Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

45 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Wasn’t sure is this was posted or not.

If we went with uniforms and a logo like this I would actually cry tears of happiness. I know I know, we need to leave the past behind… but when I compare this to the current Commanders uniforms and logo I can’t help wanting something better. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

It is mind blowing to me that people are still making the same arguments they were making in the branding thread 3 years ago today.  I wanted Wolves or Warriors also, but I will be damned if i am getting my hopes up on any of that at this point.  The name has been Commanders for a little over a year and there is no reason to believe the NFL is going to allow another rebrand anytime soon.  

I thought it was all about getting rid of Dan?  The team hasn’t even officially been sold yet.  

• Like 4

Doubt they’re going to go through another rebrand. I suspect the majority of fans will become more tolerable of the name Commanders once Snyder is gone and new ownership takes over. Just slightly alter the unis by adding stripes down the sides of the pants and I’ll be good lol 

15 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

It is mind blowing to me that people are still making the same arguments they were making in the branding thread 3 years ago today.  I wanted Wolves or Warriors also, but I will be damned if i am getting my hopes up on any of that at this point.  The name has been Commanders for a little over a year and there is no reason to believe the NFL is going to allow another rebrand anytime soon.  

I thought it was all about getting rid of Dan?  The team hasn’t even officially been sold yet.  

iIf Dan fired jason Wright, kept the team and named the team Redwolves. It wouldn’t be the best outcome but it would be an acceptable one.

Thats how much Commanders sucks.

Get me back my #HTTR. I don’t care how it’s done. 

Just now, mcees4life said:

Doubt they’re going to go through another rebrand. I suspect the majority of fans will become more tolerable of the name Commanders once Snyder is gone and new ownership takes over. Just slightly alter the unis by adding stripes down the sides of the pants and I’ll be good lol 

You apparently don’t understand this fan base. After the 5 minute honeymoon period there will be pitchforks after the new owner to change the name. Commanders is only acceptable when there is no option. If the new owner is too cheap to address it day 1, he shouldn’t own the team.  A new stadium is far lower in the list of priorities.

There is a limited window of opportunity to change the name when the team changes hands the new owner must take advantage of that opportunity. Commanders has to go. If the new owner doesn’t do it he will be vilified. I give him 2 weeks before I turn. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

iIf Dan fired jason Wright, kept the team and named the team Redwolves. It wouldn’t be the best outcome but it would be an acceptable one.

Thats how much Commanders sucks.

Get me back my #HTTR. I don’t care how it’s done. 

Snyder staying but renaming the team to Redwolves would be an acceptable outcome SoCal? Come on, man. Get all the way the **** out of here. No name or brand is enough to warrant that statement. That’s a childish POV imo. Being in the exact same situation but with a better name changes absolutely nothing, it’s like getting your night-night blanky and your binky as you slip under the water on the sinking Titanic. 

This is why when people accuse you of still periodically defending Snyder—and don’t buy your walkbacks on it when you’re called out—your protests ring hollow. You aren’t serious when you allow that Snyder is the #1 problem, you just know you have to say that to be taken even a little bit serious. This was already clear given that you have ten times the venom for Wright compared to Snyder. It’s ****ing weird given all we know, man. 

The idea that Snyder could “buy” your loyalty or at least acceptance with a single move—some stupid team name—is embarrassing. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If the new owner doesn’t do it he will be vilified. I give him 2 weeks before I turn. 

You are an adult. You know there exists a possibility (probability?) that this just isn’t in the cards at all, with any new owner. Which makes this wildly unreasonable. This is like a temper tantrum in the context of finally ridding ourselves of the cancer that is Snyder. It’s almost hard to fathom how messed up your priorities are in this moment of triumph for the fanbase. 

But it’s good to get a sneak preview of what your linchpin issue with Harris is going to be if he is the owner, so that you can convince yourself you were right all along and NOT give it a fair chance. You’ll be able to convince yourself that if it was Bezos, he’d have spent whatever it took and gone to any length possible to change the name again. And no one will be able to prove you wrong in this hypothetical, obviously. So either way in your own mind you get to remain correct lol. 

Like, you’re the guy who convinced his kid to get onboard with Commanders, when there was no hope of another name in sight ever, so that he’d be a fan of the team even though you hate the name—but now this is your #1 passion issue that absolutely everything hinges on? After the best case miracle scenario happened and Snyder is actually selling, now this is the most important thing to you? I call BS. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Snyder staying but renaming the team to Redwolves would be an acceptable outcome SoCal? Come on, man. Get all the way the **** out of here. No name or brand is enough to warrant that statement. That’s a childish POV imo. Being in the exact same situation but with a better name changes absolutely nothing, it’s like getting your night-night blanky and your binky as you slip under the water on the sinking Titanic. 

This is why when people accuse you of still periodically defending Snyder—and don’t buy your walkbacks on it when you’re called out—your protests ring hollow. You aren’t serious when you allow that Snyder is the #1 problem, you just know you have to say that to be taken even a little bit serious. This was already clear given that you have ten times the venom for Wright compared to Snyder. It’s ****ing weird given all we know, man. 

The idea that Snyder could “buy” your loyalty or at least acceptance with a single move—some stupid team name—is embarrassing. 

There is no option for an existing owner to change the name under current rules. I was pointing out that impossible hypothetical to demonstrate how bad the commanders name sucks in my opinion. 

Again this ends with Bezos buying the team and you bowing down for your egregious misunderstanding of how this will play out. The only thing embarrassing are your takes in this thread. Unfortunately the thread will probably be closed once the new owner is named. It will seemingly allow you to save the embarrassment you would otherwise face for months, but we will always know. Your shame will never be erased. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumb down 2

35 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If the new owner doesn’t do it he will be vilified. I give him 2 weeks before I turn. 

Sorry man but this is asinine.  All we have been through with Snyder for over 20 years and you would turn on his successor in two weeks over the stupid name?  

Unreal

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1