Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

If this happens, does it happen in the middle of the season or are there so many logistics (not to mention not wanting to distract from the season itself) involved that it would take place sometime between the super bowl and the draft?

Nearly every different person I’ve listened to has said that they will try and fast track this. I’m sure they have already been drafting the paperwork. I’m sure they have dans financials ready to go from the investigations. 

I think they want it over before the end of the year ends so the owner can clean staff instead of leaving one knowing it’s on its way out to run another offseason that’s been piss poor for 3 years already 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If this happens, does it happen in the middle of the season or are there so many logistics (not to mention not wanting to distract from the season itself) involved that it would take place sometime between the super bowl and the draft?

Good question. I think someone posted the broncos timeline earlier in the thread and if I’m remembering right it was around 6-8 months time frame before the sale was finalized/approved. So it may still take some time

oh and I think the panthers timeline was similar as well?

Edited by mh86

7 hours ago, petey hodge said:

No way... we'd always let him "purchase" this special seat... just like any other fan.

New Meadowlands stadium filled with view-obstructing beams

Don't forget to add some expired airline nuts, a handicapped seat with a quick release railing, skunky beer and a complimentary piss and sewage shower to the deal so that he gets the full fan experience.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just saying, this is exactly what I said was going on right now. I don't think Jerry Jones is being coy or cagey, I think this is an honest assessment and an accurate one. All options are on the table and it will depend on what kinds of market feelers come back to go in any particular direction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Just saying, this is exactly what I said was going on right now. I don't think Jerry Jones is being coy or cagey, I think this is an honest assessment and an accurate one. All options are on the table and it will depend on what kinds of market feelers come back to go in any particular direction

Jerruh's just being coy and snake oil slick with his wording to help his little buddy get as many billions as he can on the way out.

This thing has taken on a momentum of it's own. There's no going back now.

The genie of freedom has been released and our most fervent wish is about to be granted.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

If the league does the wrong thing and facilitates Snyder selling a minority share to fund a stadium, then I'm out for real and for good. Not from the Commanders. From the NFL.

However, I think (regardless of whatever Jerry's word salad there means) the owners only see this ending one way, and it's not that.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Just saying, this is exactly what I said was going on right now. I don't think Jerry Jones is being coy or cagey, I think this is an honest assessment and an accurate one. All options are on the table and it will depend on what kinds of market feelers come back to go in any particular direction.

I don't see someone going into business with Danny to the tune of several billon with all the crap storm of problems he has.   I think this is Jerry's way of allowing Snyder to save face and appear to be looking things over when everyone really knows the team will be sold.  Dan can't get a stadium built and everyone knows it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

In 3 or 4 years, which is about when I'm expecting Bezos and Jay-Z to lead us to our 4th Lombardi trophy, the ESPN 30/30 on "The Rise and Fall of Disheveled Dan" is going to be must see tv.

If a sale happens, I do wonder if we'll ever see a book documenting the nonsense that we've had to put up for the past close-to-quarter-century under this clown.

18 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

In 3 or 4 years, which is about when I'm expecting Bezos and Jay-Z to lead us to our 4th Lombardi trophy, the ESPN 30/30 on "The Rise and Fall of Disheveled Dan" is going to be must see tv.

I nominate Frankie Muniz to play Mr. Daniel in the movie. He'd have to pick up some weight though. 

• Haha 3

Gotta keep in mind that a lot of other owners want the Commanders to fetch as high as price as possible, and pushing the idea that a full sale is not the only possible pathway helps put pressure on people making full team sales offers.

When the Broncos sold for over list price, every NFL team's value went up. Whatever Dan pockets from this move, the other owner's combined will make a whole lot more.

13 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Too bad that Danny Devito is way too old. He could have pulled it off. 

Oh no saul rubinek would be the absolute perfect guy to play Snyder, he looks a lot like him and he already has the rich weasel part down cold.

Probably too old now though.

Kivas_Fajo.jpg.99c474ccf5556be7da8a5be2736ef75b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

If a sale happens, I do wonder if we'll ever see a book documenting the nonsense that we've had to put up for the past close-to-quarter-century under this clown.

I really have no idea why a study hasnt happened yet from the big business schools on how to destroy a brand that was thought to be fool proof.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Some of these guys at the top of that list are worth $3 to $4 billion, it doesn't seem like enough to buy an NFL team.

I would think you need to show at least $15B in combined assets based on a $5B purchase price.

That's why they put together investment groups. That's how Byron Allen, whose net worth is less than a billion, was able to be in the final groups considered for buying the Broncos. 

Wasn't Dan Snyders original share of the group that bought the Redskins like 51%?

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 2