Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Sometimes I think I've been too hard on Wright. It is possible that he was hired for one job, and then had other duties dumped on him by Snyder that he was clearly unqualified to handle, such as rebranding, Sean Taylor FUBARS, dates on championship crests, etc. We've all had bosses who do this, it's the "mission creep" mentality.

It's also possible that Snyder told him straight up what he would be responsible for, and Wright, being a McKinsey can-do type, clearly responded "can do" to Snyder. And then he went out and "can't do'd" everything.

Jason has to go regardless. Since he probably loves motivational posters, this one sums up Jason well:

A3395712-372A-407B-8ECA-A8052F35EDAC.thumb.jpeg.7c2164784aef30f39af643fc4654dc66.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

People with previously good reputations, somehow working for Dan, then somehow suck.   As Czaben said this place is the reverse car wash.

And people wonder why?  And still blame the worker for sucking and act like Dan is mutually exclusive to the exercise. 

The reason why I don't give Bruce an out for the same thing is because you can see the buffoonery on its own but even for him, I'd bet Dan made him look worse.

I've worked for a lot of bosses in my work.  I am sure plenty here have also.  When I am working for a hands on boss, who is a douce and is incompetent, it neuters my work.  Simple as that.  And none of my bosses come off anywhere near how bad Dan is.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I feel like everybody who's worked under Dan deserves some sort of a pass.

Is it a coincidence that absolutely nobody has been successful here as a coach or in the front office.

Joe could barely scrape together 10 wins.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Is it a coincidence that absolutely nobody has been successful here as a coach or in the front office.

Maybe up until Spurrier. Once Schotty was fired, you knew what you were getting into.

• Thumb up 2

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Jason Wright on Keim's podcast.

A.  Therre is only upside from Dan selling.

B.  There are sponsors and people who won't do business with the team now because of Dan-scandals and that will change as soon as he's gone

C. Allowing them to make more money will allow them to invest more in the team -- recovery equipment for the players, etc.

D.  They've communicated to the prospective owners what they believe the needed investments are for this team

E.  Getting a new good stadium is the ball and end all as for the economics of this team-fan experience.  

F.  Dan-Tanya get that this is the right time for them to sell and that it will be beneficial for the franchise

Specifically on the subject of Jason Wright, we’re all after news, and we’d mostly all agree that Dan is a negative influence running through the organisation, but specifically on Wright and his ability, I’d say some of the above is borderline unprofessional in his current role, as things currently stand in the process. IMO

That’s my issue with him, I don’t think he gets that comm’s line right. No chance he lasts under new ownership. He’s maybe throwing Dan under the bus now to salvage reputation in advance of seeking new employment soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What's sad is that people have their reputations sullied by working for Snyder and rarely get hired anywhere else, and even if they do they tend not to thrive..with the exception of talented assistant coaches who this organization completely underestimated. Schottenheimer may have been the exception as far as head coaches go, and I suppose Norv Turner worked out OK but never as a head coach again. Spurrier, Gibbs 2.0, Zorn, Shanahan, Gruden...all were tarred by their association with The Little Man. (Although in truth Zorn probably tarred himself...)

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What's sad is that people have their reputations sullied by working for Snyder and rarely get hired anywhere else, and even if they do they tend not to thrive..with the exception of talented assistant coaches who this organization completely underestimated. Schottenheimer may have been the exception as far as head coaches go, and I suppose Norv Turner worked out OK but never as a head coach again. Spurrier, Gibbs 2.0, Zorn, Shanahan, Gruden...all were tarred by their association with The Little Man. (Although in truth Zorn probably tarred himself...)

After the initial examples, the rest went in eyes wide open. Any stains they got was a known risk.

It’s like the exchange in the movie Clerks about Star Wars. The workers building the second Death Star knew the risks. They took those fat imperial contracts knowing the whole thing could be blown up. Same with people accepting offer to work for Dan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Specifically on the subject of Jason Wright, we’re all after news, and we’d mostly all agree that Dan is a negative influence running through the organisation, but specifically on Wright and his ability, I’d say some of the above is borderline unprofessional in his current role, as things currently stand in the process. IMO

That’s my issue with him, I don’t think he gets that comm’s line right. No chance he lasts under new ownership. He’s maybe throwing Dan under the bus now to salvage reputation in advance of seeking new employment soon.

If he wasn’t permitted to say what he’s been saying all over the radio and in print, Snyder would have already started releasing disparaging anonymous stuff about him. It’s clearly part of a planned PR push for the business side of the team that Snyder is fine with. 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Moon rocket like... SpaceX? Oh, Blue Origin. Sorry to put that in the universe... :rofl89:

This begging is infantile on Dan's part. Not that I expect better.

There is a mystery bidder with enormous wealth out there. Just saying…

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

It would be hilarious, but I think Dan is walking away with 6.5 billion once this thing is done. 

If the 2 so called 6 Bilion dollar bids aren't really 6 billion , Jeff really doesn't need to bid 6.5 billion. A real 6 billion bid or 6.1 billion should be enough.

Frankly, it would be funny if Bezos doesn't bid and Harris pulls his bid.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Don't see Harris pulling his bid. He's already put it together and got someone like Magic Johnson involved. He's in it to win it.

Exactly like he was with Magic and the Broncos…

If Harris loses the Seahawks bid next they can do a 30 for 30 on him being jilted at the altar multiple times. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I don't dispure some fans really really really don't like Jason.  Not to the extent of the dislike for Bruce but he defintely has a loud group of critics among some fans.

For me, he doesn't come off incompetent.   Some who know him by reputation, say he's really improved the morale and professionalism in that building after Bruce left and is seen as competent with the exception of he and others don't know much about the history of the Redskins and that's come and bit them and then of course there is Dan. 

@TSO used to make a varataion of this point which is its not that coaches and FO do not make mistakes here.  But its that Dan puts them in situations where he doesn't put them at their best and instead they have filter their work through a lense that too often brings out their worst side not their best side

I think it depends on what you want from the business guy.  For me its all about rhe stadium on that front. With Bruce he was a misstatement waiting to happen, he talked like a buffoon.  With Wright, I can't think of comical misstatements.  My main desire for the business president is to deliver a stadium and when I listen to him talk about it he comes off smart and with it, as I said over the weekend Bruce seemed a step behind always with the stadium.

Seems like Wright has taken the most arrows for the branding stuff and the Sean Tayor stuff.  Maybe that was all him but somehow I doubt it.  Dan's passion was Sean Taylor, heck Landon Collins had him at hello in FA because that was his guy.  Tanya designed the uniforms herself.   It would be on brand that Dan picked out the name.  I don't know what to believe or not but one of the weekend radio guys on 106.7 said he heard that to get Red Wolves it would require paying money for any trademark conflicts and they didn't want to spend the money on it.  When it comes to spending money, Dan is uber cheap especially in recent years.

I know some here say (not saying you) if they disagree with their boss, they just tell them to take a hike and quit and do it at the drop of a hat so they look down on everyone who do not follow their example.  I really doubt that's true in real life for most.  Me and plenty of colleagues I know hang in there when we disagree with our bosses versus uprooting our family and start over.  How many people getting good salaries here have quit?   Marty made Dan fire him, Zorn, Shanny, Norv, Cerrato, Allen, Lafemina, on and on everyone -- doesn't make them bad people -- its normal stuff IMO. 

Having said all that, I don't care who survives a purge, anyone can go as far as I care, any coach, FO person or even player.  I am only bothering posting on this because I think Dan deserves blame for the reverse car wash drill with the coaches and FO people.   With good ownership, i think the odds we hate the next spokesperson so to speak for the owner is pretty low -- if Dan stays the odds that we hate the next guy is pretty high. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise