Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm sure this is a complicated question with a complicated answer but let's say bezos buys the majority of this franchise and it's say 70 percent while Jay z has the other 30.

What happens when bezos wants to build a new stadium and all new facilities and start front loading contracts or whatever and it all starts to cost more than Jay z could handle from a capital standpoint to cover his 30 percent?

Is that something that could be a factor?

Would we be better off with daddy Warbucks as the sole owner so he can throw massive sums of cash towards capital expenditures without needing outside investors to be able to keep up with him?

The primary owner would be responsible.

Minority owners are really just investors. Any required capital outlays are by the majority owner.

The nfl should encourage minority owners  from minorities.  They get into league and maybe one day they can become a majority owner.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think in reality the league approval process isn’t as complex as we think. The NFL Finance Committee review is simply a financial review. A check to see the money is there, nothing more. Then 24 votes minimum from the owners. That seems a foregone conclusion on the grounds they apparently have that many people wanting Snyder out right now.

The key part of the process is Dan picking the prospective buyer.

Exactly, I don't think it would be that difficult for the league to arrange some kind of special virtual approval meeting once someone is selected as the buyer. 

They probably want dan to be booted ASAP.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another example below why everything being equal the richer the owner the better.  The Rams under Kroencke can build the best sports stadium in the country completely out of pocket.  Can add guaranteed money and prorate contracts without breaking a sweat.

A new owner with major cash can likely get that killer stadium, upgrade the faciities and change this Motel 6 (relative to other football teams) operation into something more state of the art fast.

In retrospect, i love that Dan leveraged himself with that 450 million loan while alienating enough people that he had almost no shot at getting public financing for a stadium.

Don’t feel sorry for Dan. That loan bought out his partners who owned a 40% stake. That amounts to around $2.5 billion when the team is sold. Interest was also at a historic low when he took on the loan. He’s getting financially rewarded for being a horrible human being. If he was a normal businessman, the partners wouldn’t have sold their shares at that valuation. Dude created multigenerational wealth in 18 months for being a jerk. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think in reality the league approval process isn’t as complex as we think. The NFL Finance Committee review is simply a financial review. A check to see the money is there, nothing more. Then 24 votes minimum from the owners. That seems a foregone conclusion on the grounds they apparently have that many people wanting Snyder out right now.

The speed of which a sale occurs depends on how many buyers there are. 

While there aren’t many people who can easily cut a check outright for the selling price; there will be some competition for Jeff.

BOA is going to want as many bidders as possible to drive up the price. So, I don’t see that being completed by the end of the year.  I don’t realistically see this process being completely before the spring meeting. Maybe they will be able to vote on sale at the March meetings.

Franchises don’t come available that often; so I expect plenty of bidders. Ones who can easily afford the full prices and ones who can only afford the 30% the nfl requires. So, the sale process will take a little time, even if Jeff is the ultimate winner.  This isn’t happening as quick as 2 months. It would be nice if it did but I think realistically it will be spring before this is all done and it will likely be 2024 before the new owner has his people in place.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'd think Jay Z would help with that immensely 

I am skeptical he is all that popular with the generation of athletes in the league now.  His first album came out in '96, nearly 26 years ago, which also happens to be the median age of NFL athletes, and his last album was over 5 years ago and not nearly as successful as his previous projects. I don't think many of them care about him as a rapper but from the perspective of being someone the athletes can relate to, rather than Jeff Bezos or name that old white billionaire, I would agree that could provide us a competitive edge.  

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The primary owner would be responsible.

Minority owners are really just investors. Any required capital outlays are by the majority owner.

The nfl should encourage minority owners  from minorities.  They get into league and maybe one day they can become a majority owner.

I'm not an accountant by any stretch of the imagination so this is beyond my scope of knowledge but it doesn't seem very fair for the majority owner to have to solely foot the bill on billions in capital expenses and then have to split it with investors upon a sale of the team.

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The speed of which a sale occurs depends on how many buyers there are. 

While there aren’t many people who can easily cut a check outright for the selling price; there will be some competition for Jeff.

BOA is going to want as many bidders as possible to drive up the price. So, I don’t see that being completed by the end of the year.  I don’t realistically see this process being completely before the spring meeting. Maybe they will be able to vote on sale at the March meetings.

Franchises don’t come available that often; so I expect plenty of bidders. Ones who can easily afford the full prices and ones who can only afford the 30% the nfl requires. So, the sale process will take a little time, even if Jeff is the ultimate winner.  This isn’t happening as quick as 2 months. It would be nice if it did but I think realistically it will be spring before this is all done and it will likely be 2024 before the new owner has his people in place.

Typically I would expect it to drag on several months well into next year. Not so sure in this instance. The investigations going on in parallel, there many be serious pressure on Snyder to settle up quickly. Don’t know. Feels like everyone will want a swift resolution here IMO.

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Has anybody else been waking up super stoked every morning with giddy anticipation for the Disheveled guy's imminent humiliating departure then kind of psychically pinching yourself just to make sure you're not still dreaming?

When this is all over I'll drink a whiskey drink, I'll drink a vodka drink, I'll drink a lager drink and I'll drink a cider drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think it would preclude groups.  But I do think it adds a wrinkle.  However, I'm sure they're looking for people who can work with the local governments to get similar deals for public funding for a stadium.

But remember this about stadiums: they take a big outlay of cash, but they make that money back in revenue over time.  You are building a cash-generating asset. And if you're smart like Jerry and the folks in LA, sure, they are massively expensive, but they are used constantly, and make the money back reasonably quickly.  Once the stadium is paid for, it becomes very valuable.  

If you get public funding that helps the whole equation.  

Now, Bezos is rich enough he can literally do anything he wants without public help, and not really even notice his bank account changed.  Others would probably have to be slightly more careful.  

I dont think the league allows any minority sale. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Has anybody else been waking up super stoked every morning with giddy anticipation for the Disheveled guy's imminent humiliating departure then kind of psychically pinching yourself just to make sure you're not still dreaming?

image.gif.b08f0f79ff065e3061dca33596cce60d.gif

Im not even reading actual team news much. Just the ownership stuff. By now I would have watched the short cuts of the last couple of Vikings games. I haven’t even thought about how much disgust I have for Kirk. The game is an afterthought this week.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Don’t feel sorry for Dan. That loan bought out his partners who owned a 40% stake. That amounts to around $2.5 billion when the team is sold. Interest was also at a historic low when he took on the loan. He’s getting financially rewarded for being a horrible human being. If he was a normal businessman, the partners wouldn’t have sold their shares at that valuation. Dude created multigenerational wealth in 18 months for being a jerk. 

Agree, financially Dan killed it on that deal considering what he likely will sell this team for.  But I don't care, I just want him gone.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Typically I would expect it to drag on several months well into next year. Not so sure in this instance. The investigations going on in parallel, there many be serious pressure on Snyder to settle up quickly. Don’t know. Feels like everyone will want a swift resolution here IMO.

I would love for it to happen; so we can dump Ron in January.

The nfl is getting Dan to sell. The nfl would want as many bidders as possible not really for this sale but for future sales.

The more bidders that drives up the price now.  It benefits the nfl if the team sells for say 7 billion vs 5 billion.

The next team can sell more than Washington. Every recent nfl sale has been more than the last.

So, I believe the nfl will let the sale process play out.  The only thing they may fast track, is the actual approval.

You want as many people interested as possible because other teams will be on sale in the future. You don’t want this sale rigged for one person. Seattle is likely the next team for sale.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It sounds like the process has quietly been going on for several weeks before the announcement, so we don't know how where things actually stand.

Even with that, I'd expect the closing of the sale to go on into the spring, even if the bidding process and league approval happen before the end of the year. It may depend on the buyer. If Bezos writes a check, then it's fairly simple. If an investor group has to get their ducks in a row, then it could take longer.

It's a multi-billion dollar transaction, so it should be done correctly and not in a rush. It wouldn't be ideal to have a caretaker regime for 2023, but it's likely the new owner starts putting a new leadership team together even before taking formal control. New GM gives Ron and the coaching and playing rosters an evaluation year.

The hardest would be a repeat of 1998 where the ownership is in limbo during the free agency signing period.

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

It sounds like the process has quietly been going on for several weeks before the announcement, so we don't know how where things actually stand.

Even with that, I'd expect the closing of the sale to go on into the spring, even if the bidding process and league approval happen before the end of the year. It may depend on the buyer. If Bezos writes a check, then it's fairly simple. If an investor group has to get their ducks in a row, then it could take longer.

It's a multi-billion dollar transaction, so it should be done correctly and not in a rush. It wouldn't be ideal to have a caretaker regime for 2023, but it's likely the new owner starts putting a new leadership team together even before taking formal control. New GM gives Ron and the coaching and playing rosters an evaluation year.

The hardest would be a repeat of 1998 where the ownership is in limbo during the free agency signing period.

No evaluation. They won’t say it but the new owner and his Gm must move on from Ron in 24.  You get your coach in as soon as you can and that realistically can’t happen until after the 23 season.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, financially Dan killed it on that deal considering what he likely will sell this team for.  But I don't care, I just want him gone.

Of course we all do but people are making out to seem like he’s taking a huge loss. If his plan was to maximize return with minimal investment he’s done pretty well. Obviously his other business failures prove he’s not remotely that savvy. Just lucky a couple of times. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

47 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think Dan will be told who the new owner is... IMO he has little to no say moving forward. He cooked the books and stole from the other owners... He's ****ed. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

I think Dan will be told who the new owner is... IMO he has little to no say moving forward. He cooked the books and stole from the other owners... He's ****ed. 

Accept Jeffs offer or we vote you out and take Jeffs offer while not waiving any of the debt you have

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Of course we all do but people are making out to seem like he’s taking a huge loss. If his plan was to maximize return with minimal investment he’s done pretty well. Obviously his other business failures prove he’s not remotely that savvy. Just lucky a couple of times. 

OK I haven't sensed from what I read and heard that people think he's taking any loss -- forgot who said it but some national reporter said in the mix, the dude burned this franchise to the ground and is going to make a fortune from doing it -- only in the NFL can you screw up and still make a major profit.

I think with Dan from what I've read-heard the big loss is this team is supposedly his whole life -- his identity, etc.

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

It is kind of screwed up how there are several perspective buyers who would need hundreds of millions of dollars in tax payer money to fund a stadium and nobody would think anything of it but if bezos did that he'd have a p.r. **** storm on his hands.

Um no matter who owns the team, if using public money is discussed many many people will certainly have something to say about it. Public opinion is decidedly shifting against giving money to any billionaire sports team owners for stadiums, pretty much across the board. And yes, the richer the owner is the more **** they should get for trying to use public money to subsidize their own money-making machines, absolutely. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It's taken me days to actually comment in this thread. All I've known is chaos. All I've known is dysfunction. The fact that Snyder's reign of terror is actually about to come to an end is shocking to my system. We are actually going to have a competent owner soon! 

The new owner will have their choice between DC, MD, and VA for a stadium. I personally believe a lot of fans will come back when Snyder is officially gone.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK I haven't sensed from what I read and heard that people think he's taking any loss -- forgot who said it but some national reporter said in the mix, the dude burned this franchise to the ground and is going to make a fortune from doing it -- only in the NFL can you screw up and still make a major profit.

I think with Dan from what I've read-heard the big loss is this team is supposedly his whole life -- his identity, etc.

Yes the last part. He’s going to justify it as making a killing like a genius businessman. If you actually think this is about his passion for the team rather than all about himself you are wrong. He will turn on it in a split second when he’s cornered and will say it was just a business deal and nothing more. He will never see it at getting his comeuppance. He will walk away with 6 billion in his pocket and be okay.