.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Both Bram and Sheehan in seperate radio segments -- Sheehan are hearing its days more not weeks more, this or next week.  Sheehan is aware of the Perez report saying its likely going into May but he said people he trusts are telling him sooner but on this issue you never know.   Thinks Harris is still the front runner.  

And here I will state that the people they are talking to probably have no actual information to base their theory on.  

Jason Wright did an interview with JP which aired on his pod (I think it was JP, I was listening to and catching up on podcasts during a road trip, so if it’s not JP, then it’s Keim or Standig) and came out and said he’s not involved in the sale process except that he has met with some of the bidders and provided them information on the business side of the organization.  Ie: color on forecast and revenue projections, more information on needed investments, other business stuff.  But he was clear that the “family office” is running the transaction and he’s not privy to any of it other than when he is asked to speak to bidders.  And he said he wishes the reporting would stop.  (He should probably tell his boss to keep his damn yap shut in that case.)

But I REALLY don’t think anybody Sheehan or Bram are taking to actually have any idea.  

Bram had been saying he’s heard a winner would be announced before the March owners meeting for 6 weeks and it didn’t happen.

Here’s what I believe: the deal will happen and a new owner will be in place before training camp.  Dan’s going to try and maximize his return, he has no particular reason to move quickly except he gets paid faster.  

I think all the “water cooler” reporting has been proven to be mostly wrong and based on hunches.  JP stepped in the cow poop with the “first and goal” night.  Bram and Sheehan have been more careful, but they have both said what they are hearing from people inside the organization.  I’m not sure who that is for Sheehan.  I bet for Bram it starts with Julie and other media relation/marketing execs.  I don’t think any of them are in the know, especially if Wright said he is not in the know, because he’s not part of the same process except to inform bidders of business information when asked.  

Anyway, all this to say I don’t think anybody has any idea except for Dan.  And apart from working Gasperino to beg Bezos to bid, he’s not saying anything.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

These Besos Boasts would be more impressive if there were some username or signature bets going on. Something like Gibbshogsheaven (Can't find him anymore, did his account get deleted?) had for his signature with "I'm in love with Sexy Rexy".

It wouldn't have to be permanent change, just a few decades.

Anyone can feel free to use 'Jeff Bozos' if they want to:

Dw1x3gdW0AA9wAj?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 4
  • Thumb down 1

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Gibbshogsheaven

image.jpeg.e356df930e2de24bf95403ad5b326c39.jpeg

I now pine for the days when he was blasting Shanny as the worst coach in Redskins history because he was mistreating “10.”

And his postgame rants were epic.  @KDawg’s next day threads are great.  But they lack the flair and entertainment value of a GHH post loss meltdown.  

I think he got himself banned somehow but he basically checked out after Griffin wasn’t the starter anymore, hung out in the tailgate a bunch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was pretty closely aligned with GHH, but we took divergent paths around the time he started the Briles Files thread. My heart was set on Mike Zimmer, so we both got heartbroken. I thought he still stopped by a few years ago though. I think he finally stopped visiting after we let Callahan walk for Rivera.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

$6B is a lot of money - but it’s not a lot in terms of business acquisition. And an NFL franchise is a very profitable and cash positive business to acquire. 

It’s a ‘fixer upper’ but there is money to made in the real estate portion of building a new stadium outside just the value of the franchise growing through the investment. 

I don’t know what the numbers say - but $6B is not a big sticker price. Heck Twitter was sold for $44B, loses money and is (apparently) running on architecture held together with sticky tape and old chewing gum. 

Its not just a fixer-upper, the books are suspect. Twitter was sold for what it was because Musk did not check the books before his offer was locked in. He tried hard to get out of it but when he found out who was going to be in charge of figuring out whether he was still on the hook or not, he decided to plunge forth.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I was pretty closely aligned with GHH, but we took divergent paths around the time he started the Briles Files thread. My heart was set on Mike Zimmer, so we both got heartbroken. I thought he still stopped by a few years ago though. I think he finally stopped visiting after we let Callahan walk for Rivera.

As far as I can remember @Long n Left told me he left when the franchise changed his name. I hope he's doing well and that he'll be back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

He last posted 16 hours ago.

He means that Long n Left told him that GHH left after the franchise name change. Which is true, I found his account (I forgot it had spaces in it) https://es.redskins.com/profile/168503-gibbs-hog-heaven/

Now I yearn for the days of DC9, GHH, and posts like this one:

On 10/11/2013 at 1:10 AM, ZRagone said:

Looking at the schedule recently, I"m actually shocked that I'm actually having a positive view for potentially salvaging this season. It won't be easy, and it requires us to start playing a higher level.....but I think if we can get back to playing at anywhere close to what we were at the end of last season we'll have a shot.

Realistically, let's keep looking at things in quarters of a season. We put ourselves behind the 8 ball going 1-3 in the first quarter.

Second Quarter

At Dallas / Bears / At Denver/ Chargers

This is probably our most difficult quarter. The Denver game is almost certainly a loss. The Bears are looking stout. The Chargers and Dallas are going to be tough, but potentially winnable, games. We need to go 2-2 in this quarter.

Third Quarter

At Vikings / At Eagles / 49ers / Giants

We HAVE to go 3-1 in this quarter. This is our best chance to make up ground for our 1-3 start. The Vikings, Eagles, and Giants are all winnable games and the 49ers are similar to the bears where it'll be difficult but an outside shot at being winnable.

Fourth Quarter

Chiefs / At Falcons / Cowboys / At Giants

And here's where it'll get interesting. If we manage to go 2-2 and then 3-1 in the previous two quarters, we wind up sitting at 6-6 and in the running for the division.

The Chiefs, obviously, is going to be a difficult game if they keep up as they've been doing. The Falcons, with White and Jone's injuries, should be FAR less scary than it was earlier in the year and definitely a winnable contest. The "Trap game" here to me is AT the giants at the end of the year, where they're playing spoiler.

If we go 2-2, we have an mild shot at the playoffs with how the NFC east has been. But if we go 3-1 in this stretch, I think we definitely get into the playoffs.

Now, if we keep playing like we have the first four games, it doesn't matter because there's no way we go at least 7 and 5 in our final 12. But if we can put things together even 80% of our peak last year, I think this may actually have an outside chance of being doable.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

I've been thinking along these lines also.

On paper, the Seahawks would be a better investment with far less legal baggage attached. There would be less initial outlay (no immediate need to build a new stadium) and they already have a strong fanbase in place.

The thing is that owning a sports team is not just on paper, there are emotional elements to consider also. So, who would Bezos prefer to own, which team is he more likely to be emotionally invested in?

According to his bio: Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on January 12, 1964. He was raised largely in Houston, Texas, and moved to Miami, Florida, as a teenager.

Would someone who was raised in Texas want to own the old Redskins? I don't know. In the last three years he's been "linked" to purchasing the Chargers, Seahawks, Lions and now the Commanders according to Business Insider. Linked to purchasing and actually purchasing are obviously two completely different things.

The conventional wisdom is that if Bezos wants something, then he gets it. Some on here seem to think that it's a done deal, I'm not so sure. If he just wants to own a football team and doesn't care which one it is, the Seahawks look like a far better choice.  

Well, having lots of relatives who are in Texas, I can tell you there are lots of die-hard Redskin fans down there.  There are also a lot of NFC-East first fans down there. Many I've talked to come from a family line that simply realized that now they could root for a team on Sundays as well as Saturdays and Fridays.  I have to say that most of the Cowboy die-hards I've known are not from Texas.  Growing up in Houston at that time, he'd been likely have been either a Houston Oilers fan or a KC fan as a Cowboy fan. Moving to Miami, well until about 1960, that was Redskin territory, so even in the 70s, there would have been lots of 'Skin fans, especially among the older guys (though that was declining). A major reason I am a 'Skins fan was the near die-hard Redskin kin I have in southern Florida.

Further, since the Washington club has work needed that can be tangibly be done by leadership (new stadium, new digs, branding issues) along with items that can be at least partially fixed by money (ie, better scouting staff, better support of logistics/marketing personnel, improved office environment, questionable books, etc) and has not been a marque organization since the 90s. You are going to get a much higher and easier lift to your legacy than any where else.  For instance, in Seattle it is almost all going to be about finding the right coach, leadership and minimizing your own footprint.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

image.jpeg.e356df930e2de24bf95403ad5b326c39.jpeg

I now pine for the days when he was blasting Shanny as the worst coach in Redskins history because he was mistreating “10.”

And his postgame rants were epic.  @KDawg’s next day threads are great.  But they lack the flair and entertainment value of a GHH post loss meltdown.  

I think he got himself banned somehow but he basically checked out after Griffin wasn’t the starter anymore, hung out in the tailgate a bunch. 

I think the departure of Bill Callahan was the last straw, haven’t seen him since.  I do miss his epic rants about Callahans professionalism and how the team was going to kick ass with him

at the helm, and then hire him as head coach.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1