Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If by a lot of great things you mean speak in complete sentences then I’m in full agreement.

That's an improvement alone over the previous Team President.

PHOENIX — This time, Coach Ron Rivera wants to do a better job explaining himself. If the Washington Commanders are indeed sold, he said last week at the league meetings, one of his top priorities will be to clearly, intricately detail to the new ownership group the strategy behind the major decisions he and his staff have made over the past three years.

In May 2018, Jerry Richardson, a former NFL player, sold the Carolina Panthers to David Tepper, a hedge fund manager with a reputation for being brash and hands-on. Nineteen months later, Tepper fired Rivera, and afterward, Rivera came to believe communication was a big part of the decision to let him go. (Rivera’s team was 12-16 in that span.)

“I don’t think I really had an opportunity, when the new group came in, to sit down and say, ‘This is where we are. This is what we’re doing. This is why we’ve done it, and going forward, this is what we intend to do,’” Rivera said.

He added: “You get a chance to really take a step back and look, and you say, ‘God. It would’ve been important for [Tepper] to know that. It would’ve been good for him to understand this.’ That, I think, is really, really important. I didn’t do that.”

Asked to share an example of something he wishes he’d explained better, Rivera demurred. He reiterated that he would’ve preferred more dialogue — even if it might’ve been a disagreement about scheme or specific players.

Rivera emphasized it’s also important for him to listen. He said if new owners wanted him to, he would consider drafting a quarterback in the first round of the draft, and he added that the franchise has had to drag its feet on deciding whether to pick up Chase Young’s fifth-year option because he’d like input on such a significant decision.

“I just need to make sure that we’re all on the same page,” he said.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't dispure some fans really really really don't like Jason.  Not to the extent of the dislike for Bruce but he defintely has a loud group of critics among some fans.

I tend to think that Wright is likely competent at many things...but made little if any effort to understand things specific to this team since he came on board. That to me indicates a guy with high IQ but low EQ. His multiple botchings regarding Sean Taylor, team alumni (Mark Mosely, London Flecther), and the dates of championships on the crest, and the logo leaks showed at best incompetence and at worst a complete lack of interest in things regarding this team.

Having said that, I'm sure he would do fine as a PR guy on another team. Maybe we'll get the real scoop if he writes a book...as long as Snyder doesn't pay him NOT to write on like he did with RG 3-and-out.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jeff Bezos hasn’t entered the bidding for the Washington Commanders, but the Amazon founder will be given every opportunity to do so.

Sources told Front Office Sports that the current deadline for Commanders owner Dan Snyder to pick a winning bidder remains weeks — not days — away.

In the meantime, Josh Harris’ group remains the frontrunner. 

Harris, who owns the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils, fell short in his effort to purchase the Denver Broncos last year, but a source described his Commanders bid as “very strong.” 

Harris teamed with billionaire industrial firm co-founder Mitchell Rales and NBA legend Magic Johnson to submit a bid of nearly $6 billion for the Commanders. Meanwhile, Canadian businessman Steve Apostolopoulos has spent recent days trying to buttress his reported $6 billion bid, another source said. 

Sources said the current target to select a bidder is ahead of the start of the next owners meetings on May 22 — a day before the Commanders start their voluntary offseason workouts, also known as organized team activities. 

There had been some speculation that May 12 was a target date after The Athletic reported that players signed this offseason had their signing bonuses pushed back to that date. 

But a source told FOS that it’s not unusual for teams to pay out signing bonuses in May: “People are guessing.”

Puck News reported Monday that Snyder spoke with Bezos, the world’s third-richest human, over the holidays.

“If Jeff really wants it, he will win it,” a source told the outlet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

At this point, if Bezos is waiting ... What is he waiting for?

Let's not forget that Snyder/the team have a bunch of pending legal issues ongoing. They may be trying to figure out how to navigate around that mess before proceeding with an offer. 

• Like 1

UFC is offering 2.5B over valuation for WWE. If Dan has to sell below $7B for the team, the rest of the owners feel their franchise value has been damaged.  However, if you are buying this franchise, there are huge red flags that should be screaming discount not premium.

• NFL leadership is screaming by their actions that the probability that NFL is suspect as a whole is significantly greater than 0. While said probability is low, a smart buyer buyer will at least not offer a premium.
  • At a minimum, you are going to have drop another 2-3B on purchase of the team.
  • The Washington Club books are highly suspect, even if you give the NFL as a whole a pass. You either must get a discount for taking on that risk or get a lower price to pay for your own team of forensic accountants (and then there is going to be time to do the research).
  • The team itself may be liable for some of Snyder's actions as owner.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I tend to think that Wright is likely competent at many things...but made little if any effort to understand things specific to this team since he came on board. That to me indicates a guy with high IQ but low EQ. His multiple botchings regarding Sean Taylor, team alumni (Mark Mosely, London Flecther), and the dates of championships on the crest showed at best incompetence and at worst a complete lack of interest in things regarding this team.

Having said that, I'm sure he would do fine as a PR guy on another team. Maybe we'll get the real scoop if he writes a book...as long as Snyder doesn't pay him NOT to write on like he did with RG 3-and-out.

I hear you.  It's one of these to each their own things.  No rights or wrongs.  For me personally, I just don't give a hoot about the crest and stuff like that. 

Get me the freakin stadium -- but that's what floats my boat, nothing comes even remotely close.  You can name the team the Presidents, add a shade of blue to their road unforms, and mispell an alumni's name -- it means nothing to me.  i am not saying it should mean nothing to anyone else here.   But I am just speaking to what moves me. 

For me I am sick of nostalgia with this team and anything relating to it.   So how we honor the past, I got a modicum of interest at best.  and don't get me wrong I lived through it and loved it.  But over time the more we relive that stuff, the more sad it feels to me.   Feels like someone my age who wants to keep reliving their college years.   When I walked into Redskins Park and see the trophies, it depresses me.  Reminds me how long ago it was.  If we start winning again, I'd likely feel differently.

Just in general i don't care about the business operations leg of the team with exception of get a freaken new spanking stadium.  And everything he's said on that front has impressed me.  That's what I care about.  So for me Wright is more than fine.  I've not heard a single thing from him or read a single thing that he's doing that feels like a red flag on that front unlike his predecessor.  And when he speaks about the issue, he seems serious and passionate and determined.  I like that a lot.  Yeah I can probably along with anyone here can school Wright about the glory years of the 80s but it just means nothing to me. 

But again I don't care, they can let him go but if they do get someone who is sharp about the stadium quest.  I agreed with what Wright said on Keim's podcast today.  The top 2 things are: 1.  Win.  2.  New stadium.  For me everything else is a joke in importance in comparison with the exception of don't have an embarassing fear driven and sexiest culture in that building which Dan and the previous head of business operations allowed to happen.

I know @SoCalSkins hates Wright and lol sounds like Harris, too. :ols:   But what I do have in common with him is stadium, stadium, stadium,  And its reason why i actually would like Bezos almost as much as Harris.  I think Harris is much better suited for reasons that I explained to get a stadium than he gives him credit for.  But I do agree with his hunch that Bezos would likely kill it on the stadium.  It's the reason why i want Harris or Bezos -- because I got doubts about the others. 

It's pretty humorous, and on brand, for a few of we extremeskins posters to be firmly opining what Bezos "should" do and "how" he should do it.

Maybe he'll hire one of us as a business advisor if we send him our resumes and include links to our posts. 😛 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

It's pretty humorous, and on brand, for a few of we extremeskins posters to be firmly opining what Bezos "should" do and "how" he should do it.

Maybe he'll hire one of us as a business advisor if we send him our resumes and include links to our posts. 😛 🙂

Are you implying he couldn’t be further educated by reading this thread ? Shameful.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Can I put you down as a reference?  Blink once if you think it's a good idea, twice if not.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

So if Perez is right, we got weeks (three weeks? otherwise say a month) give or take but its shorter if Bezos bids because he'd likely have the highest bid.  That's right up against the draft ironically. 

If so I should probably stay away from this thread for awhile for my own sanity. :ols:

It's still amazing to me that the "mystery" bidder hasn't been revealed, yet.  Whomever that person is they are a elite at staying below the radar and closing any leaks. 

• Like 1

I also think that the league will want Bezos in, however they will also want to avoid Harris being jilted twice now. He’s a credible, financially vetted, bid leader who will add massive value to the league. Would he try again a third time ? Maybe so.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I thought @SoCalSkins was already on his payroll.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So if Perez is right, we got weeks (three weeks? otherwise say a month) give or take but its shorter if Bezos bids because he'd likely have the highest bid.  That's right up against the draft ironically. 

If so I should probably stay away from this thread for awhile for my own sanity. :ols:

It's still amazing to me that the "mystery" bidder hasn't been revealed, yet.  Whomever that person is they are a elite at staying below the radar and closing any leaks. 

I think the timeline on a decision changes daily as Dan is an impetuous baboon. 

Reporting could be weeks today and then Dan wakes up in London, has a Full English Breakfast, enjoys his eggs, and decides he isn’t going to wait and finalizes the sale.  Or he doesn’t like his coffee and it throws him into a tizzy and he forgets about everything except finding better coffee which sends him on a 3 week quest.  

Who knows with this guy.  When you remove logic, reason and good business sense from a transaction you get an unpredictable mess.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Makes 2 of us!

That Saturday like three weeks ago when that blogger said its going down and a few piggybacked on it, etc -- that was the peak its been all downhill from there. 😎

For me the hardest read judging by rumors-gossip including by Keim is how does it look for Bezos.  Is he in, is he out, etc.  My take on it changes week to week as the narrative keeps changing.  Everything else seems steady except for the "mysterious" bidder that Keim keeps stressing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I also think that the league will want Bezos in, however they will also want to avoid Harris being jilted twice now. He’s a credible, financially vetted, bid leader who will add massive value to the league. Would he try again a third time ? Maybe so.

Why wouldn’t he?  We’re running out of super billionaires for him to lose to.  Walmart and Bezos (assuming it’s Bezos who wins over Harris) would have teams.  

There are a few Saudi princes and what not floating around, but the number of 10B+ individuals who could just put bid Harris is dwindling.  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think the timeline on a decision changes daily as Dan is an impetuous baboon. 

Reporting could be weeks today and then Dan wakes up in London, has a Full English Breakfast, enjoys his eggs, and decides he isn’t going to wait and finalizes the sale.  Or he doesn’t like his coffee and it throws him into a tizzy and he forgets about everything except finding better coffee which sends him on a 3 week quest.  

Who knows with this guy.  When you remove logic, reason and good business sense from a transaction you get an unpredictable mess.  

Ywp I know.  Besides the confidentiality of this stuff as you like to stress, the wildcard on this all is Dan. 

We are tryting to guess Dan and he's not an easy guy to guess because he's a high strung guy who beats to his own drum but not in a good way.  Some who know him say he changes his mind from one day to another, impulsive as heck. 

39 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I sent him my resume.

He replied I sounded over qualified. 🤔

• Haha 2